Is Man of Steel Superman The Single Strongest Hero?

• 82 results
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fallschirmjager:

I think it's safe to say that they react a little bit faster than twice as fast as humans. Faora and Superman both dodged F-22 gunfire, and Faora snatched and evaded a close quarters speed blitz from Superman twice. Not to mention the super speed punches they were throwing...

As for the OP topic...MoS is one of the strongest recent cbm hero but there are others who could conceivably beat him like Ryan Reynolds GL (maybe), Silver Surfer (maybe), and some X-Men heroes(maybe).

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Manhatten cant harm superman, but Superman cant harm manhatten its a stalemate.

@man_of_miracles: He used a space ship.

Hm, don't remember him having a ship, guess I should watch it again. He still has several fast flying feats however (flying into the atmosphere in a very short time etc.), and he is much stronger.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Wardemon32

And the mask

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@allstarsuperman said:

@silverrings: Manhatten cant harm superman

Bollocks. He can turn him into porridge. It doesn't have to "hurt", Manhattan still beats Superman pretty effortlessly.

It's not possible he could. He only has killed humans before.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@silverrings: Manhatten cant harm superman, but Superman cant harm manhatten its a stalemate.

Hm, don't remember him having a ship, guess I should watch it again. He still has several fast flying feats however (flying into the atmosphere in a very short time etc.), and he is much stronger.

remember the beginning where Martha Kents house is all shaking and stuff? Clark crashes back down in a ship. and he later says he buried it.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By X_insignia1

@allstarsuperman said:

@silverrings: Manhatten cant harm superman

Bollocks. He can turn him into porridge. It doesn't have to "hurt", Manhattan still beats Superman pretty effortlessly.

No, Manhatten has only been seen to harm normal humans, given that kryptonians in earth's atmosphere/under a yellow sun have a more dense molecular structure, there's no evidence that Manhattan can affect anyone on Clark's level of durability, not one of the kryptonians showed any scarring or bruising/bleeding during their brawls when they were powered.

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Albertphytagoras

Hero?

Wins:

Silver surfer (maybe)

Dr.Manhatten (potential)

Bruce all migthy (duh)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager:

I think it's safe to say that they react a little bit faster than twice as fast as humans. Faora and Superman both dodged F-22 gunfire, and Faora snatched and evaded a close quarters speed blitz from Superman twice. Not to mention the super speed punches they were throwing...

As for the OP topic...MoS is one of the strongest recent cbm hero but there are others who could conceivably beat him like Ryan Reynolds GL (maybe), Silver Surfer (maybe), and some X-Men heroes(maybe).

They were A-10's actually - :D

Its possible they are faster, but not necessary to prove my point. The margin of error is pretty huge given the speeds they were capable of and the .50 human reaction time.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All that I can think of is

DR.Manhattan and Silver Surfer (maybe)

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Manhattan, final answer. Can't really think of anyone stronger

This even with all of the I think Dr. M is way up on the top tier scale of what he could do. Plus how would Kal put him down?

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles said:

@allstarsuperman said:

remember the beginning where Martha Kents house is all shaking and stuff? Clark crashes back down in a ship. and he later says he buried it.

Oh yeah I suppose I remember that now. But remember when he flies into to the atmosphere and then flies down to rescue the woman whose brakes were cut? Or when he flies to the kryptonite island? to lazy to do the calculations right this sec, but it is pretty fast.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Oh yeah I suppose I remember that now. But remember when he flies into to the atmosphere and then flies down to rescue the woman whose brakes were cut? Or when he flies to the kryptonite island? to lazy to do the calculations right this sec, but it is pretty fast.

Man of steel superman and zod flew to space very quickly as well. so travel speed is very equal, but combat speed MOS would stomp

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Movie Surfer might be stronger.

Considering he never showed the ability to resist telepathy, he can be brought down by Professor X or Jean Grey.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Silverrings

@allstarsuperman said:

@x_insignia1 said:

No, Manhatten has only been seen to harm normal humans, given that kryptonians in earth's atmosphere/under a yellow sun have a more dense molecular structure, there's no evidence that Manhattan can affect anyone on Clark's level of durability, not one of the kryptonians showed any scarring or bruising/bleeding during their brawls when they were powered.

Manhattan can control matter. Superman is made of matter. Like everything else. Manhattan can turn Superman into a bunch of pretty flowers if he chooses to. Durability is irrelevant, Manhattan controlled tanks and they are more durable than humans. It's got nothing to do with Superman's physicality or molecular structure, as Manhattan can control him at a molecular level. It's got nothing to do with harming Superman, just controlling his atoms. Separating them, rearranging them, getting rid of them, etc.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@silverrings:

While I agree with you Manhatten can harm him, Kryptonians are much stronger than tanks.

