Is Sasuke's design to be Naruto's Kryptonite?

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Even though he says in lost in the closing chapters it seems as though Kishimoto had Sasuke be Naruto's Kryptonite at various points in the story even up until the closing chapters.

1. Here Sasuke invades Naruto's mind and seperates Naruto's connection to Kurama when he was willing to be influenced by him

2. Now Bee did get back up afterwards and destroy Sasuke's chest but this did stun him a perfect jinchuriki for a brief moment

3. He has subjugated 9 targets at once with a glance similar to IT without any noticeable effort whereas Naruto only had 2 targets to be subjugated within his conscious him and Kurama at the time.

Kishimoto had not written Sasuke to use his illusory prowess in the fight, he moreso gave him a Vegeta complex where you try to overpower your opponent with force to win out of arrogance, so the question is would this have been EoS Naruto's kryptonite or would they have changed nothing?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Sasuke and Naruto were meant to be near equals, but opposite of one another. This is especially apparent with their chakra natures, as Naruto has wind to counter Sasuke's lightning, but Sasuke also has fire to counter Naruto's wind. Then while Sasuke is able to suppress a bijuu's power inside a jinchuriki, being a jinchuriki makes Naruto near immune to genjutsu because the Kyuubi can just snap him out of it, rendering a large part of Sasuke's power set useless as well.

They each have attributes that can invalidate one another's powers, making any fight between them more dependent on skill and sheer determination than their abilities.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I'll just say this and go. Sasuke is weaker than Naruto at this point. That is all, as you admit, Sasuke said he lost. I do agree though that at certain points in the show/manga Sasuke has been an Achilles heel of Naruto. Sharingan is one of the greatest powers in the Naruto universe. None-the-less it isn't unbeatable. When both Madara and Hashirama were edo, Hashirama beat Madara who had his woodstyle, Rinnegan, and and MS. A somewhat similar situation is around for Naruto.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Good points, and I agree

And their last fight clearly ended in a draw. I can't see how anyone can say that one or the other had lost. They are pretty much equal by the end.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Their fight would have been better if they both had full chakra, tbh.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Sasuke and Naruto were meant to be near equals, but opposite of one another. This is especially apparent with their chakra natures, as Naruto has wind to counter Sasuke's lightning, but Sasuke also has fire to counter Naruto's wind. Then while Sasuke is able to suppress a bijuu's power inside a jinchuriki, being a jinchuriki makes Naruto near immune to genjutsu because the Kyuubi can just snap him out of it, rendering a large part of Sasuke's power set useless as well.

They each have attributes that can invalidate one another's powers, making any fight between them more dependent on skill and sheer determination than their abilities.

Thank You for being one of the first on here to not say Sasuke said "He Lost" therefore all other arguements are invalid and in your post I can't say that there is a single thing I disagree with.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto is still a thing?

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for attackonshahbaz
AttackOnShahbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: Yes. And it's a good "thing".

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: It's not over...3rd gen manga out in April.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're meant to be each other's kryptonite, really.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is design to be Narutoverse version of Vegeta.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

They are yin and yang imo.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They are yin and yang imo.

That and the natural rivalry of their clans since the founding of Hidden Leaf nation.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is design to be Narutoverse version of Vegeta.

I agree however Kishimoto did not write the power gap as clear as Toriyama did countless times,which disappointed me because he was my favorite, Vegeta admitted to being weaker than Goku and Goku stated this as well not to mention the countless times Goku displayed more power while Vegeta was noticeably behind at times though with all these new DBZ movies it could shift as it did once in a while in the series. The Naruto and Sasuke rivalry wasn't as clear at least from my point of view.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@uchiha454: Agreed, that's what I like about them. At the beginning of pt. 1, Sasuke was obviously stronger. Then, as time went on, Naruto caught up to him, and surpassed him, by beating Gaara (something Sasuke couldn't do).

In pt 2, Sasuke again, was stronger, he was about to kill Naruto when they first met. Then, Naruto learned Sage Mode, and Bijuu mode, but, Sasuke gained EMS. At the end, they were pretty much equals.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump