Is Marvel and or DC lore or Warcraft lore more expansive?

deathspa202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got into an argument with some friends that play WoW. They claim that Warcraft lore is the largest lore period, but none of them read comics, I argued that without reading comics they can't imagine the sheer size of the universes the big two have established. What do you guys think?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tell your friends that when the main warcraft universe restarts because of some insanely powerful being decides to gobble up other warcraft universes and all the superpowered beings in those universes fight that being, then it has become that expansive.

that's what happened to DC. marvel still has its multiversal thingy

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they don't know both sides, their claim is empty.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Bierschneeman

Warcraft has a miniscule lore. compared to the other companies.

think abour it, DC has near 52 in depth stories being added to each month. some of the adds are large exposition dumps, an extreme few can be summed up as one quest in World of Warcraft but are most are far from the latter extreme, and NONE are less than a WOW quest. although this pace hasn't always been the case, they at least have this kind of lore add going on since the 1940s, but they have the same thing Warcraft has, noncanon. if you add tv shows, video games, movies, books, elseworld stories. board games, card games and etc. the lore goes from mindbogglingly huge to... UNCHARTABLE.

(heres some numbers WOW has 6000 quests (some are repeated just slightly different) 11500 if you include dailies... if you count each quest as equal to a comic issue (HA!!!, most the time its like a page, or sometimes a panel of a 30 page comic) that means DC has added the equivalent of that just since 2002.)(think about it, theres an extremely high number of quests that are just pivot points in a quest chain, IE. GO TO SNARLTOOTH....walk, small exposition dump worthy of one or two panels in a comic.)

I would say that the three RTSs can be summed up in certain crossovers. (2= blackest night, 1=final crisis 3= 52)

Warcraft does have all those extra noncanons, but only less than two decades worth... (wait are we coming up on the 20th anni? god im old)

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even the largest video game series lore.

deathspa202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would argue that it has the largest lore of any video game series, but definitely not of any narrative universe.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I would argue that it has the largest lore of any video game series, but definitely not of any narrative universe.

I would say yes.....but only in the qualifyer of STARTING as a video Game Series.

MArvel, DC, Star Trek, D&D just examples of larger than Warcraft Lores, in media or a narrative, that BECAME hit video game series' .