Is Superman > Action Comics?

PDBL77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PDBL77

I haven't read many DC titles outside of Batman. Which New 52 series is better if I wanted to start reading some Superman?

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ColaNicole

I prefer Superman personally. Morrisons run on Action can be confusing but at the same time exciting. If you're new to superman, I would go for Superman over Action.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tomlikesfries

Morrison's last issue of Action Comics was the sixteenth. I'd recommend you to get issue #17 once it is released. Superman is also good nonetheless (ever since Lobdell replaced the previous writer).

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By reignmaker

The best choice is to read something else and wait for the Man of Steel comic by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee.

Why pay $3-4 for a substandard book merely because it's a popular character? It's bad for the industry.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

Action is better, start with issue one. Superman is good, but it doesn't reach that same level of quality that Morrison is pumping out. If you want to start reading Superman, though, start with the annual, the zero issue, and then issue thirteen to get yourself caught up with that.

PDBL77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PDBL77

I wouldn't pick up anything just because its a popular character. I don't read Wolverine, or many Marvel or DC titles, for that matter. Most of my favorites lately have been put out by Image, who are doing great things. After revisiting Batman after not reading any since the Frank Miller days, Ive realized there are some good things going on at DC. My next character to explore would be Superman, I thought. If there isn't a good Superman ongoing out there, I will wait for the Snyder book, which I had not heard of yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@The_Tree said:

Action is better, start with issue one. Superman is good, but it doesn't reach that same level of quality that Morrison is pumping out. If you want to start reading Superman, though, start with the annual, the zero issue, and then issue thirteen to get yourself caught up with that.

this

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By fury714

Action really starts with the early days of supes, better art IMO. Although it will get confusing once it starts with the alternate supermans. If you want to explore him and more of his past adventures, go with Action comics. Action> Superman for me. Although Man of Steel is something to look out for. :)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

Smallville Season 11 > Action > Superman