Is SSJ1 Goku/Vegeta close to herald level?

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Note that my definition of herald level is seen in this thread: http://www.comicvine.com/marvel/4010-31/forums/marvel-power-rankings-627240/

Basically, at least planetary level in power. I've not watched DBZ for more than 10 years, so my memory is kind of sketchy, but tell me, isn't Goku already capable of busting a planet before he goes SSJ in the first place?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yes. But He is not heral level.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"but tell me, isn't Goku already capable of busting a planet before he goes SSJ in the first place?"

As of Battle of the Gods definitely.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrees

goku and vegeta have herald level outputs but don't possess their overall versatility in combat.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

As far as energy projection, yes. Every other stat, no. All transformations.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By micah007123

BUMP

To fully answer your question, no Goku and Vegeta are not herald level yet. The only confirmed without a doubt herald level character in DBZ is Beerus (not counting Whis just yet even though 9/10 he probably is herald+), and both Goku and Vegeta really didn't stand much of a chance against him in combat. Goku after pushing past his limits yet again was able to put up quite a fight and offer up resistance but ultimately he was fighting a loosing battle, and once the fight was over Beerus was relatively un-injured after tanking basically a bloodlusted Goku's best attacks and Vegeta didn't do much better. Most importantly, Akira himself broke it down like this: Goku as a Super Saiyan God would be a 6, Beerus would be a 10, and Whis would be a 15. 6 and 10 are quite a gap in terms of power, so again as it stands Goku and Vegeta aren't Herald level yet.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By micah007123

BUMP

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marvete_e_DCnauta

They were planet busters,so yeah,i guess.Thing is,DBZ power levels are weird,Buu was at least a galaxy buster yet he was defeated by Goku.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that SSJ Goku after the Frieza saga had FTL combat speed, massively hypersonic travel speed and teleportation.

His destructive capabilities were far beyond casual planet busters like first form Frieza, and his durability was good enough to tank attacks from those characters which are slightly less powerful than he is.

His fighting skills were on pair with characters like batman and he also had additional powers like telepathy, awareness of his surroundings etc.

I would expect him to do just fine against weaker herald level characters.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By micah007123

@micah said:

"but tell me, isn't Goku already capable of busting a planet before he goes SSJ in the first place?"

Goku was a borderline planet-buster as early as the Saiyan saga.

I know, I was just stating as of now, no questions can be asked as to whether he's not especially in his base form.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So superman herald level yet he posses around the same versistillities as goku even less so but goku isn't hmm double standards at its finest

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gracetrack

@micah said:

@omnicrono said:

@micah said:

I know, I was just stating as of now, no questions can be asked as to whether he's not especially in his base form.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree. I'd find it pretty silly if anyone still actually questioned that.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By micah007123

@micah said:

@omnicrono said:

@micah said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree. I'd find it pretty silly if anyone still actually questioned that.

You'd be surprised what people still question in regards to DBZ in an effort to undercut their warriors. We still have people who think Goku can't bust a planet >_>.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, Vegeta and like almost every other Dbz character is capable of easily taking out without much effort.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrees

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

So superman herald level yet he posses around the same versistillities as goku even less so but goku isn't hmm double standards at its finest

goku can't legitimately fight in space, use an IMP, freeze or lobotomize people. he has no shown feats surviving anything to a nova much less dip into a star or come out of a black hole through sheer force.

superman is herald level with half the versatility of a herald in combat.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: This. You need more than just energy projection to be a Herald. Much more.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I'd say he could fight in space. And since when were guys like Thor and Superman considered herald level? I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that a bloodlusted Silver Surfer would turn both of those guys into chocolate pudding.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Bills seems like a transcendent level character.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By micah007123

@bluejay4 said:

@micah: Bills seems like a transcendent level character.

He could be. In terms of power he's easily herald level IMO. We saw him easily smashing whole mountains apart with his strength, flicking his finger to annihilate a planet with an energy blast, remaining un-injured after tanking Goku and Vegeta's best attacks (Including a moon sized Kamehameha) and was completely fine after a brutal battle against Goku, and busting 7 planets back to back within a second with pure striking force/strength. I hope the new movie shows off more of what he can do.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4 said:

@kyrees: I'd say he could fight in space. And since when were guys like Thor and Superman considered herald level? I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that a bloodlusted Silver Surfer would turn both of those guys into chocolate pudding.

he could fight only fight in space after BOG and even that is spotty enough in certain aspects like how they haven't actually fought outside earth or like how we know goku can hold his breath for a long tim.

herald level just means beyond planetary levels but not on a galactic scale. thor and superman are ,on the average, within that level but since heralds have more versatile powers, it would be safe to say that these two guys don't meet the full standards.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: So they wouldn't just be considered high tier?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4: i don't use the title "high tier" within my powerscales. i'd rather attributed it to more known people, in this case, the heralds of galactus.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarthVxder

In energy projection they are low-med herald level but in anything else the are high-med tier. They get bloody in a fist fight when all theyre doing is busting mountains at most with there recoil. They have no showings for strength, durability outside EP or speed to put them close to herald level. Sure you could power scale them but that would be all speculation since it never happened and could be done for any character in any series for that matter to put them at where you want them to be.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@bluejay4 said:

he could fight only fight in space after BOG and even that is spotty enough in certain aspects like how they haven't actually fought outside earth or like how we know goku can hold his breath for a long tim.

herald level just means beyond planetary levels but not on a galactic scale. thor and superman are ,on the average, within that level but since heralds have more versatile powers, it would be safe to say that these two guys don't meet the full standards.

From the sound of it, it sounds more like Herald level is energy projection, interplanetary travel, and matter manipulation. Huh...Firestorm is Herald-Level then.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power wise, yes.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell does herald level even mean?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

With there Ki Yes. Every aspect no. Not until they get there next Bull Sh*t power up.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@those_eyes: strong enough to fight the average herald of galactus. Above life wipers to star level (+)

EpicRaptorMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers