Is Kick-Ass a good movie?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I havent seen either kick-ass or kick-ass 2. I hear alot about them and see that the characters are used alot in the battle forum. Are these movies actually any good?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first one is really awesome. The second one...well...I didn't even finish it, it was so lame.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dimitridkatsis

The first one is really awesome. The second one...well...I didn't even finish it, it was so lame.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You have to have a good sense of humor to watch them.I like them both part 2 pick up later down started weak but finish good for me.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on your tastes really.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13 said:

@tensor said:

You have to have a good sense of humor to watch them.I like them both part 2 pick up later down started weak but finish good for me.

What particularly was wrong with the second one compared to the first? What made it not as good?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

The first one is a pretty great film. I recommend it.

The second one I liked, but felt it was a step down from the first. I'd watch it if you like the first, but don't set expectations too high.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I disliked the first one but moderately enjoyed the second.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@those_eyes the first movie was more true to the comic, which we all know is a big plus, in the second volume Millar turned the violence up considerably taking his story to the next level, meaning that's the way his characters were developed through violent incidents, if you know Millar you know that's how he does it best. As you probably know the studios wanted a more kid friendly movie and got rid of the extra violence making it somewhat of a parody. You should read the comics and then see the movies and tell us what you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They ok

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Na

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: It started off a little bit weak but then it pick up.I like both of them Loved Mother Russia.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Only saw the first one. It was ok. I call it a "tv movie". Something to watch when it comes on tv, especially if there is nothing else interesting on.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The first one is amazing, the second is ok.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not really, at least on the first one. If you really have nothing better to do. I would rent it maybe.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@those_eyes:

The first one is amazing, the second is ok.

This.

The first is awesome. It had an amazing origin story, it was hilarious, but it knew when to get serious. The action was choreographed fantastically. The score/music was great and really well put together, it was one of the major focuses that that director (Matthew Vaughn, who also made X Men First Class) made. It is my all time favorite movie and I would hope you atleast give it a chance.

The second is enjoyable, don't get me wrong. But they got a new director and fight choreographer, it has a different feel. The humor isn't as great, but it has it's fair share of laughs. Now I must admit I look down on it cause I read the comics and of course they changed some stuff, someone with a fresh mind not having any expectations for it would like it more. If you like the first my guess is you'd like the second as well, but like most people not as much.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the first one is good. But you have to like the comic....or like that kind of humor. If that makes sense. the second one is NOTHING like the comic, except for the basic plot which is the villains rising and KA joining a hero team. But besides that, the second movie isn't really like the comic, and the second comic series is way more serious in tone than its movie counterpart. I didn't watch all of the second one though, but I saw the ending and parts of the fight scenes and other various "core" parts.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

First one's good, it strikes a weird but enjoyable balance between a realistic and cartoony tone, Nick Cage is at his best, it has cool action and some awesome kills, but with only one scene that really got me emotionally invested in any way. Great soundtrack, especially the tra la la song and the use of Ennio Morricone.

I will say, that though he's supposed to be the, 'heart' of the film and a through line into reality, Kick-Ass himself is the weakest part.

8.5/10. Awesome action romp.

The second one is awful, I really despise that film.

MonkeyStarship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonkeyStarship

i liked it

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

the first one is good, then the second one seems to destroy everything the first one tried to do

the first movie make a realistic world where nobody has ever tried to be a super hero and one kid questions it and gets hospitalized

then the second one, literally anyone can be a superhero without problem, theres even a bit of super strength, and a scene with super speed

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im watching the first one now guys. Its really cool.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By SaintWildcard

I hated it

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kick-Ass is a surprisingly quality movie that blends serious real-world tone with over the top action for a hilarious mix, the movie has a heart and I cared for the characters.

Kick-Ass 2, did everything in it's power to forget what made the first so good, and is literally the polar opposite of it. It's a terrible movie that upon finishing, I made mental note that I never want to see it again.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated it

Did it not live up to the comic version in your eyes?

Kick-Ass is a surprisingly quality movie that blends serious real-world tone with over the top action for a hilarious mix, the movie has a heart and I cared for the characters.

Kick-Ass 2, did everything in it's power to forget what made the first so good, and is literally the polar opposite of it. It's a terrible movie that upon finishing, I made mental note that I never want to see it again.

Im loving the first one. Sad to hear the second one wont be as good but ill give it a shot.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Kick Ass was pretty good. The second was utterly forgettable. I don't even remember what the movie was about and I saw it fairly recently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I only saw the first one, and it was alright. I personally wouldn't watch it again.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@those_eyes: I have watched both and got to say the first Kick-Ass is a great film. 8 out of 10 and although the second isn't as bad as most seem to say its about 6.5/10 IMO.

Since you can like stream online ect... i'd just go and watch the first, if you enjoy that watch the second.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I have watched both and got to say the first Kick-Ass is a great film. 8 out of 10 and although the second isn't as bad as most seem to say its about 6.5/10 IMO.

Since you can like stream online ect... i'd just go and watch the first, if you enjoy that watch the second.

i just watched them both. the first one was way better than i expected. The second one wasnt horrible but it was an ok movie. I enjoyed both ovverall.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@those_eyes: Thats good, surprised you managed not to see the first one. Was a massive buzz when that came out.