#1 Posted by ShadowSikes (27 posts) - - Show Bio

im new to dc comics but can anyone tell me if superman is actually the physically strongest person in dc? If not, who is?

#2 Edited by lightsout (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Of "mainstream" (popular/well-known/title-carrying characters), yes he likely is the strongest. Obviously there's cosmic (/god-like) beings who are stronger & the occasional villain who might be stronger in one instance, but of all the "regulars" he's pretty much the strongest one out there.

#3 Posted by ShadowSikes (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Of "mainstream" (popular/well-known/title-carrying characters), yes he likely is the strongest. Obviously there's cosmic (/god-like) beings who are stronger & the occasional villain who might be stronger in one instance, but of all the "regulars" he's pretty much the strongest one out there.

who is comsic? Are we talking darkseid? Maybe doomsday? I thought Superman was stronger than them physically?

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3810 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. A few are stronger or as strong.

I would say that Darkseid is the strongest. I may be mistaken though.

#5 Posted by lightsout (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Cosmic like Galactus of Marvel, or Imperiex of DC. Not quite an omnipotent "god", but on another tier entirely from the mainstream heroes (the guys they have to group together to beat).

Doomsday - maybe, but it wouldn't be an "obvious" one. Doomsday changed a lot after his original appearance. So in that, since it was essentially a double-KO, you can't definitely say he was stronger IMO.

Darkseid - that's tricky. I know modern Darkseid much better, but I know the older versions were SUPER powerful (probably cosmic? a legit (new) god maybe) - because I read about a lot of people complaining about how he's become a jobber. (They don't like the animated version either haha). I guess sometimes he's so powerful he 'requires' a team to fight him, but at times he's been shown to be sometimes-beatable by Superman. I'll leave it to other to give a better breakdown of Darkseid.

BUT, I while comic fans definitely know both of these people, based on actual frequency of appearances, I would almost not include them in the group of "regulars" I mentioned (more in that "occasional villains" category).

#6 Posted by dondave (39874 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero,Citizen Steel & Darkseid

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the Strongest DC character. Period.

Captain Marvel, a.k.a. Billy Batson (now known as SHAZAM) is a close second.

#8 Edited by The Stegman (28781 posts) - - Show Bio

I say he is.

#9 Posted by JLArturo (14346 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes this!

#10 Posted by kamakazi152 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowsikes: Cosmic like Galactus of Marvel, or Imperiex of DC. Not quite an omnipotent "god", but on another tier entirely from the mainstream heroes (the guys they have to group together to beat).

Doomsday - maybe, but it wouldn't be an "obvious" one. Doomsday changed a lot after his original appearance. So in that, since it was essentially a double-KO, you can't definitely say he was stronger IMO.

Darkseid - that's tricky. I know modern Darkseid much better, but I know the older versions were SUPER powerful (probably cosmic? a legit (new) god maybe) - because I read about a lot of people complaining about how he's become a jobber. (They don't like the animated version either haha). I guess sometimes he's so powerful he 'requires' a team to fight him, but at times he's been shown to be sometimes-beatable by Superman. I'll leave it to other to give a better breakdown of Darkseid.

BUT, I while comic fans definitely know both of these people, based on actual frequency of appearances, I would almost not include them in the group of "regulars" I mentioned (more in that "occasional villains" category).

From what I've seen and read he is the strongest, but there are some people who are close to equal to him in other ways.

#11 Posted by Johnni_Kun (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I thought Billy was equal to Superman in strength.........

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Yes this!

The truth always remains. Glad I'm not the only one who sees this truth.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I thought Billy was equal to Superman in strength.........

Some feel he is. Some say Billy is actually a bit stronger. Still, based on their actual feats, Superman has the edge.

#14 Edited by JediXMan (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

No. There are other characters who are physically stronger. Darkseid is probably physically stronger.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolno

This will be as bad as batman beats everyone, I hope many people will stay relatively sane after june 14th and compare feats objectively.

not say Lolsuperman is the stongest

#16 Posted by turoksonofstone (13680 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is Stronger than current Superman.

current Superman is probably stronger than this "Shazam" character though.

#17 Posted by sinestro_GL (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of DC characters...I wouldn't think so.

How about all the cosmic characters? I wouldn't put Darkseid or Mongul lower than Superman on a strength-o-meter.

Superman himself has said that he's taken on beings more powerful than him.

#18 Edited by Dnavrkaejya18 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

There is one that is more powerful than Superman and even the entire force of Justice League can't stop him. His name is AMAZO

#19 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2202 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BlackWind (8228 posts) - - Show Bio

No. That would be ridiculous. Just because he is Superman doesn't mean he is the most powerful. Superman isn't even the most powerful superhero.

#21 Edited by AmazingWebHead (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

It varies. Is he pre- or post-crisis? How much sunlight has he absorbed?

#22 Posted by Farkam (5780 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he isn't.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion & Shazam are more or less on the same level.

#24 Posted by comicace3 (7938 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm there is a possibility... but out of every DC character.. I don't think so.

#25 Edited by War_Ruin (304 posts) - - Show Bio

For regular basis, Superman is physically the strongest. If you're talking about overall characters, you guys should see New 52 Darkseid destroy planets with his barehands.

#26 Edited by War_Ruin (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: We're talking about PHYSICALLY the strongest on regular basis, not some special overall power.

#27 Posted by SymbioticSpider-Man (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre...?

#28 Edited by War_Ruin (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@symbioticspider-man: Like I said, We're talking about PHYSICALLY the strongest on regular basis, not some special overall power.

#29 Posted by Mrnoital (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn J'onzz might be stronger

#30 Edited by Bluejay4 (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar says hi.

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Spectre...?

The Spectre is more powerful overall. I was referring strictly to physical strength.

#32 Posted by SymbioticSpider-Man (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

@symbioticspider-man said:

@powerherc said:

Spectre...?

The Spectre is more powerful overall. I was referring strictly to physical strength.

Batman with prep...?

#33 Posted by Lamedoctor (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@symbioticspider-man said:

@powerherc said:

Spectre...?

Batman with prep...?

Lol. Maybe with Kryptonian growth hormone and Kryptonian steroids.

#35 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all...

- TAS

#36 Posted by koshi_waza88 (2542 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the Durability King i would not consider him the strongest but he tanks the biggest hits and i wont get into argue what is physical and what is supported by not physical powers like i did on the last is superman the strongest discussion....

#37 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Captain Marvel considering his strength is based on magic.

#38 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion is over Superman.

#39 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask classic Lobo

#40 Posted by ScouterV (3417 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard Mongul is meant to be physically stronger than Superman.

#41 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (3882 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

I've heard Mongul is meant to be physically stronger than Superman.

And yet, their fights don't show that.

#42 Posted by mandman (131 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends. I mean, if you read injustice yep. If you read Johns JL, it's a tossup between him and Wondy. If you read someone else, who knows? I mean, Superman has been made stronger and less responsible, which means he's more violent and less charming. Batman, who used to check him has been massively dumbed down. Wonder Woman has been powered up although this hasn't been utilized outside of her own series.

As far as people have pointed out, Spectre, Darkseid, and other cosmic entities when written well should kick Supes ass. Because the Nu52 has changed him both as a character and his levels, you can't write him off.

#43 Posted by BlackWind (8228 posts) - - Show Bio

@greatcaesarsghost: Back in the day Mongol trolled Superman.

Now he needs Sinestro Corps Rings and all that other BS.

#44 Posted by daxamite (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnni_kun: Shazam is not equals to superman in strength , he defeats superman because he is magical in nature and Shazam has the strength of hercules only and superman is way stronger than hercules, remember supermans weaknesses are, Kryptonite, psionics and Magic. it will hurt him and weaken him but not kill him ( Magic ).

#45 Posted by RetconCrisis (4674 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: And even with 5-10 rings the writers still didn't know how to make him look good on panel.