Is Marvel ripping us off?

adewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By adewolf

I realize that in the pre-direct market era, buying a team book was the way to get the most "bang for your buck."

The Marvel universe reboot is obviously a response to the DC New 52 success in 2011, but was it really needed? I am enjoying the X-men by Bendis, AAron's Thor and Hickman's Avengers, but there are two books that were not rebooted that overshadow everything in the Marvel universe to date: Waid's Daredevil and Fraction's Hawkeye.

Looking through my collection I now realized that I have 3 seperate volumes of the New Avengers. Ridiculous!!! This effort to make collectors start over after AvX was hardly worth the effort of ordering them. The only thing I can think of that makes sense from a collector/fan's point of view are the cool variant covers done by various artists. Especially Quesada's much coveted FF, and Surperior Speider-man covers.

Looking back, we will realize that this ws not the best time for the history of Marvel's marketing campaign.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

waids daredevil is amazing thats why it hasnt been rebooted so i dont thinks so

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#2  Edited By flazam

agreed it is epic

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@arkhamc1tizen said:

I don't think the quality of the book was why it wasn't rebooted. It hasn't been doing very well so far in the sales department. I'd assume the real reason they didn't reboot it is because it was only like 8-9 issues in when Marvel NOW dropped. It wouldn't have made sense to reboot that early.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I think the real rip-off is forcing us to pay for 'free' digital codes.