Is the character of Bumblebee ruined?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Sadly, the legacy of Bay is a far reaching monstrosity, as shown by Prime Bumblebee being like his movie counterpart.

Movie/Prime Bee is not Bee. He lacks the small size/weakness/insecurity of his G1 and even Animated counterpart, and is basically designed to be a "cool teenage" bot as opposed to a weak child. However, despite this new role, he lacks the hotheadedness of Hot Rod, Hot Shot, or even Sideburn, and just comes off as boring at best and a giant Mini-Con with Down syndrome at worst. His new not talking shtick is especially idiotic, and just used for dumb comedy. Will the character ever recover from this out of character abomination?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

so after decades a living machine went from child to teenager? oh no

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't think enough people have ever cared about Bumblebee for there to be a legacy.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: wrong. Everyone was pissed when Bay made BB an out of character muscle car.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@gjgp27 said:

@fallschirmjager: wrong. Everyone was pissed when Bay made BB an out of character muscle car.

I don't think so. And really, Bumblebee is the least of the problems with the new franchise. The only thing they got right out of the entire thing is the voice actor for Optimus, if you want to be such an elitist.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack
@erik said:
@gjgp27 said:

I don't think so. And really, Bumblebee is the least of the problems with the new franchise. The only thing they got right out of the entire thing is the voice actor for Optimus, if you want to be such an elitist.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about how Transformers fans felt. Like the People who actually keep up in IDW's Transformers, because it was a pretty overwhelming response that no one liked that they turned Bumblebee into R2D2. Like really overwhelming... like if you go to any TF forum you'll find MAYBE 2 people out of 1000 that didn't hate it.

He wasn't able to talk in TF Prime but he got his voice back in the last episode and even took out Megatron. Then in the follow up movie to the series he was able to talk he stepped up and become the leader o the Autobots. The WFC and FoC games he couldn't talk but those games were meant to loosely connect to Transformers Prime, so I'm hoping they will stop following the lazy "I don't know how to right a leading autobot" style of Michel Bay now that the last Transformers movie was a huge piece of crap.

I like him in right now in the The Transformers: Robots in Disguise series or at least I did the last time I read it i've fallen behind in it. He can talk in that and is the team leader.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@teerack said:
@erik said:
@gjgp27 said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about how Transformers fans felt. Like the People who actually keep up in IDW's Transformers, because it was a pretty overwhelming response that no one liked that they turned Bumblebee into R2D2. Like really overwhelming... like if you go to any TF forum you'll find MAYBE 2 people out of 1000 that didn't hate it.

He wasn't able to talk in TF Prime but he got his voice back in the last episode and even took out Megatron. Then in the follow up movie to the series he was able to talk he stepped up and become the leader o the Autobots. The WFC and FoC games he couldn't talk but those games were meant to loosely connect to Transformers Prime, so I'm hoping they will stop following the lazy "I don't know how to right a leading autobot" style of Michel Bay now that the last Transformers movie was a huge piece of crap.

I like him in right now in the The Transformers: Robots in Disguise series or at least I did the last time I read it i've fallen behind in it. He can talk in that and is the team leader.

My bad. I thought he was talking about the movie because he referenced Bay and that Bumblebee was a Camaro.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No. There have been many, many, many incarnations of all of these characters over the years and the movies are one of them. Just do what I am doing and sit back, enjoy watching some huge aliens duke it out and wait til the next retcon.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: bee taking out megatron or being leader of anything besides throttlebots is dumb

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@teerack: he could talk in WFC. He wAs voiced by Johnny Young Bosch.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@teerack: he could talk in WFC. He wAs voiced by Johnny Young Bosch.

Oh yeah! That's right. Only in the second game did he lose his voice. I remember it now.

@gjgp27 said:

@teerack: bee taking out megatron or being leader of anything besides throttlebots is dumb

Well that's just your opinion, but my point was that Bee isn't stuck being a walking radio so I don't think his character is ruined.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. There have been many, many, many incarnations of all of these characters over the years and the movies are one of them. Just do what I am doing and sit back, enjoy watching some huge aliens duke it out and wait til the next retcon.

