Is Man of Steel 2 going to flop or do well?

• 52 results
Avatar image for iknowthetruthhurts
IKnowTheTruthHurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I want this movie to do well, but I have a bad feeling it's going to flop. I believe it was way too soon to introduce Batman into the Man of Steel Universe. They should have introduced batman in the 3rd film or a 4th film staring the two heroes.

We don't even know the name of the "movie" because the official title hasn't been released yet. Is it Man of Steel 2 or is it Batman vs Superman or is it going to become a Worlds Finest film or maybe a Trinity film?

The Dark Knight Franchise did well but DC/WB have let us down before. Here are a few films that have fallen short:

Batman and Robin Flopped / Very Bad Film

Superman Returns Flopped / Bad Film Way too long...needed more action

Green Lantern Flopped / Bad Film....too long. Plus, I didn't like a comedic Hal Jordan.

The Dark Knight Rises....was Okay. It could have been a lot better.

Man of Steel...was okay. It could have been a lot better.

Do you think Man of Steel 2 (or whatever it's going to be called) is going to do well or is it going to flop?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me look into my crystal globe eh?

IKnowTheTruthHurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthAznable

Everyone is too excited for the movie. Even if it ends up sucking or being a disappointment, tons of people will have already gone to see it. So no I doubt it will flop.

IKnowTheTruthHurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Awesome! So that means there is still hope for this film. You're the Man!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

It will outdo TDK.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ccraft

I wouldn't be surprised if it makes more than (mos) $663. million, I want it to hit 1 billion! If Iron Man 3 can do it MoS2 better.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me go to my time machine.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Superman Returns didn't flop, it's just not well liked.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be hard for that movie to flop.....it could be really bad and not flop..most of the time if the previous movie was a good movie, the sequel will not flop. look at one of your examples... Batman and Robin did poorly, but despite Batman Forever doing very well, the critics and populous hated it, so we have two bad movie performing very differently, the difference.. Batman Forever people were expecting a movie the same quality at Batman Returns, it wasn't then BF set the precedence so when B&R came out people were already expecting it to be as bad as Batman Forever. and then it tanks.

I think if Batman Rises came out Before Dark Knight... the success of Dark Knight wouldn't be as incredible. its all about precedence with sequel movies.

MOS did VERY well... and though you say its okay. I LOVED IT ... the only CBM I own in Blue ray. the dvd sales are just as impressive as the opening weekend so I think the people liked it too. and again... the precedence has been set, MOS is well received and did very well opening weekend or not I expect some follow through.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly thought, it should've been only Superman in the first place... I always believed that each of the Justice Leaguers needed their own movie...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Its going to do well. WB is going to put everything in this. Hal has always been kind of comedic. Not as comedic as in that movie or JL War but he's always been kind of a cowboy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RustyRoy

Batman and Robin didn't flop tbh. And a movie about the first live action encounter of Batman and Superman can never flop.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

It won't flop from a financial standpoint and I can see it reaching $1 billion worldwide.

In terms of quality, my hopes aren't high considering the creative team behind it but as 3/4 of the Pirates films and the Transformers films have shown, it doesn't have to be good to make a lot of money.

IKnowTheTruthHurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Batman and Robin was an awful film....that means flop to me. It's was too "cheesy" that's one of the reasons why they decided to go with the so called realistic Batman in the DK franchise. Batman & Batman Returns are way better than Batman and Robin.....the whole story-line/ plot was just plain silly. However, I respect the fact that "some" enjoyed the film. I can relate because I liked Fantastic 4: Rise of the Sliver Surfer even-though pretty much everyone I know hated that film.

BTW, DC/WB dropped the ball with Green Lantern....so anything is possible.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowthetruthhurts: Oh I thought you were talking financial success. I liked B&R when I was a kid, now I don't like it so much. As for quality of BvS only time will tell.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#19  Edited By Black_Claw

This movie has two of the most iconic superheroes of all time. It's going to be impossible for it to flop financially. We're going to have to wait and see how it does with critics.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS2/Batman vs Superman or whatever the hell it's called has the potential to surpass Avengers imo dollar wise. It's got Bats and Supes in the same film in the same universe, everyone is going to see this movie!

Where or not it's good is an entirely different story. I think it will be. I think at the very least it'll be better than MOS, which I thought was a fantastic comicbook film

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lemme jump in my time machine...

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from the cast, gonna flop.

But it can turn out to be the opposite.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't flop in the box office that's for sure.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not.

MoS 2
MoS 2

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie has two of the most iconic superheroes of all time. It's going to be impossible for it to flop financially. We're going to have to wait and see how it does with critics.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

It will earn billions but be reviewed HORRIBLY.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kgb725

Unless it costs alot to make I dont think it will be a flop financially

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lesterlawton

After the last Batman & Superman movies, I don't think it will do as well as it could. It won't do Avengers numbers, but I think it'll be one of the higher grossing movies of the year.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shawnbaby

No Caption Provided

I want this movie to do well, but I have a bad feeling it's going to flop. I believe it was way too soon to introduce Batman into the Man of Steel Universe. They should have introduced batman in the 3rd film or a 4th film staring the two heroes.

We don't even know the name of the "movie" because the official title hasn't been released yet. Is it Man of Steel 2 or is it Batman vs Superman or is it going to become a Worlds Finest film or maybe a Trinity film?

