#1 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, I have been a comic fan for quite some time now and have always liked batman and have read many of his comics/graphic novels.

I have been reading many New 52 titles including Scott Snyder Batman, but I passed on Detective Comics as it is based early in Batman's career and I felt I might get that "been there read that feeling"

But since the beginning of the re-launch I have kinda been regretting getting Detective Comics, so my question to batman fans out there is it worth reading?

New read prospective would also be appreciated.

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not as good as Batman.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

It started off pretty good. It's alright now. I think it'll be good again.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (24368 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda mediocre..but I'm reading it because it's a flagship DC title..heck it's what D.C stands for...that and I hope it gets better.

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty awful right now.

#6 Posted by Th3DarkKn1ght24 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the same thing actually and I have also decided to pass on it, so we're in the same boat except I'm fairly new to comics but have read quite a few trades from the library.

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Definitely not as good as Batman.

or Batman and Robin. Still it's okay

#8 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95: The first arc was pretty good, but it lost my interest right after it ended. I recomend would actually recommend issues 1-4. If it makes you feel any better, Detective comics doesnt actually take place early in Batman's career, its right around present day. If you have been reading Scott Snyders Batman ongoing though, maybe the best thing you could do is try out issue #9 of Detective Comics since its a tie in to Night of the Owls, and see if you like it.

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

It is pretty damn appalling.

The first arc was alright, but was far too short. It has been a train wreck since.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't take place in Batman's early career. It starts in the present day. Only Action Comics features an early career.

I picked up D.C. with issue #1 and dropped it after issue #3. Just wasn't feeling it.

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7456 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very meh, which pretty much sums up what you get when Tony Daniel writes.

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I only grab it because its sold for $1 from a comic dealer nearby...and even for that price i question whether or not to continue picking it up.

#13 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

It's pretty awful right now.

Why? what do you feel is "awful" about it? Script? Art? I've read and seen a whole lot worse - take a look at AvX #1 for example - and I'm quite enjoying Detective at the moment

#14 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you all for your help :D