Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If i made a

Red hood vs lady Shiva

Red hood vs bronze tiger

Red hood vs batman

Most people would say jason loses all those fights

But in his book Jason stomped shiva, stalemated bronze tiger, and batman.

So if any writer can make any character win against another, is there any point to a battle forum?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DBVSE7

It's more about the individuals debating skills rather than who's right or wrong.

Sure, bias opinions will appear but that happens all over CV. It's also fun, and a great learning experience for users who are just getting into comics and/or debating.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

In reality the Battle Forums don't matter, but it's a fun place for people to unload their nerd-rage on those who believe something in opposition of their beliefs. It's a place for people to tell others that they have read more than them, or that they misinterpreted what really happened.

Mostly though, they are fun and give people a chance to debate and converse about the characters they are passionate about or passionately against.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Define Point . . .ful; being on most of the internet is "pointless".

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By midnightdragon18
Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman beats Goku #fact #nopointarguing #420neverforget

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In reality the Battle Forums don't matter, but it's a fun place for people to unload their nerd-rage on those who believe something in opposition of their beliefs. It's a place for people to tell others that they have read more than them, or that they misinterpreted what really happened.

Mostly though, they are fun and give people a chance to debate and converse about the characters they are passionate about or passionately against.

I believe the same thing as well, but the same could be said for most internet forums in general :p.

Define Point . . .ful; being on most of the internet is "pointless".

Mostly if you're on internet forums but if you're researching info, learning new skills via YouTube, doing many other things you can use to learn, communicating with friends and family, then it isn't.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're pointless to the degree that most of the time people will just believe what they want to believe once they have their mind made up which often comes before any actual debating has been done.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you wanna be all serious then Of course it's pointless, but so is masterbating, eating junk food/desserts, playing video games, and many other fun time waisters.

The only real point is to have fun. That's the point man. It's just dumb, silly fun.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If i made a

Red hood vs lady Shiva

Red hood vs bronze tiger

Red hood vs batman

Most people would say jason loses all those fights

But in his book Jason stomped shiva, stalemated bronze tiger, and batman.

So if any writer can make any character win against another, is there any point to a battle forum?

Well, personally, i see the battle foruns as a way for people to have fun debating about those character's abillities, while learning from it, as well.

" But in his book Jason stomped shiva, stalemated bronze tiger, and batman. "

That's my biggest problem with it, though...is that Jason's showings out-side of his own book, don't match his showings in-side of his own book...its like, someone is trying to pass the idea, that Jason its now world-top-tier good in skill, but nobodie-else is buying it...no matter what book is (Batman...Batman and Robin...Batman Eternal...Teen Titans...etc) out-side of his own book, New 52 Jason is still the same old Pre-New-52 Jason.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does that make it useless?

Also,

@leo-343 said:

No. It's fun.

jeanSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could also be a place to learn about new characters, discover feats they've accomplished, and who they've fought in the past. I know I've learned a lot my short time here by the battle forum

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Context is important in comic books, that's why Bane beat Batman in Knightfall and why their current battle is about even. If we're talking about a fresh Batman who just started patrolling Gotham a few minutes ago (as is the case in most forums) then he would stomp Jason. Battle forums also give people prep time and can combine universes. In my opinion though I use battle forums to learn about comics and get Batman feats.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Penderor

Depends on what you consider pointless.

Yes in theory it is pointless, as no Viner can claim a real winner. The writer, director can.

In practice? Yes it is fun to troll local kids though.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because some characters will never actually officially fight each other. The battle forums allow people to debate as to who they think would win and why. Sure there will probably never be a 100% agreement for some, but reading peoples points as to why they think A would beat B can be entertaining and interesting.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@dbvse7 said:

It's more about the individuals debating skills rather than who's right or wrong.

Sure, bias opinions will appear but that happens all over CV. It's also fun, and a great learning experience for users who are just getting into comics and/or debating.

Pretty much.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

I find them highly interesting

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Yes it is pointless because every fight ends in tie.

~MiB

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What i have to say to the Battle Threads
What i have to say to the Battle Threads

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Frisky4

How does that make it useless?

Also,

@leo-343 said:

No. It's fun.

And it also keeps me sane. Sometimes.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Well if you wanna be all serious then Of course it's pointless, but so is masterbating, eating junk food/desserts, playing video games, and many other fun time waisters wasters.

The only real point is to have fun. That's the point man. It's just dumb, silly fun.

Jesus, Luke, ur so unlitterate

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By those_eyes

@dbvse7 said:

Thats what CAV and tournaments are for. lol

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: I would take offense to that, if it didn't come from someone with such poor grammar.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@frisky4: I would take offense to that, if it didn't come from someone with such poor grammar.