This.

The dumbass G1 fanboys are arguably worse than Batman fanboys. Michael Bay had already did the G1 fanboys a favour by casting Peter Cullen for the voice of Optimus Prime, and they want more?

What next, G1 fanboys? A screen-for-screen remake of every shot of every Transformers episode in 3D?

Sorry, money counts in today's world, not your niche mindsets.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: first off, anyone who defends michael bay is dumbass. I'm sure his own mother disowns him, and that's only if my whole "Satan's little indiscretion" theory is false.

Secondly, because I'd prefer an actually interesting take based on his classic persona as opposed to to the narrative failgasm that is the movie, I'm a fanboy?

Shouldn't you be busy blowing stuff up?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@gjgp27 said:

Everyone? All 5 people who read Transformers comics?

@erik said:
@gjgp27 said:

Hugo Weaving is awesome as Megatron too.

@teerack I read IDW's series too and Bumblebee is the least interesting "main character" if you ask me. Megatron, Optimus, Rodimus are all way more interesting. Back to my initial point of "there's almost no bumbleebee fans period". So be it if all 10 of you are pissed off, but...

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: Michael Bay is critically attacked for making movies that are not up to critical reviewers' standards. Doesn't prevent the mainstream audience from going to watch in masses. Like I said, money counts, and Michael Bay is respectable from that perspective.

I will continue to watch Michael Bay movies if they entertain me just like I will continue to eat potato chips, so long I do in moderation.

Fact is that G1 fanboys are so whiny that apparently to these purists everything after G1 sucks and is RUINED FOREVER.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gjgp27

@thebiggestg: if I'm such a g1 fanboy than y is armada my favorite?

Money talks , but quality speaks volumes.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@thebiggestg: if I'm such a g1 fanboy than y is armada my favorite?

Money talks , but quality speaks volumes.

*slaps forehead*

Did you just admit that you're a G1 fanboy? My post was referring to G1 fanboys in general not a specific person in particular.

Well, I agree that fanboys do vary, but its those purists who are apparently the most vocal and thus the most annoying.

And people here call Batman fanboys annoying. smh

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: if u took me being a g1 fanboy away from that comment then it's no wonder you like bay movies. As far as you're concerned they're downright educational in complexity

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: I wasn't even referring to you in the first place. If you had to respond to my post it shows that you do admit that you're a fanboy in some way.

And I was attacking those extremist G1 purists.

And like as if the original G1 was educational in complexity too?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: if you have to compare to a 30 year old cartoon which bay claimed he was " fixing the problems of" to make your movies look better, than you suck balls as a creator

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: u can't just do a straightforward adaptation of the Transformers cartoon into live-action. It may work for Sin City and Watchmen but it doesn't work for Transformers.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: u can it just takes actually talent, and NO ONE asked for a straight up panel by panel adaptation

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: it takes more talent to alter an original story to audience's liking, than to do a shot-for-shot adaptation of a well-loved story.

Well I said straightforward adaptation I meant a shot-for-shot remake, which is apparently the only thing that would satisfy the purists.

Anything other than that would not be "straightforward". For the record, Transformers Dark of the Moon is based on The Ultimate Doom trilogy of the first season.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime/Bay Bumblebee is a poor man's Hot Shot

jevon101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jevon101

Transformers the movie > Bayformers.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: it takes more talent to alter an original story to audience's liking, than to do a shot-for-shot adaptation of a well-loved story.

Well I said straightforward adaptation I meant a shot-for-shot remake, which is apparently the only thing that would satisfy the purists.

Anything other than that would not be "straightforward". For the record, Transformers Dark of the Moon is based on The Ultimate Doom trilogy of the first season.

How true... I liked to watch Transformers-related media, the anime, the original show, and the movies. The "Geewun" purists are freaking annoying. They have no idea that money talks, and their idea of a pure shot-for-shot remake is just dumb and won't earn revenue.