• 142 results
#1 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has weaknesses (kryptonite and red sun radiation) and vulnerabilities (Magic) and Thor just doesn't have any Achilles' heels. he doesn't have a chink in his armor.

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Thor going to get Kryptonite or red sun rays?

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

assuming he knew about knite I think its be pretty easy for him to get it. and people have told me he could either bfr him to a red sun or he could drain his solar energy. this isn't a superman hate thread. superman is my favorite character. im hoping somebody proves me wrong...

#4 Edited by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman is fighting Marvel heroes, his weaknesses are kind of non factors. Unless somehow Thor magically discovers Supes is vunerable to a material that doesnt even exist in his universe....

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

ok but thor is powered by something superman is vulnerable to. how does supes combat that

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Sorry if that sounded rude, I was just asking an honest question. I get that Thor could go deep enough into space to discover Kryptonite, but isn't it incredibly rare? And I'd imagine its really hard to knock Superman that far away, he's about as powerful as Thor.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

no worries bro. and to my knowledge every tom dick and harry has it whenever they need it. lex has it all the time, batman does, metallo, it randomly appears in the most inconvenient moments for supes....I think supermans real weakness is bad writers. and I actually think superman is physically more powerful than thor. but thor is close and he's powered by the dumbest superman weakness of them all...magic

#8 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@rulerofthisuniverse:

assuming he knew about knite I think its be pretty easy for him to get it. and people have told me he could either bfr him to a red sun or he could drain his solar energy. this isn't a superman hate thread. superman is my favorite character. im hoping somebody proves me wrong...

How could Thor BFR Superman to a red sun when thor shouldnt even be able to hit him. Kryptonite is one of the rarest objects in the universe. Its not easy for anyone to get,

#9 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19:

you think superman is that much faster than thor? and he could still drain him of his solar energy, thor is still powered by magic, and if lex can get nite im willing to bet thor can as well. im just saying it seems like thor was tailor made to beat superman. I hate it but its truth

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19:

you think superman is that much faster than thor? and he could still drain him of his solar energy, thor is still powered by magic, and if lex can get nite im willing to bet thor can as well. im just saying it seems like thor was tailor made to beat superman. I hate it but its truth

Superman is vulnerable to magic. It doesnt weaken him like kryptonite. I personally dont think thor would even want the kryptonite. Thor is a warrior he'd want a fair fight.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19:

Superman is vulnerable to magic. It doesnt weaken him like kryptonite. I personally dont think thor would even want the kryptonite. Thor is a warrior he'd want a fair fight.

I know I said that in the op. ok thor doesn't want knite. he's still magic based and we've all seen what the rip off (I mean shazam/captain marvel) did to him. he can still drain his solar energy (which I think is stupid. it shouldn't be able to ne drained)

#12 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19 said:

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19:

I know I said that in the op. ok thor doesn't want knite. he's still magic based and we've all seen what the rip off (I mean shazam/captain marvel) did to him. he can still drain his solar energy (which I think is stupid. it shouldn't be able to ne drained)

If thor can drain enegry like you said. Then maybe he could beat Superman.

#13 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19:

damn I was hoping somebody would prove me wrong. I hope supes gets more new powers in Unchained

#14 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Um.... Did I interpret you wrong or did you call Captain Marvel a ripoff of Thor?

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman is fighting Marvel heroes, his weaknesses are kind of non factors. Unless somehow Thor magically discovers Supes is vunerable to a material that doesnt even exist in his universe....

Kryptonite itself doesn't exist, but its radioactive signature (for lack of a better term) does. In JLA-Avengers Radioactive Man used it against Superman.. and before all the rebooting JLA-Avengers was considered canon by both companies.

Hell they were just different parts to the same multiverse.

#17 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk is most strongest in the marvel,he best strength feats is lift one hundred and fifty billion of tons with struggle

Pre-crisis superman can lift our entire universe weight,pre-52 superman can moved 1/3 of the earth,new 52 superman can easily lift earth weight,

so,yes,thor is heavyweight for Superman

#20 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@nova_prime_: I never knew that! I always assumed it was non canon.

#21 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:

what do you mean thor is heavyweight for superman?

#22 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is a warrior born. He cannot die he will rise again, and he won't have a black costume and a stupid mullet.

But toe to toe in a fight Supes is faster and stronger. His weakness to magic and in particular magic lightning is well documented, Shazam. Thor would put the royal whupping on the blue Boy Scout. No K just a good old fashioned beat down Viking style. Even Ali could out fight a weakened pre-crisis Superman.

Freeze breath can't effect Thor bc of his experiences with frost giants and heat vision can be absorbed by Mjolnir.

#25 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@rulerofthisuniverse:

How could Thor BFR Superman to a red sun when thor shouldnt even be able to hit him. Kryptonite is one of the rarest objects in the universe. Its not easy for anyone to get,

How is it rare?

Didn't Joker, Lex, Batman, and a ton of other people in DC Universe easily obtain it?

@powerwoman
I love your profile/account name. Power Woman is awesome.

However, time to disagree and perhaps start a conversation here. Earth doesn't hit back. And didn't pre-crisis Superman only do that once? I mean.. come on.

#26 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: What are you talking about?you want to says what to me???

#27 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#28 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: ...I said nice name, and I like the profile picture.

However, when you said "he lifted the earth". I mentioned earths dont hit back, and pre-crisis Superman only did that feat once.

#29 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: New 52 superman lift earth weight

what are you talking about...Pre-crisis superman just once move planet???

what is earth isnt back?are you talking about pre-52 superman?he did it,with wonder woman and MM help him

#30 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman
Maybe it's just late, and what I'm saying just isn't coming out right.

I was making a joke/remark that the only reason New 52- Superman or any Superman has lifted the earth, is because the earth doesn't hit back.

It's like a person bragging about squashing a basketball, or chopping a piece of wood. It's impressive, but none of those things fight back.

I'll post again when I'm more awake.

#31 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: i'm really cant/hard understanding what you mean,sorry,but the comic beyond common sense

this not best Superman strength feats

not only superman do it

#32 Posted by PrimeDirective (448 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're going classic "I sneeze galaxies away" Superman then yes, Thor loses. But now in today's world? Thor and Hyperion are practically depicted as equals and Hyperion is essentially Superman in the Marvel universe. Only difference? Hyperion isn't vulnerable to magic like Superman is due to his Eternal heritage. That said, current Thor would mop the floor with current Superman.

#33 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@primedirective: how?hyperion isnt has feats to prove he was superman strength level

#35 Edited by PrimeDirective (448 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Someone hasn't been reading Hickman's current run on Avengers... Hyperion acted as the filling for a reality Oreo. He held two universes trying to implode into each other apart. While the two universes were still ripped apart and destroyed, Hyperion tanked the brunt of it to the face and survived without a scratch, only passing out from exhaustion for a few brief moments. Yeah... Hyperion is definitely on par with Superman.

#36 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: SA is never a good example, he can galaxy bust but he can trip on banana peels and get socked by olsen

#37 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@primedirective: And you not think about in the marvel universe,each universe has Galactus and Eternity,they are all dies,only hyperion survive it,so,the hickman try tell us hyperion>galactus?lol

they are isnt survive just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.i dont belive hyperion>cosmic being

@nerx said:

@powerwoman: SA is never a good example, he can galaxy bust but he can trip on banana peels and get socked by olsen

yes,i know,SA superman always has low feats,so that why we needs use feats to prove mon-el,ultra boy,or superman's all of enemy how powerful,abc logic cant work in the pre-crisisl,and of course,all of them no match to PC superman top level feats

#38 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I dont know he was galaxy buster,but he can lift our entire universe weight and tanking big bang

#39 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: bronze age, but his low showings are really really low

#40 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: abc logic unnecessary when they can be compared to s-man's low show

#41 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I can definitely agree to that.when i'm first read PC superman comic book,i'm very confused,mon-el and ultra boy best strength feat just moved a moon,which needs both together,Validus says he was dozen time stronger than PC superman,but all of his power at once just destroy city....how....when PC DS fight with PC orion both even not blow out a planet....what.....Pulsar Stargrave power is just a sun...hell,i mean,why dc not creater some really powerful charater to fight with PC superman?like blackstarr,she was very good,she can control entire universe and once push entire universe back

but we are just has a blackstarr.that too bad

#42 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: yes,but she not like superman's other enemy,you can see scan,she is real powerful

#46 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Not squishy,she push entire universe back place,she power once can hold universe together,creater black hole and quasar and any cosmic force

she can match PC superman top level,even better than PC shazam

#48 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: by magic or superpower extension, how many super punches can she tank to her face?

#49 Edited by w0nd (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@redlantern23:

ok but thor is powered by something superman is vulnerable to. how does supes combat that

he is vulnerable but that doesn`t mean he is absolutely weak against it. It would mean he could be hurt by thor, but superman has been hurt by doomsday, darkseid,mongul, so on...it would be no different than him fighting someone who could hurt him. Superman isn`t a pussy cat still he can throw punches. I could be wrong about the new 52 superman though he could be "allergic" to magic, but that could be just dark magic. If it was all magic he wouldn't be able to stand near wonder woman and her lasso

#50 Posted by Z3RO180 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I would say its spit or a Mis match because Thor is strong dude and Supes has been shown in the past to get hurt by people with great strength I.e. Doomsday, Darksied and Mogol. Also even supes is but able to magic he has been sown to go up agenst and agenst magic type characters. It's only spite when a fan makes a battle thread giving their favourite character a clear ad arise like Superman prime (golden) going up agenst normal thor or Rune King Thor going up agenst normal supes.