Heh. I can't tell if you took me seriously or not.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: :D I did, but now I feel stupid...I had to comeback with something. :p

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DBVSE7

@those_eyes: Exactly, and they're part of the Battle forums lol.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@frisky4: :D I did, but now I feel stupid...I had to comeback with something. :p

Lol.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ariesxmasters

The Battle Forum is incredibly pointless, and shouldn't exist for numerous reasons:

1) Feats are inconsistent and unreliable.

2) There is no way to tell what the character would actually do in the fight.

3) Whatever character has more fanboys in the thread at the time will always win. (Hence why Superman always wins)

4) The faster character always wins, and can dodge any and everything like they're a psychic or something. (Hence why Superman, Flash and Zoom never lose, while Hulk and Thor always lose)

5) Feats are taken out of context 99% of the time there.

6) Every character has high end and low end showing so when debating in the battle forum you can literally make any character look as god like or as crappy as you want.

7) People can call "PIS" whenever you have a feat they don't like.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I agree with all points except for #2. I believe based on history of a character in battles displayed in comics you can determine what they MIGHT/USUALLY do. Like for example Killer Croc always loses, so he should in fact lose on battles forum to everyone. Lmao. I'M just messing around.

I agree with all your points, but I restrict myself from certain battles involving specific characters anymore IE: Flash, Sentry, Iceman. Not because I dont like them but because it's impossible to debate against them (speed force/steal, absolute zero, Sentry gets a new power every week around here) I enjoy reading their appearances but not in battles forum.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I agree with all points except for #2. I believe based on history of a character in battles displayed in comics you can determine what they MIGHT/USUALLY do. Like for example Killer Croc always loses, so he should in fact lose on battles forum to everyone. Lmao. I'M just messing around.

I agree with all your points, but I restrict myself from certain battles involving specific characters anymore IE: Flash, Sentry, Iceman. Not because I dont like them but because it's impossible to debate against them (speed force/steal, absolute zero, Sentry gets a new power every week around here) I enjoy reading their appearances but not in battles forum.

The first part is funny lol.

I agree with you on the second part while I know like nothing about Sentry, and I like and read Flash, and Iceman it is like virtually impossible to debate on them, because the person will simply keep spinning the argument Flash is to fast for everything, Iceman is basically impossible to fully kill. The big problem on this site is that all that matters to everyone is speed, and everyone always swears a character first move is to speed blitz like this is a high school football game. Look on just about any battle and I guarantee you will see half the comment say "A speed blitz B", or "B speed blitz A", and you will also see nothing but "A doesn't have the speed feats to suggest he could ever tag B", or "B doesn't have the speed feats to suggest he could ever tag A". It's just so terrible there is like literally no reason to go there, because you don't learn anything, misinformation is spread through feats that are taken out of context, and everyone goes there with a incredibly bias mindset voiding the whole point of the forum. It turns into as I said above who has the most fanboys in the thread wins.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By Stahlflamme

Obviously there is no point to it, but the entertainment of those participating, that starts with the arguments generally being about who wins a majority and therefore having nothing to do with occurences in comics, which are for obvious reasons just one fight, and ends with ridiculously unlikely outcomes being quite common in comic books. Those who go complain everytime a character beats another one in a new issue have not understood what the battle forum is about. Look at Hulk, most heroes have at one point or another beaten Hulk, but not many would take a majority.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's entertaining...

Plus logic can exist sometimes and it's a great way to predict fights that will never happen in comics...

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Battle Forum is incredibly pointless, and shouldn't exist for numerous reasons:

1) Feats are inconsistent and unreliable.

2) There is no way to tell what the character would actually do in the fight.

3) Whatever character has more fanboys in the thread at the time will always win. (Hence why Superman always wins)

4) The faster character always wins, and can dodge any and everything like they're a psychic or something. (Hence why Superman, Flash and Zoom never lose, while Hulk and Thor always lose)

5) Feats are taken out of context 99% of the time there.

6) Every character has high end and low end showing so when debating in the battle forum you can literally make any character look as god like or as crappy as you want.

7) People can call "PIS" whenever you have a feat they don't like.

As you know, I agree with you 90+% of the time...however..I think you left one out. As odd as some folks saying "speed is everything"..I've run across those that act as if speed is a non-factor. One my problems with Hulk was folks saying "Getting stronger as you get madder" was somehow a better power than moving at light speed, which always made my head spin. I think points #6-7 was the real reason I quit the battle forums. Want (insert character here) to look great? Scan a great feat. Want him/her to look bad? Scan a low-end showing. Don't like what one of the scans showed? Call it PIS so you can pretend (to some degree) that it never happened.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Sure, bias opinions will appear but that happens all over CV.It's also fun, and a great learning experience for users who are just getting into comics and/or debating.

PFFFTTTTT!!!!!!

No, no it is not.