Is New52 Cheetah the truth?

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So she can pierce supermans flesh with her teeth.
She can catch the flash while he is moving.
She can seemingly breath well underwater.
She can take hits from wonder woman.

Since when was this all possible or was she always like this?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

IDK if she was like that Pre 52, but that happened early on in the New 52, and since it's a reboot they can do whatever they want with her.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you're judging against the DCAU justice-league one - yea, she is a lot more powerful. They dumbed her down a lot in that series.

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Colonialkrypton
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It's the powerlevel she needs to be on to be a proper threat to Diana. I am more worried about her personality and backstory, which I think leaves alot be to be desired.

If you're judging against the DCAU justice-league one - yea, she is a lot more powerful. They dumbed her down a lot in that series.

Considering she was clocked out by Batman using nothing but his hands on at-least two occasions and that she was highly inconsistent regarding how powerfuls she was, it's not like they pulled it out of thin air.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ostyo

I like her powerful like this, Diana needs a rival who can ya know...actually rival her.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: (by batman) in the comics? When was that? (legitimately asking. Only seen her in N52 & pre-52 WW - & don't remember much specifics of either)

On the cartoon she was a street-leveler at best, far from someone who can stand up to WW.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Outside_85

@lightsout: Once in the Catwoman comic where he sucker punched her while she was heading up some stairs and in the mass-brawl near the end of the Who is Wonder Woman story where we get the old; turn around and find Batman already having her in a chokehold.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lightsout
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: By fans it's considered as such, my point was simply that the cartoon didn't pull street-level Cheetah out of thin air. That said the cartoon was free to make it's own canon and it's Cheetah was never stated to have anything to do with Diana outside of League action.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Eh, it's still such a (logical) leap (I mean, if there was a PIS scene where Batman was able to snatch Flash as he ran by him, would that make any sense for a cartoon (even if it's made by someone other than the comic-writers) to have Batman regularly perform such feat?).

Do you mean she only was connected to WW in JL comics? (If so, that's false (for pre-52). All characters known by that moniker originated on the pages of a Wonder Woman comic & Barbara Minerva was requently in WW's solo title).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Well the cartoon played heavily into the JLA comic's interpretation of Batman validating his JL membership by being 'the batgod', where he had all sorts of things bent to his advantage. If there had a been a consistent Wally-tagging, I would imagine a writer would be putting it down with some explanation of Wally being predictable in his movements, similar to how Deathstroke hit him in Infinite Crisis.

No I mean the cartoon, Cheetah only appeared in the Injustice and the 'turned into kids' episodes (maybe Fury, but I am not sure) and never mentioned having anything particular against Diana, unlike Circe.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lightsout

No I mean the cartoon, Cheetah only appeared in the Injustice and the 'turned into kids' episodes (maybe Fury, but I am not sure) and never mentioned having anything particular against Diana, unlike Circe.

Ah, yea. Perhaps they thought young viewers (who weren't familiar with the comics) wouldn't get why an "animal-woman" was connected to a Greek inspired heroine.