Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Aside from the big two questions in Hickmans run on Avengers, the first being how can they stop the Incursions and who/what is the Great Destroyer one of the yet unanswered mysteries is the Ivory Kings.

What do we know about the Ivory Kings:

1. They gave Black Swans people the Library of World;

2. The Black Priests have encountered them before and show some deference towards them and where hunting for a way to gain access to the Library;

3. The Great Society has encountered them before and the thought of facing them again terrified them or at least their Batman clone.

And that's about it.

No Caption Provided

We are early into the final arc of Times Runs Out and still no sign of them. The next part is opinion and speculation and I invite anyone to jump in. Here is what we presume to the Beyonder on NA #29 cover (lord if its Maximus I will be embarrassed).

I note the empty space (a destroyed universe from an incursion perhaps), white suit (standard Beyonder attire), eyes and energy. Based on the retcon of the Beyonder that he was a partial Cosmic Cube that had achieved sentience (not that abomination retcon Bendis did) It is my hypothesis that the Ivory Kings are in fact surviving sentient CC from destroyed dimensions.

How did they survive when the home dimension is destroyed? Well in short the cosmic cube energy is not native to this multiverse. The cosmic energy was inserted into this multiverse by beings called the "Beyonders" and captured by cosmic containment devices.

I hope to add to this post later but I wanted to get my thoughts out there while on the top of my head and I have to get back to work lol!

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EarthsMightiest
No Caption Provided

Today is the day folks, from New Avengers 29!!

Oh yea only 2 dozen Universes left btw

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaati will be doing some wild speculation after eading this...

Avatar image for sweetisvengeance
SweetisVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ignore the stupid retcon of beyonder and molecule man.

Beyonder is another universe in itself

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is

Yes!! The Ivory Kings are the Beyonders! We don't get to much information about them accept at the end of the issue 3 appear at the other end of a portal!!

I will take my $10 gift card now.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: i think i saw outline of fourth in portal and the right one looked very Brainiac-ish.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@earthsmightiest: Great job on this! I had no clue as to who the Ivory Kings could be up until I read the issue. I thought it was Maximus and not the Beyonder on the cover for the longest time...