acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes they are considered evil.

They may be deemed "beyond our understanding"

But basically that's an excuse to do whatever they want.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Not on a theoretical level. We're just not significant enough for them to care, we're just their labrats after all. Practically, yes, the experiment on and destroy anything they want and destroy entire species that the think of as useless.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, not really. The mad celestials could be considered evil though.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kyrees

@acer51 said:

an "excuse" that you cannot fault. let's put this within human limits. are you going to create something without any purpose ? if you create tiny self replicating robots, how do you decide on their outcome if they fail your purpose for building them ?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 SC  Moderator

I'd say no generally, they were inspired by Erich von Däniken's theories, so they are mostly meant to be a bit abstract to us, neutral, occasionally benevolent, occasionally cruel. Nothing personal. Jack Kirby didn't just work with good and evil, rather facets, order, neutral, chaos, so on. So The Eternals were maybe sort of good? Except more instead of good, orderly and disciplined might be better. Stable. Deviants on the other hand, were a bit more chaotic, wild, unfettered, usually played the antagonists a bit more. Humans were the balance between the two. We don't live forever but we are more genetically stable than the Deviants so we have room to grow and evolve. Neutral. Celestials were the ones whose experiments resulted in the Eternals and Deviants offshoots, but not just them, they seeded lots of worlds… and also ended many. So they create, they foster, they rehabilitate, they control, they cull, they destroy… a bit like cosmic scientists… so a bit more complicated than just notions of good and evil.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always felt like they are beyond human comprehension in cosmos

It'd be like an Ant trying to fathom or understand what Humans are doing or have accomplished or somethin'

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I always liked comparing the celestials to us. But we would basically be ants in comparison to the celestials so understad ing them is a virtually impossible task.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By magnablue

yes

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No much like Galactus

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EarthsMightiest

No, more like a cosmic force. Is a star evil if goes supernova and kills everyone in the solar system?

Personally I hate those guys, was glad Beyonders kicked theirs asses!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Galactus could be called evil though since he actually has a personal obsession with finally eating earth.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

I'd say no generally, they were inspired by Erich von Däniken's theories, so they are mostly meant to be a bit abstract to us, neutral, occasionally benevolent, occasionally cruel. Nothing personal. Jack Kirby didn't just work with good and evil, rather facets, order, neutral, chaos, so on. So The Eternals were maybe sort of good? Except more instead of good, orderly and disciplined might be better. Stable. Deviants on the other hand, were a bit more chaotic, wild, unfettered, usually played the antagonists a bit more. Humans were the balance between the two. We don't live forever but we are more genetically stable than the Deviants so we have room to grow and evolve. Neutral. Celestials were the ones whose experiments resulted in the Eternals and Deviants offshoots, but not just them, they seeded lots of worlds… and also ended many. So they create, they foster, they rehabilitate, they control, they cull, they destroy… a bit like cosmic scientists… so a bit more complicated than just notions of good and evil.

So if a celestial was about to blow up earth, and a person was standing before it, and pleaded to be spared. What would the celestial do? analyze said humans' "worthiness"?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if humans are considered evil for killing pests and insects. Its also worth noting that Celestials don't always destroy entire worlds that are judged as unworthy. Sometimes they only destroy what they consider to be the bad elements on it and spare the good elements.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@juzacloud: Gaea managed to convince them from sparing earth in the past using gods that embodied the archivements of humanity, I think.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Betterment of the universe

They have a greater understanding of what must be done. Everyone on earth messes it up!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Gaea offered the celestials 12 perfect humans and convinced them that they were as much their children as hers.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

it's funny how people think celestials are villains

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if they are evil or not. But sometime I feel like the things they do are so heartless hahaha if they have a heart.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: @jayc1324: Galactus hates Earth because he can never get around to killing them. The Celestials are at least antagonists to the story

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most cosmic entities like the the Celestials or Galactus are "neutral". They're like forces of nature.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Race or Species??

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't unless you're referring to the Mad Celestials. Are we evil for killing ants?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. They're just "there" in the good and evil stuff.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@acer51 said:

an "excuse" that you cannot fault. let's put this within human limits. are you going to create something without any purpose ? if you create tiny self replicating robots, how do you decide on their outcome if they fail your purpose for building them ?

It may not be fallible but it isn't provable either, I could say I'm above good and evil too and I'd be just has justified as The Celestials, the only difference is their infinitely more powerful but when you think about it that argument basically boils down to whoever has the biggest gun gets to say whatever they want.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Rouflex

@vivide said:

whoa there, this is 2015 be more tolerant

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're above that concept.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they were evil everyone would be dead or slaves to them. But they are kind of above petty stuff like that. They aren't good or bad. They just are.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't always kill off all life either even when Arishem gives the thumbs down. They are also capable of only removing the elements on a planet(or just the humans deemed unworthy) while allowing the other life to live.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By conner_wolf

@johnnyz256: At most, Neutral Evil is what we should consider them. Or Chaotic Neutral.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

whoa there, this is 2015 be more tolerant

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

If they were evil everyone would be dead or slaves to them. But they are kind of above petty stuff like that. They aren't good or bad. They just are.

Agreed. They are not evil but they can be annoying.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

They're more neutral.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

They are beyond Good & Evil.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

By human standards I suppose they could be considered evil but to them what they do to us is no different than what we do to bugs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say they do evil things but aren't downright evil. I saw someone ask if a human is evil for killing pest. It's kind of the same thing

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say so

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Imperfect_Cell
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 SC  Moderator

@sc said:

So if a celestial was about to blow up earth, and a person was standing before it, and pleaded to be spared. What would the celestial do? analyze said humans' "worthiness"?

Hello. Sorry, I never got this notification.

So to your question, well I am not a Celestial and a Celestial is a fictional character, so I think the answer could be many many different things. Could depend on the writer and other variables they are considering. If I was the writer, there wouldn't be one right answer. Like in one situation, the Celestial could blow the Earth up anyway, because according to their data pruning the Earth now would be beneficial to 100 more planets with species more intelligent, peaceful, creative and kind than humans. Like a human gardener might prune a few plants in a garden for the benefit of other plants considered more valuable. Another situation, the Celestial could leave and come back after a small break of a few thousand years. Or the Celestial could teleport that human to another place where their memory is wiped and they think they are some other creature and then destroy the Earth. I think that fits the spirit of the idea best, you never know what variables, motivations or reasons the Celestials are considering or employing. You can guess to some extent, and then wonder.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

More like beyond our understanding.