Is Marvel's Ares immune to Hellfire?

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So when partaking in a vs battle on another forum one poster is trying to make an argument that Ares,yes Marvel's version,is immune to hellfire because Thor and Hercules are..especially with Herc being his half brother or something like that. However I am not convinced because Ares has fallen to things like being mind controlled by Ultron,being turned to stone by Morgan La Fey,and many other characters who don't possess abilities as fierce as Ghost Rider or whoever's hellfire. I'm also not convinced that Ares possesses such immunities because Hercules and Thor are both more heroic gods whereas Ares is not..They're more "pure" if you will.

My strongest reason for disbelief however would be the fact that Ares is probably one of the most inconsistent gods in Marvel. Half the time he's doing something impressive while the other half he's succumbing to things that makes him look like a joke..For ex I heard how Captain America beat him once by shooting him in the face with his gun heh. So there my question lies..is Ares immune? Thoughts?

No Caption Provided

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellfire shouldn't affect him, but until it's concretely proven in a comic, then there's no straight answer. But it would make no sense if Herc was immune and Ares wasn't.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

I would think Ares is immune to Hellfire.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hellfire shouldn't affect him, but until it's concretely proven in a comic, then there's no straight answer. But it would make no sense if Herc was immune and Ares wasn't.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MakkyD

Herc and him are both the same species/being so they should have the same immunities unless they have an artifact to grant them extra ones.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting..however I'd say that Herc and Thor are more resistant because they're more "good" their Ares is. Then again Thor's immune to a lot of things that other gods aren't

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

I guess so.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think Ares is immune to Hellfire.