Is Superman/Batman set in regular continuity?

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBatman586

I ask this question because as of this writing, almost everyone in the mainstream DC Universe considers Bruce Wayne to be dead (even though he's not, but that's another story). However, in the ongoing Superman/Batman series, it's as though the Final Crisis never happened, and Bruce is still Batman.

Can someone explain this to me?

IcarusMach9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By IcarusMach9
@TheBatman586: Superman/Batman is set in retroactive continuity. 
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBatman586
@IcarusMach9 said:
" @TheBatman586: Superman/Batman is set in retroactive continuity.  "

...so does that make it canon or not?
IcarusMach9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IcarusMach9
@TheBatman586: Yes canon, but set in the past.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@TheBatman586:  Its suppose to be "out" of continuity yet several issues plainly set foot in current continuity. There are several issues in which events clearly take place after events in current continuity. Like Batman talking about how he enjoyed knocking out Lady Shiva for what she did to Catwoman. An obvious reference to the Hush arc. The DCU has come out and said its not in continuity, yet several of the first issues in the series were. It was briefly discussed here.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBatman586
@Gambler said:
" @TheBatman586:  Its suppose to be "out" of continuity yet several issues plainly set foot in current continuity. There are several issues in which events clearly take place after events in current continuity. Like Batman talking about how he enjoyed knocking out Lady Shiva for what she did to Catwoman. An obvious reference to the Hush arc. The DCU has come out and said its not in continuity, yet several of the first issues in the series were. It was briefly discussed here. "

Thanks for that video link.  
So some of the issues are in continuity, and some of them aren't? How would you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?
jboncha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By jboncha

I think the first couple years were in continuity but I stopped reading after that so I dont know exactly when it split off.
All of Jeph Loeb's issue are in continuity.