A missile, or the 30mm rounds A-10's fire both kill tanks. Kryptonians took them without a scratch

The 30mm cannon on the A-10 was specifically designed to kill tanks and bunkers in fact - they fire depleted uranium rounds.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By X_insignia1

@silverrings said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@x_insignia1 said:

Manhattan can control matter. Superman is made of matter. Like everything else. Manhattan can turn Superman into a bunch of pretty flowers if he chooses to. Durability is irrelevant, Manhattan controlled tanks and they are more durable than humans. It's got nothing to do with Superman's physicality or molecular structure, as Manhattan can control him at a molecular level. It's got nothing to do with harming Superman, just controlling his atoms. Separating them, rearranging them, getting rid of them, etc.

He can control matter, cool, durability is everything BUT irrelevant. Beings with higher durability (more dense molecular structure) have resisted molecular manipulation such as Thanos, Superman ect. This is proven in comics, So being able to control "matter" does not necessarily mean you can affect every being made of it, thus proven by comics.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings:

While I agree with you Manhatten can harm him, Kryptonians are much stronger than tanks.

A missile, or the 30mm rounds A-10's fire both kill tanks. Kryptonians took them without a scratch

The 30mm cannon on the A-10 was specifically designed to kill tanks and bunkers in fact - they fire depleted uranium rounds.

But they didn't tanked it without pain...

Superman got fired by 7.62 minigun and he actually express some pain from it.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@angryhulks:

:Irrelevant.

If you're going to try and use every time someone grunts as a sign of weakness in durability, then no one has durability.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: did superman show molecular resistance in the movie? If not ( and he did not then he is not immune to it) it's annoying how you give him a power he Did not display. Manhattan stomps him every time.

Clark also never displayed faster thought process in the movie and therefore he thinks jut as fast as normal humans, if you think he did please refer me to the exact moment in the movie he thinks faster than humans. Until then magneto displayed faster reaction considering he caught a bullet fired about 50cm from a cops head. Prof would mind rape supes before he even thinks to attack.

Please stick to displayed feats not your own conclusions since its evident you biased....

Anyway Krissh would stomp supes, faster, stronger, better fighter

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: Clearly you need to read better.

@silverrings:

Please stick to not posting unless you're actually going to read.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Bruce Almighty stomps with his ultra reality warping also Morgan freeman god

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jedixman: are we talking about actual strength or Power

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By loseup
AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks:

If you're going to try and use every time someone grunts as a sign of weakness in durability, then no one has durability.

Well, they just have enough durability to not get truly injured by bullets, but they felt it. Routh's Superman completel ignore the 20 mm rounds without hindering his movements, like at all.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professor X stopped time I think....I'm very sure he did that so...he could win. Also Black Dynamite.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

@angryhulks:

Well, they just have enough durability to not get truly injured by bullets, but they felt it. Routh's Superman completel ignore the 20 mm rounds without hindering his movements, like at all.

You'll feel it when you get a paper cut, but that doesn't mean you are hurt.

Routh's Superman was also a silver age type, hence why he could get stabbedy Kryptonite 1 minute and ignore an island of it the next

Avatar image for greatodinsraven
GreatOdinsRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Pilgrim headbutted a Superman so hard he burst

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JediXMan  Moderator
Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

I feel like MoS combat speed is getting overhyped and overplayed in general. Their combat speed is really nothing special. Their travel speed and bullrushes is where the deal's at, now, those are impressive, NOT their combat speed, which is average at best. It's not like they ran circles around their opponents and pucnched them multiple times before the said opponent could react, it's not like their combat speed was so fast it looked like they had multiple limbs or created after images like they do in the comics. Where are people getting all these ridiculous calculations from?

The answer to the OP's question is no.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm....

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

funny how people are mentioning characters that has nothing to do with strength..professor x..silver surfer..jean..lol give me a break people..All of them will get owned..professor dies..jean died.and silver surfer all died in their movies. and non of them went through half of what the man of steel superman went through..Which one still lived to fight another day..?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

@fallschirmjager: did superman show molecular resistance in the movie? If not ( and he did not then he is not immune to it) it's annoying how you give him a power he Did not display. Manhattan stomps him every time.

Clark also never displayed faster thought process in the movie and therefore he thinks jut as fast as normal humans, if you think he did please refer me to the exact moment in the movie he thinks faster than humans. Until then magneto displayed faster reaction considering he caught a bullet fired about 50cm from a cops head. Prof would mind rape supes before he even thinks to attack.

Please stick to displayed feats not your own conclusions since its evident you biased....

Anyway Krissh would stomp supes, faster, stronger, better fighter

Well, for 1, His skin/molecules are a lot more dense than that of a humans, therefore, it's going to be slightly harder for Manhattan to do that to him as compared to a human. Manhattan in theory can beat him, but he wouldn't truly care enough to fight.

Faster thought process? Flying at mach level speeds navigating himself through tight corners should be good enough he has a faster thought process, unless you know of any human that can think fast enough to turn those tight corners going that fast...