Is Lex Luthor really a good guy now ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ok I must have missed something but when did Lex Luthor become a good guy and a member of the JLA ? what did I miss ? I mean is he really good are faking ?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During Forever Evil event. Assuming he's faking it, but who knows.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I believe he's a fraud, nothing changed.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

no he's currently very evil

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: Now he is god of Apokolips. How that's for a good guy?)

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: wait he is a god ? How that happen ? I try ed looking it up but comicvine don't say.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: After death of Darkseid he was hitted on Apocolips by whole power of Omega Effect.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OtaconMGS

@rubear: really interesting. So dose he have any cool powers are just immortality ? Oh speaking of luthor what about Alexander Luthor, Jr. (Earth-Three) is he good are bad ?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

He admitted he only does it for fame and glory. And since the villain role didn't work out, he thought about trying the other road.

So...pretty in character.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: Not sure about it, it was in last issue of Justice League current run "Darkseid War".

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: @squalleon: I got one here that says... During the conflict between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, Lex traveled with the Justice League to the planet Apokolips. After Darkseid's death, a large amount of energy from the Anti-Life Equation was released, giving Lex and the rest of the League all-new special abilities. Luthor was deemed the 'God of Apokolips'. So what powers did the other leaguers get ?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By stormshadow_x

Meh

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think he's still bad.

But who knows when we'll see him turn back.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

You should see how Superman is, as the God of Strength...

I disagree. I think he's the same, but has come to the realization that he looks better as the hero who can, at times, make himself look better than Superman, rather than the man trying to kill the good guy.

He's the same old egomaniac, just with a new outlook on life.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Well I finally read jla Darkseid war part 5 at barns and Noble and wow. Lex becoming the god of Apokolips... you know I'm not comfortable using the word god so I'll use the word avatar instead if you don't mind. So lex is now the avatar of Apokolips, batman is the avatar of knowledge, flash is the avatar of death, superman is the avatar of strength Shazam is the avatar of... ummm oh I know avatar of the source yeah I like that and as for the others idk ? Still hope lex stays good.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@scouterv:

@scouterv said:
@rubear said:

You should see how Superman is, as the God of Strength...

@dboyrules2011 said:

I disagree. I think he's the same, but has come to the realization that he looks better as the hero who can, at times, make himself look better than Superman, rather than the man trying to kill the good guy.

He's the same old egomaniac, just with a new outlook on life.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By jumpstart55

Try to think of him like Doctor Doom. Their pretty much villains with anti hero tendencies. They usually pick the side that best works in their favor at the moment, weather it be good or bad.Notice when a big baddie proves to be a major threat not just to all the heroes but the entire earth, like the Beyonder and DarkSeid, Lex and Vondoom start siding with the heroes for the moment, and if or when things turn in their favor they seize the ultimate power when the opportunity arises Or if not they resume being evil after the villain is defeated. The guys are masters at playing the fence. The point i,m trying to make is Luthor and Doom can never be fully trusted, theres always some hidden agenda behind their services. That why Reed and Supes the guys who know the two the best, are always skeptically or very untrustworthy with those two,Even to the dismay of other heroes, even in the face of a greater more common enemy of both heroes and villains alike.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to think of him like Doctor Doom. Their pretty much villains with anti hero tendencies. They usually pick the side that best works in their favor at the moment, weather it be good or bad.Notice when a big baddie proves to be a major threat not just to all the heroes but the entire earth, like the Beyonder and DarkSeid, Lex and Vondoom start siding with the heroes for the moment, and if or when things turn in their favor they seize the ultimate power when the opportunity arises Or if not they resume being evil after the villain is defeated. The guys are master at playing the fence. The point Luthor and Doom can never be fully trusted, theres always some hidden agenda behind their services. That why Reed and Supes the guys who know the two the best are always skeptically or very untrustworthy with those two two the dismay of other heroes, even in the face of a greater more common enemy of both heroes and villains alike.

so your saying when the time is right Lex might go back to his old way until the next big baddy ?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55 said:

Try to think of him like Doctor Doom. Their pretty much villains with anti hero tendencies. They usually pick the side that best works in their favor at the moment, weather it be good or bad.Notice when a big baddie proves to be a major threat not just to all the heroes but the entire earth, like the Beyonder and DarkSeid, Lex and Vondoom start siding with the heroes for the moment, and if or when things turn in their favor they seize the ultimate power when the opportunity arises Or if not they resume being evil after the villain is defeated. The guys are master at playing the fence. The point Luthor and Doom can never be fully trusted, theres always some hidden agenda behind their services. That why Reed and Supes the guys who know the two the best are always skeptically or very untrustworthy with those two two the dismay of other heroes, even in the face of a greater more common enemy of both heroes and villains alike.

so your saying when the time is right Lex might go back to his old way until the next big baddy ?

Yep.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: oh I see ok ty. Well I still like the idea of him being good. Give some other villian a chance to shine. I think supes has other major villians besides Lex.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Nope. He's still a cunning bastard though. Read Forever Evil and Justice League vol. 6.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just like when Loki claims to be "good". He's just pretending, plotting, and waiting for his moment.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: oh I see ok ty. Well I still like the idea of him being good. Give some other villian a chance to shine. I think supes has other major villians besides Lex.

He does. And they will get their chance in due time. Give the new 52 some time its only been around for about 4 years or so And has made some decent progress.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just like when Loki claims to be "good". He's just pretending, plotting, and waiting for his moment.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

wait I thought loki did become good foe awhile because his evil was in the form of a magpie then after that for some reason kid loki eating the magpie and then he became reborn again ? or something like that.

Avatar image for indorilnerevar119
IndorilNerevar119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti heroic protagonist

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything new on Luthor ? He still have the powers of darkseid ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kind of wondering that one myself ? If lex still dose have darkseid's powers then what about the other league members ?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not good or evil. Just an arrogant maniac that wants to be loved and adored for his genius. Superman got in the way of that love and adoration and Lex fixated his energy on getting Superman out of the picture. After 30 years of failure, if you're counting from Post-Crisis, he decided it's less of a hassle to try and beat Superman at his own game than it is trying to kill him or manipulate the public against him.