The Dark Knight Franchise did well but DC/WB have let us down before. Here are a few films that have fallen short:

Batman and Robin Flopped / Very Bad Film

Superman Returns Flopped / Bad Film Way too long...needed more action

Green Lantern Flopped / Bad Film....too long. Plus, I didn't like a comedic Hal Jordan.

The Dark Knight Rises....was Okay. It could have been a lot better.

Man of Steel...was okay. It could have been a lot better.

Do you think Man of Steel 2 (or whatever it's going to be called) is going to do well or is it going to flop?

What does it matter if it does well? Lots of bad or average movies "do well". Green Lantern was a terrible movie but it still made money.

The important question is "Will it be any good?"

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Im pretty sure Green Lantern actually lost money overall. But I do basically agree with your point. Id say IM3 is a better example.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bierschneeman

@deaditegonzo said:

@shawnbaby: Im pretty sure Green Lantern actually lost money overall. But I do basically agree with your point. Id say IM3 is a better example.

WOW, I had to check, because.. well I didn't know..

Green Lantern did REALLLY REALLY WELL made all its money back just in Box Office Reciepts and even garned a tidy profit.

did it do as well as Dark Knight NOT even close by the same standards. (the Dark Knight nearly TRIPLED its investments just in box office reciepts. GL didn't even get to half a percent up.)

not a flop, not even a bomb (technically two seperate meanings)

IM SHOCKED

less shocking, Iron Man 3 did even better. with the SAME budget,..... Iron Man 3 DOUBLED its investments JUST with USA box Office reciepts.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern had a Budget of 200 million dollars. It's Box Office Gross was 219 million dollars. That's not including Bluray and DVD.

So yes...It made money. Not a lot of money (comparatively)...but it made money.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

Green Lantern did REALLLY REALLY WELL made all its money back just in Box Office Reciepts and even garned a tidy profit.

did it do as well as Dark Knight NOT even close by the same standards. (the Dark Knight nearly TRIPLED its investments just in box office reciepts. GL didn't even get to half a percent up.)

IM SHOCKED

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greenlantern.htm

It looks like 200 Million was the production cost and the movie earned 219 Million. As far as I know, that 200 Million doesnt include marketing, so id say it was likely a financial loss.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bierschneeman said:

@deaditegonzo said:

IM SHOCKED

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greenlantern.htm

It looks like 200 Million was the production cost and the movie earned 219 Million. As far as I know, that 200 Million doesnt include marketing, so id say it was likely a financial loss.

That's just box office....Got to include Bluray, DVD, licensing rights...etc.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Regardless, it didn't do well enough to be considered "financially solid" by which they mean it didn't perform nearly as well as they were hoping. Not well enough to make a sequel.

But all that is besides the point.

The important thing is they make a Good Superman/ Batman movies...and I am not hopeful thus far. There's still a long time before it comes out though

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will do really well but it might horribly suck.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why on Earth would it do poorly? You do realize how big of a character Batman is? If anything his presence in the movie will double profits.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman just had two billion dollar movies and Man of Steel did extremely well. Can it flop?! Doubt it, the fact that were talking about it, two years before it comes out, already puts it ahead of the other movies coming out in 2016. I do think people are more worried but it being creatively mixed-up or won't have a good story, script etc. But we don't know anything about it, so its hard to say. But I do reckon it could make more than the Avengers if everything falls in place for it. Come on were talking BATMAN AND SUPERMAN here, that's a goldmine right there. And the live-action movie debut of Wonder Woman....So goldmine!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel (success) + Batman (would sell billions of tickets in a cameo). It is definitely not going to flop.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Financially? It's guaranteed to do well.

In terms of quality? Hell, that's subjective and is sure to once again be polarizing.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By those_eyes

I have a feeling it will suck but everyone will be so curious to watch it. Its going to be box office hit but it may suck.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By HumanRocket

MOS was a flop? I liked it a lot better than other Superman films I've seen. I have faith that the film will do well.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man money + Avengers money beats MoS money + Dark Knight money. Not hatin' just pointing it out (since its already happened).

cra55zy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I kinda wanted them to wait before they bring Batman on board into the universe. Actually I felt it would have been better to introduced Cyborg as support character in the sequel. Maybe introduce lex luther as behind the scene villain but he wouldn't be the main villain yet. Also I would have teased an Gotham support character like James Gordon and maybe flash or wonder woman. The sequel would have went deeper into superman`s life. So leaving bats out would have made that possible

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PowerHerc

MoS 2 is going to kick ass!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By the_tree

A movie featuring both Batman and Superman together onscreen for the first time has no chance of flopping, unless the characters were radically altered in the most ridiculous of ways. Hell, Batman & Robin did, and it still made a profit.

Though a couple of these movies weren't critical darlings, they still did well in terms of moneymaking.

I understand being cautious about the film, but when I see complaints about the movie now, while it's so early in its development, I just chalk it up to the typical fanboy pettiness that runs rampant in the comic book community. With its characters, the cast involved, and Chris Terrio rewriting Goyer's script, I have faith.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n said:

Financially? It's guaranteed to do well.

In terms of quality? Hell, that's subjective and is sure to once again be polarizing.

Summarized how I feel. There is no way that the three biggest DC characters are not going to generate LOTS of public interest. Hell, my dad (who hates anything superhero related) said he will go watch this at midnight.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CF12793

Gee, I wonder if a movie with BATMAN and SUPERMAN in it will do well or not.......

Of course it will.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

It has Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman...you guess.......