#1 Posted by ShadowSikes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

im new to dc comics but can anyone tell me if superman is actually the physically strongest person in dc? If not, who is?

#2 Edited by lightsout (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Of "mainstream" (popular/well-known/title-carrying characters), yes he likely is the strongest. Obviously there's cosmic (/god-like) beings who are stronger & the occasional villain who might be stronger in one instance, but of all the "regulars" he's pretty much the strongest one out there.

#3 Posted by ShadowSikes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Of "mainstream" (popular/well-known/title-carrying characters), yes he likely is the strongest. Obviously there's cosmic (/god-like) beings who are stronger & the occasional villain who might be stronger in one instance, but of all the "regulars" he's pretty much the strongest one out there.

who is comsic? Are we talking darkseid? Maybe doomsday? I thought Superman was stronger than them physically?

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. A few are stronger or as strong.

I would say that Darkseid is the strongest. I may be mistaken though.

#5 Posted by lightsout (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Cosmic like Galactus of Marvel, or Imperiex of DC. Not quite an omnipotent "god", but on another tier entirely from the mainstream heroes (the guys they have to group together to beat).

Doomsday - maybe, but it wouldn't be an "obvious" one. Doomsday changed a lot after his original appearance. So in that, since it was essentially a double-KO, you can't definitely say he was stronger IMO.

Darkseid - that's tricky. I know modern Darkseid much better, but I know the older versions were SUPER powerful (probably cosmic? a legit (new) god maybe) - because I read about a lot of people complaining about how he's become a jobber. (They don't like the animated version either haha). I guess sometimes he's so powerful he 'requires' a team to fight him, but at times he's been shown to be sometimes-beatable by Superman. I'll leave it to other to give a better breakdown of Darkseid.

BUT, I while comic fans definitely know both of these people, based on actual frequency of appearances, I would almost not include them in the group of "regulars" I mentioned (more in that "occasional villains" category).

#6 Posted by dondave (34231 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero,Citizen Steel & Darkseid

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (81458 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the Strongest DC character. Period.

Captain Marvel, a.k.a. Billy Batson (now known as SHAZAM) is a close second.

#8 Edited by The Stegman (22998 posts) - - Show Bio

I say he is.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes this!

#10 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Cosmic like Galactus of Marvel, or Imperiex of DC. Not quite an omnipotent "god", but on another tier entirely from the mainstream heroes (the guys they have to group together to beat).

Doomsday - maybe, but it wouldn't be an "obvious" one. Doomsday changed a lot after his original appearance. So in that, since it was essentially a double-KO, you can't definitely say he was stronger IMO.

Darkseid - that's tricky. I know modern Darkseid much better, but I know the older versions were SUPER powerful (probably cosmic? a legit (new) god maybe) - because I read about a lot of people complaining about how he's become a jobber. (They don't like the animated version either haha). I guess sometimes he's so powerful he 'requires' a team to fight him, but at times he's been shown to be sometimes-beatable by Superman. I'll leave it to other to give a better breakdown of Darkseid.

BUT, I while comic fans definitely know both of these people, based on actual frequency of appearances, I would almost not include them in the group of "regulars" I mentioned (more in that "occasional villains" category).

From what I've seen and read he is the strongest, but there are some people who are close to equal to him in other ways.

#11 Posted by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I thought Billy was equal to Superman in strength.........

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (81458 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Yes this!

The truth always remains. Glad I'm not the only one who sees this truth.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (81458 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I thought Billy was equal to Superman in strength.........

Some feel he is. Some say Billy is actually a bit stronger. Still, based on their actual feats, Superman has the edge.

#14 Edited by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio

No. There are other characters who are physically stronger. Darkseid is probably physically stronger.

#15 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolno

This will be as bad as batman beats everyone, I hope many people will stay relatively sane after june 14th and compare feats objectively.

not say Lolsuperman is the stongest

#16 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is Stronger than current Superman.

current Superman is probably stronger than this "Shazam" character though.

#17 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of DC characters...I wouldn't think so.

How about all the cosmic characters? I wouldn't put Darkseid or Mongul lower than Superman on a strength-o-meter.

Superman himself has said that he's taken on beings more powerful than him.

#18 Edited by Dnavrkaejya18 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

There is one that is more powerful than Superman and even the entire force of Justice League can't stop him. His name is AMAZO

#19 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BlackWind (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

No. That would be ridiculous. Just because he is Superman doesn't mean he is the most powerful. Superman isn't even the most powerful superhero.

#21 Edited by AmazingWebHead (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

It varies. Is he pre- or post-crisis? How much sunlight has he absorbed?

#22 Posted by Farkam (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he isn't.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion & Shazam are more or less on the same level.

#24 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm there is a possibility... but out of every DC character.. I don't think so.