Is MONGUL anywhere near DARKSEID's power lvl?

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I don't really know the Mongul character ( all my knowlegde of him comes from "Justice League Unlimited" ) but there were a couple of people who told me he is really powerfull. As i know Darkseid is a mega powerfull character i was wandering can Mongul completely with him or isn't he the same league...

So?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

no, they are not on the same league

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

On raw strength I'd say that they are relatively well matched. But Darkseid's other powers make him so much more powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both stomped superman but Darkseid is way more powerful overall, he's also more versatile.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Mongol needs a good story. Not that crap from B/S....which was an apt name for that arc

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman>>>Darkseid>>>Mongul>>>Superman (depending on the writer)

Jmarshmallow

DedrabbiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DedrabbiT

He is like a small step below darkseid and thanos. Definitely a threat but not quite there. He has the black mercy and war world after all.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superguy1591

No, since the PC era, he's been under Superman and Darkseid. Pre-Crisis was probably on par with Darkseid though.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Aha, thx for the info

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Darkseid is a multiversal threat, there shouldn't be many near him if written correctly.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jmarshmallow

Incorrect. Superman is not above Darkseid written correctly.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is stronger. His power level is somewhere over 9000.

Beats

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sr-possibly(I'm not exactly an expert Senior)

Jr-no

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZhuRong

Mongul should be a Wonder Woman villain

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zhurong: Isn’t mongul stronger than Wonder Woman by far?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul is Darkseid-lite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: mongul would kill wonder woman

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Maybe you want to read my post over again?

I never said written correctly.

I just said that Superman has been portrayed as superior to Darkseid by certain writers, in all different forms of media. Multiple times actually.

Which one is "correct" or incorrect wasn't my statement.

Jmarshmallow

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

I just said that Superman has been portrayed as superior to Darkseid by certain writers, in all different forms of media. Multiple times actually.

Jmarshmallow

Then what were you bringing up? If you weren't talking about correctly written characters, then your post is meaningless. Someone can then modify your scale to

Batman>>>> Spectre>>>Darkseid>>> Superman

Since, you know, Batman kicked Spectre in the face. It's really only one piece of media where that is true, and that's Bruce Timm's animated series.

Outside of what? Two Stories? Darkseid has always taken a crap on Superman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The only thing Mongul really has is his 'superior strength to Superman', Darkseid has quite a few other tricks up his sleeve even if he cant beat Mongul in a weight lifting competition.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Only Pre Crisis Mongul could be said to be at least equal to Darkseid in might. After that era, Mongul just doesn't compare to Darkseid at all. Pre New 52 Darkseid is way more versatile and New 52 Darkseid is way more powerful.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Then what were you bringing up? If you weren't talking about correctly written characters, then your post is meaningless. Someone can then modify your scale to

Batman>>>> Spectre>>>Darkseid>>> Superman

Since, you know, Batman kicked Spectre in the face. It's really only one piece of media where that is true, and that's Bruce Timm's animated series.

Outside of what? Two Stories? Darkseid has always taken a crap on Superman.

What I was "bringing up" was the answer to the OP's question. He asked if Mongul is anywhere near Darkseid, and I gave him an answer.

I put in Superman so that he could have a sort of reference point.

And then for whatever reason, you felt the need to come in and point out that Superman being superior to Darkseid isn't "correct" writing, even though I never once claimed it was.

The point here is that Superman HAS been depicted as Darkseid's superior, regardless of if it's been in two stories or every single one.

Whether you like that or not isn't my concern.

And I don't even think I should respond to the whole Batman remark, as we both know how obviously incorrect that statement is altogether.

Batman kicking Spectre in the face doesn't make him > Spectre. He would have to actually beat Spectre for that to be true.

However, Superman BEATING Darkseid does make him > Darkseid. And on more than one occasion, that has been the case.

Jmarshmallow

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I was "bringing up" was the answer to the OP's question. He asked if Mongul is anywhere near Darkseid, and I gave him an answer.

I put in Superman so that he could have a sort of reference point.

And then for whatever reason, you felt the need to come in and point out that Superman being superior to Darkseid isn't "correct" writing, even though I never once claimed it was.

The point here is that Superman HAS been depicted as Darkseid's superior, regardless of if it's been in two stories or every single one.

Whether you like that or not isn't my concern.

