Is RT being fair with Avengers:AOU

• 53 results
godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Is RT being fair with Avengers:AOU (56 votes)

Yes 73%
No 27%

As of right now A:AOU has 79% and the average rating is 7.2 on Rotten Tomatoes.

IMO this is exactly what my rating would be for this movie a slolid 7.5/10

• 
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

INB4 "Has a better score than Man of Steel" comments

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dafuq's the Average rating? With that question out of the way, film is subjective and people are free to hate or like a film. I'll see the movie for myself when I can, but from reading the reviews I can already tell what Whedon (possibly at the demand of Disney) did wrong.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard said:

Dafuq's the Average rating? With that question out of the way, film is subjective and people are free to hate or like a film. I'll see the movie for myself when I can, but from reading the reviews I can already tell what Whedon (possibly at the demand of Disney) did wrong.

The average rating is a better indicator of quality than the percentage. One film may have a higher % than another film but if that film with a lower % has a higher avg rating, it is of a higher quality.

Some generic summer action films may score high % but the avg rating may not be high, as that film is judged on the expectation of a typical summer action film. If that film has a high avg rating, then it is considered very good in quality.

https://flixster.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/62680-what-is-the-average-rating-how-is-it-calculated-

The Average Rating is an average of the individual critic scores, based on a 1-10 scale. Each critic's original rating scale (star, letter grade, numeric) is converted to a number between 1 and 10, and then the numbers are averaged. Reviews without original ratings are not counted, and a minimum of five reviews with original ratings is required.

The Average Rating measures the overall quality of a product based on an average of individual critic scores. The Tomatometer simply measures the percentage of critics who recommend a certain product.

For example, while Men in Black scored 91% on the Tomatometer, the average rating is only 7.5/10. That means that while you're likely to enjoy MIB, it wasn't a contender for Best Picture at the Oscars. In contrast, Toy Story received a perfect 100% on the Tomatometer with an average rating of 9/10. That means that you are not only certain to enjoy it, you'll also be impressed with the direction, story, cinematography, and all the other things that make truly great films great.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sinikettu

I haven't had the chance to see the film yet but I think it's fairly accurate to assume the film's final rates to be anything between 75%-85% and 7.5-8.5 scores based on quality of Marvel's three previous films.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Personally I would rate it lower

TheGrandSage23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGrandSage23

First off

1) the movie did have flaws story wise as it was supposed to set the tone for Civil War. Stark was supposed to in conflict with the other members of the team. Not his own arc were he fails then seek to redeem himself and all is forgiven. That gives the Russo Brothers more work to deal with

2) I don't listen to critics but more of the fans which have been mostly positive so I saw it myself and I liked it. Story wise it had problems but the characters and Ultron(even though his end plan was weak towards the end)

Plus isn't a 79% and a 7.2/10 rating actually good and considered "Fresh"? Plus it's only been like what 76 votes? The majority of the reviews have been positive from both critics and fans. And it's financially succeeding. Are marvel fans that concerned? Or is this some DC vs Marvel rival war to see who has the better movies

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Saw a Clip. it was cool till Cap over one lined it horrible. Just from the Clips I can tell the dialogue will be a issue. Other than That. The Action is amazing. Story is Decent. I also hear character development could of been better with more than Just Hawkeye. Put all that together and the score makes sense. Course all of what I said is subjective.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By daredevil21134
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: One is basic like/dislike score he other is more precise. Got it

Personally I would rate it lower

What did you think of the first one?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think it deserves an 82-84%.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie sucked ass . 1'st Avengers movie was better

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frozen  Moderator

First Avengers movie is very mediocre upon repeat viewings. AOU was better.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Yes. At best, the movie is a 7.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. At best, the movie is a 7.

PIRATE! .____. How did you see it?

@saint_wildcard: First one was great, I love it.

@frozen said:

First Avengers movie is very mediocre upon repeat viewings. AOU was better.

Such differing opinions, heh. I side with Frozen on this one *shudders*, I though the First one was pretty average at best and the only thing that makes it cool is seeing the Avengers on screen for the first time. An admiration to all the hardwork put into it. But I have not seen it and have really low expectations. I like some of the things Whedon said he was going to do, but trailers and people saying that he didn't it make it work along side the fact that it seems like it's a repeat of the first one have me doubting. Personally I thought my low expectations were going to be good cus maybe I'd like this one better. Only time will tell

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I didn't have great expectations for the new Avengers either - but it was good. Definitely more fleshed out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle

Why do people care or use internet website ratings as validation for their opinion on a movie?? It's funny to imagine if people used website ratings for all their arguments.

At any rate, it's a movie based on comic characters doing comic book stuff, it's not a story adapted from the works of William Faulkner......what the f*ck were people expecting??

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator
_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it derserves a solid 7 based off clips I've seen.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, it was just at 95% a few days ago lol

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people care or use internet website ratings as validation for their opinion on a movie?? It's funny to imagine if people used website ratings for all their arguments.

