Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@deathsdoor726: It is canon, Batman and Flash still remember it.

Is that still confirmed? Because I'm pretty sure they said it was at the end of the last issue but since then they have made no note of it. Especially since it's now a completely different multiverse.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Is that still confirmed? Because I'm pretty sure they said it was at the end of the last issue but since then they have made no note of it. Especially since it's now a completely different multiverse.

Yes, Batman and shows Flash the letter from his "dad" in an issue of Justice League.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yes, Batman and shows Flash the letter from his "dad" in an issue of Justice League.

I vaguely remember that. But at this point it doesn't make any sense, really. Strange strange. But thanks.

wimble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Do you know what issue that is in? I was under the impression that it was not canon since Barry would remember his life being different than how it is now. Also Booster Gold should know to since he showed up for a little while but that could have been a different Booster as shown in the Futures End one shot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wimble23 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Do you know what issue that is in? I was under the impression that it was not canon since Barry would remember his life being different than how it is now. Also Booster Gold should know to since he showed up for a little while but that could have been a different Booster as shown in the Futures End one shot.

I don't know the issue and I'm to lazy to look lol

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have often wondered if DC even knows the answer.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I heard someone say it isn't I just wanted to be sure

Using feats from an alternate timeline makes no sense. It's like if I used feats from Age of Apocalypse for the X-Men in every battle. These are alternate characters who many times have different mindsets and even some time powers. I know you want to use it to try to gauge how a battle of Aquaman and Wonder Woman would go if they were fighting to the best of their abilities, but it just doesn't work even in most of the fight you have Wonder Woman fighting down to Aquaman's level as she engaged him at a comparable speed to where he was still able to fight her as oppose to blitzing him. She literally beat and killed that timeline's Captain Marvel, but had trouble with Aquaman? So then that asks the question is Aquaman in the same class as Wonder Woman, Superman and Captain Marvel on a regular basis?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Hardly. The way it was explained in the Flashpoint, Flash's memories began to fall in line with that parallel timeline, because everything was changed so drastically. They probably did remember it at some point, but Flash has more than likely forgotten what once was. Batman probably still has the note from his father, and he knows he got it from Flash, but other than that... Flash doesn't even know how or whom he got it from.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Hardly. The way it was explained in the Flashpoint, Flash's memories began to fall in line with that parallel timeline, because everything was changed so drastically. They probably did remember it at some point, but Flash has more than likely forgotten what once was. Batman probably still has the note from his father, and he knows he got it from Flash, but other than that... Flash doesn't even know how or whom he got it from.

Even if they forget about it doesn't necessarily mean it's not canon.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

yep

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

yep

I never said it wasn't canon. To an extent, sure, it is canon.

But this is alike the JSA's Axis of Evil storyline, where Mr. Terrific has to come back to the past to prevent a future of Nazi's in control of the free world. It might not be canon to Jaime, who beat the crap out of MR T then dies, or Batman. But Mr. Terrific rermembers it.

Difference is, it's canon to the extent that if you were to argue a replication of feats, etc, it wouln't be doable.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

yep

But this is alike the JSA's Axis of Evil storyline, where Mr. Terrific has to come back to the past to prevent a future of Nazi's in control of the free world. It might not be canon to Jaime, who beat the crap out of MR T then dies, or Batman. But Mr. Terrific rermembers it.

Difference is, it's canon to the extent that if you were to argue a replication of feats, etc, it wouln't be doable.

If you are talking about battle forums, then the PreN52 feats should not be counted but that doesn't mean they can't replicate their previous feats,they still have the potential, anyways the OP didn't mentioned anything about feats.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

yep

If you are talking about battle forums, then the PreN52 feats should not be counted but that doesn't mean they can't replicate their previous feats,they still have the potential, anyways the OP didn't mentioned anything about feats.

Even to Pre-52 it wouldn't be canon.

What I said still stands, it's canon to an extent. The relation to the JSA example I gave is nothing more, just an example.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

@nickthedevil said:

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rustyroy said:

@nickthedevil said:

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

yep

Even to Pre-52 it wouldn't be canon.

What I said still stands, it's canon to an extent. The relation to the JSA example I gave is nothing more, just an example.

Flashpoint was an event that took place in between Post Crisis and New 52 so it's canon in a way, without it New 52 wouldn't have happened and Post Crisis wouldn't have ended.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

If you want to argue those technicalities, then the Pre-52 is still canon, because without it, there would be no retcon, therefore, no New Earth. As is COIE, because of same reasons, and the Silver Age.

COIE was to have the same effect. Only a few characters remembered the event, and the thing was partly canon to an extent. Other than that... there's not much more to go off of.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

If you want to argue those technicalities, then the Pre-52 is still canon, because without it, there would be no retcon, therefore, no New Earth. As is COIE, because of same reasons, and the Silver Age.

COIE was to have the same effect. Only a few characters remembered the event, and the thing was partly canon to an extent. Other than that... there's not much more to go off of.

Yeah those are still canon technically and some of the parts of that universe still exists? Isn't that the story of Convergence? That Brainiac collected some Cities/Earths from the Post Crisis multiverse and Flashpoint universe? From what I understand that those universe were destroyed, doesn't mean that they were not canon, it just means that most of them don't exist anymore.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: Besides those people with speed force powers who manipulated time? I'm fairly certain flash can do that in Pre and new (after he gets more feats in) 52 and yes he is just because he is in the same class doesn't mean one is strong enough to take down superman or captain marvel (I think they are both stronger than Wonder woman and aqua man but we'l get to that later) do i think aquaman can contend with superman? Absolutely but can he defeat him? No

though his trident would put Kal s durability to the test for sure

And she also made Cap say Shazam right? It's not like she decapitated him with no difficulty it's like havin Tony stark kill the the hulk after he transforms back to banner or killing superman under a red sun if you depower him of course he's going to lose and if aquaman had a weakness like being under a red sun makes him become normal then he would lose to WW on krypton

My point is she depowered him not strait up slaughtered him

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: Besides those people with speed force powers who manipulated time? I'm fairly certain flash can do that in Pre and new (after he gets more feats in) 52 and yes he is just because he is in the same class doesn't mean one is strong enough to take down superman or captain marvel (I think they are both stronger than Wonder woman and aqua man but we'l get to that later) do i think aquaman can contend with superman? Absolutely but can he defeat him? No

though his trident would put Kal s durability to the test for sure

And she also made Cap say Shazam right? It's not like she decapitated him with no difficulty it's like havin Tony stark kill the the hulk after he transforms back to banner or killing superman under a red sun if you depower him of course he's going to lose and if aquaman had a weakness like being under a red sun makes him become normal then he would lose to WW on krypton

My point is she depowered him not strait up slaughtered him

She went shot for shot and was able to contend with him as she's been shown to do in many instances Pre 52 regarding Superman and Captain Marvel. Aquaman, however has never shown to be able to do either one.

These are still alternate timelines so attempting to use it as a canon feat is a moot point because it never occurred. It's a what if situation.

Lordmulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the remeberance of the timeline, batman still remembers it, in batman and robin 31 or so, the beginning of robin rises he said some things and was talking about the pre52 timeline and in his memnory the pictures there were the pre52 custume.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's canon just like COIE was canon to the pre-52 universe. Though, mo, having characters remember Flashpoint is beyond stupid.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: How many other timelines created cannon events? This one made a entire cannon time line /universe. And aquaman has fought superman a few times I'll have to look for scans though

From what I have seen flashpoint is cannon thus making the fight between aquaman and wonder woman cannon and she almost got her eye poked out with a trident

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: How many other timelines created cannon events? This one made a entire cannon time line /universe. And aquaman has fought superman a few times I'll have to look for scans though

From what I have seen flashpoint is cannon thus making the fight between aquaman and wonder woman cannon and she almost got her eye poked out with a trident

You're missing a few point on this.

• The thread we're debating in was created well before Flashpoint. Making the characters used Pre 52.
  • Even if you were to attempt to use the events and feats of Flashpoint as being cannon the would only make them cannon towards New 52 characters.

The feats you're trying to use aren't applicable to Pre 52 characters.