Is New 52 Wonder Woman better than Pre-New-52?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Is New 52 Wonder Woman better than Pre-New-52? (34 votes)

In my opinion, yes. 82%
In my opinion, no. 18%

I'm asking because I'm debating whether or not to get into the New 52 Wonder Woman series. I do hear people saying good things about it, but how good is it when compared to the Pre-New-52 Wonder Woman? Because this is kind-of a thing with me when it comes to DC comics, where I can end up not liking the character because they feel like a worse version of their Pre-New-52 counterpart and I get angry that I wouldn't get to read about them anymore (this is how it is for me with Hal Jordan and Superman).

So, while I'd still form my own opinion on the comics when/if I read them, I'd like to hear the opinions of others who are Wonder Woman fans, especially those who read Wonder Woman before and after the reboot. But a good comic is still a good comic, so those who have only read New-52 are free to vote and comment.

• 
Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opinions anyone?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pre new 52 is known as Post Crisis.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

Her origin is definitely better and easier to understand. I hope they go with it for the movies

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Her origin is definitely better and easier to understand. I hope they go with it for the movies

Yeah, her sidekick's origin, amazons raping men and selling their male children into slavery will make a great movie origin.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's pretty amazing actually! I mean her origin, her duty as a Superhero and everything. Well written. :)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Yeah, her sidekick's origin, amazons raping men and selling their male children into slavery will make a great movie origin.

I'm talking more about her being the daughter of Zeuz, but yeah, I agree with all of that

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard said:

Also they don't rape the men, the men are very compliant.... they do however throw them in the sea and leave them for dead

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Night4345
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I like her a lot. The series I have ups and downs with. Its a great story no doubt, but honestly Zola and Zeke are just annoying. I'm sick of them.

BUT SHE NEEDS MORE BATTLE BOARDS FEATS MAN!!! ITS THE ONLY THING THAT IS IMPORTANT.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm,the character I feel is still there. Sometimes I feel she can be a bit more complacent at times, the biggest difference I feel other than her origin is the Greek family is pretty much completely re-done. They all have unique designs and the relationship dynamics between them can be entertaining and interesting. There is quite a large focus on them which some don't like. Honestly I think you should try it, you would know if you will like it from reading first 3-4 issues for sure. Coming from a fan of post crisis and new 52.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well I would have to say yes considered Azz's run has been my favorite Wonder Woman run of all time (even though it's not even over yet)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aros001

Thank everyone for responding. I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*looks at the results* *drinks bleach*

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she is to be honest. I like the new origin and the new look, but some of the supporting cast i don't like i love the new cheetah, but don't like the new ares. Zola sigh and aleka yea just hurry and bring artemis in plz, shame she hasn't met wonder girl yet though. They need to make her meet her niece soon.