And I don't even think I should respond to the whole Batman remark, as we both know how obviously incorrect that statement is altogether.

Batman kicking Spectre in the face doesn't make him > Spectre. He would have to actually beat Spectre for that to be true.

However, Superman BEATING Darkseid does make him > Darkseid. And on more than one occasion, that has been the case.

Jmarshmallow

Seems to me you have not read anything concerning Darkseid outside of his own series, be it New Gods or Orion, Forever People.

You claim it is correct writing indirectly, as soon as you bring it up and believe there is substance to it. But if you want to play the technicality game, I never said I disliked what you think. Where did you read that? Where is the prase, "I don't like that", in my post? Point it out to me. When Darkseid Trashes his son on a regular basis like the red headed stepchild he is, continuosly, in a story that is centered around the two, that's corrrect writing. When he makes an appearance in a Superman comic and gets trounced by Superman (Who has never once beat Orion). I only came in to correct your statement because those feats make about as much sense as batman kicking Spectre, hence, their mention. MUCH alike your bringing in Superman to compare.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis

Current Darkseid can casually blow up planets and hold boom tubes open with his hands,he's being build up to being universal level potentially,Mongul cant compete with that, he ran back in to the Phantom Zone when he saw Brainiac.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I remember Superman had to prevent her from killing him @rikr2: Not in Post-Crisis by much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

Alright then.

Seems to me you have not read anything concerning Darkseid outside of his own series, be it New Gods or Orion, Forever People.

What would make you think that? I mean honestly.

You're not getting it here. Let me be as clear as I can.

SUPERMAN. HAS. SHOWN. TO. BE. SUPERIOR. TO. DARKSEID.

That's it. That's the only point that matters here.

If you disagree with that point, then you're being purposefully ignorant, as we both know it's been shown on multiple occasions.

If you agree with that point, then I'm not sure why you're arguing with me in the first place. Perhaps it upsets you because you prefer Darkseid as a character. Or maybe at this point you're just trying to dig yourself out of the hole you created in the first place.

Either way, I fail to see the point of this.

You claim it is correct writing indirectly,

Um, no, I don't. I just claim it happened. Which it did. Duh.

as soon as you bring it up and believe there is substance to it.

There is substance to it, but there's also substance to the instances where Darkseid was shown to be Superman's superior.

The only thing I brought up was the facts, which for some reason you seemed to take exception to.

I never once claimed which one was "correct" or incorrect writing.

But if you want to play the technicality game, I never said I disliked what you think.

THEN WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RESPOND TO MY ORIGINAL COMMENT?!?!?!

It wasn't directed at you, it had nothing to do with you, and on top of all of it, it was a TRUE STATEMENT.

So with that being the case, the ONLY other possible reason you would have to reply to my completely unbiased comment would be to express your discontent with it.

Where did you read that? Where is the prase, "I don't like that", in my post? Point it out to me.

Don't be purposefully ignorant, please. I mean goodness, you started all of this, the least you could do is own up to it.

When Darkseid Trashes his son on a regular basis like the red headed stepchild he is, continuosly, in a story that is centered around the two, that's corrrect writing.

I mean, sure. Why not.

When he makes an appearance in a Superman comic and gets trounced by Superman (Who has never once beat Orion).

Yes, okay, I don't disagree.

I only came in to correct your statement because those feats make about as much sense as batman kicking Spectre, hence, their mention. MUCH alike your bringing in Superman to compare.

Except that you didn't come in and say "Jmarshmallow, I'd like to point out and say that I personally don't consider Superman being Darkseid's superior correct writing. Even though it's been shown on multiple occasions, it makes much more sense to me when Darkseid is superior, especially after comparing the other feats the both of them have."

Had you said that,we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. I would have just been like, "Cool, fine with me!" and that would have been the end of it.

But instead, you tried to say that my statement was "Incorrect," which isn't true, because my statement WAS correct. Superman HAS been shown to be Darkseid's superior. And THAT was the only actual statement I made.

I don't have any opinion on which one is correct writing or not. The only reason we're having this argument is because you tried to come in and say that I was wrongfor bringing up legitimate feats.

If you have beef with them, take it up with the writers, not with me.

Jmarshmallow

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZhuRong

@jayc1324: Pre new 52, Mongul was pretty much a jobber after Pre-Crisis.