At any rate, it's a movie based on comic characters doing comic book stuff, it's not a story adapted from the works of William Faulkner......what the f*ck were people expecting??

this ^

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a solid CBM and a worthy sequel to the first film, who cares what critics think, listen to fans for a more accurate review (not DC fans though, they are unnecessarily harsh at the best of times when it comes to the MCU )

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Are they being fair? Who the hell decides that? Plus it's not really RT, it's just all the critics.

@skyfire said:

It was a solid CBM and a worthy sequel to the first film, who cares what critics think, listen to fans for a more accurate review (not DC fans though, they are unnecessarily harsh at the best of times when it comes to the MCU )

Thanks a lot for the hasty generalization.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I cared about how good the theatrical release was going to be, until Whedon said the extended version (with an alternate ending) was releasing on Blu-Ray and DVD. So even if the one in theaters sucks it is not the real movie, and I know that the extended cut won't suck.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Black_Arrow

7.5 would be my score Most amazing action I have seen in the MCU, Good laughs but everything else was not really great.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think is better that the past Avengers.

But i think is getting more criticism thanks to the fact the past one got so over praised.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure, everybody has their own opinion personally I loved it. Has it's problems but overall really enjoyed it.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7.5 would be my score Most amazing action a have seen MCU, Good laughs but everything else was not really great.

pretty much what I thought of it

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By godzilla44

now it has 72% it is dropping pretty low

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don´t trust critic reviews, Interstellar has 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, yet it is an incredible movie. What you should do, is listen to reviews made by regular moviegoers, go to IMDB, and most of the user reviews there say Age of Ultron was great.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don´t trust critic reviews, Interstellar has 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, yet it is an incredible movie. What you should do, is listen to reviews made by regular moviegoers, go to IMDB, and most of the user reviews there say Age of Ultron was great.

I usually go with youtube reviewers that have similar taste like me like Chris Stuckman is my favorite. He gave it a B+ which is a fair rating in my opinion

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@godzilla44: Yeah, I go to YouTube too.

Critics can be too harsh, average movie-goers can be too fanboyish and love it just cause it's Marvel.

Jeremy Jahns is my go to reviewer.

texplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By texplorer

Metacritic>imdb>rottentomatoes. Indiana jones kingdom of the crystal skull is 78%!!!! There inconsistencies are becoming consistent

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

different people different tastes

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The movie doesnt capture the magic of the first film. 7 is at its best IMO.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: Yeah, I go to YouTube too.

Critics can be too harsh, average movie-goers can be too fanboyish and love it just cause it's Marvel.

Jeremy Jahns is my go to reviewer.

I like Jahns too I also watch AMC movie news

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator
Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gjgp27

Marvel fanboys legitimately piss me off.

You sit here and defend this mediocrity with that lame ass "it's a comic book movie, it won't be well received by critics" excuse. Um....just last year, Days of Futures Past singlehanded redeemed critical faith in the X-Men movie franchise, and basically squashed any hopes of Marvel getting the rights back anytime soon.

Hell, even the overrated Winter Soldier and the VASTLY overrated Comedians of the Galaxy were well received, so for you to be pulling out this excuse now just shows levels of desperation. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally loved it.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@gjgp27 said:

You sit here and defend this mediocrity with that lame ass "it's a comic book movie, it won't be well received by critics" excuse. Um....just last year, Days of Futures Past singlehanded redeemed critical faith in the X-Men movie franchise, and basically squashed any hopes of Marvel getting the rights back anytime soon.

Couldn't agree with this more. Not to mention the fact that all 11 MCU films have fresh scores, and 8 of them are certified fresh (AoU hasn't gone final yet.)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it's fair. Film is subjective.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mickey-mouse

@gjgp27 said:

Marvel fanboys legitimately piss me off.

Hell, even the overrated Winter Soldier and the VASTLY overrated Comedians of the Galaxy were well received, so for you to be pulling out this excuse now just shows levels of desperation. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

I loved MOS, gave it a A-. Rotten Tomatoes 56%, which is an F. I really don't agree with critics all the time. As with many people don't. So......

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally, my philosophy is that whatever rating the movie got on websites doesn't matter. As long as I enjoyed watching it, it was good movie.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By MakkyD

@ultrastarkiller said:

I cared about how good the theatrical release was going to be, until Whedon said the extended version (with an alternate ending) was releasing on Blu-Ray and DVD. So even if the one in theaters sucks it is not the real movie, and I know that the extended cut won't suck.

One of the most cut scenes was the vision pool one (It even had cut material from it in a trailer), which people found to be one of the most confusing and flawed scenes in the film. So your prediction is probably right.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

You shouldn't give a crap what professional film critics think, they're nothing more than hilariously self-important people with hilariously unimportant jobs.

If you like it, what else matters?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the movie as an 8/10....which is pretty close to the 79% mark on RT....so it is fairly accurate IMO. It definitely got better upon my 2nd viewing when my expectations for it were gone.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I think it is a pretty fair rating really.