is Joker the worst/best villain ever?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

is there any comic book villain more frightening than the joker? I mean really? Joer to me is the most terrifying villain because he's a villain that could actually be real. there could be a "joker" stalking his next victim right now in real life. he's done the most heinous of deeds. from paralyzing Barbra and kidnapping jim to killing Jason and with what he just did in death of the family. joker is the worst of the worst. id rather deal with any other comic book villain than him. thanos magneto kingin luthor sinestro you name it. I present to you this:

Joker has you trapped in this room just like that scene in "girl with the dragon tattoo"

No Caption Provided

I challenge you to name a worse scenario.

Joker is everything bad about mankind. he's chaos. unchecked chaos and that makes him the worst/best villain in my mind. do you agree?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

He probably couldn't take over the world though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

no but I don't think the range of a villain is a measure of how "bad"/"evil" they are. joker torments for the sake of tormenting. he has no goal other than to create chaos

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@sog7dc: Ah, well by that reasoning you could be right.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

But, I don't like the Joker and I'll tell you why. I hear people say he's like the greatest villain of all time, and to tell the truth I don't understand why. If you mean scariest villain ever, then yeah. But he's not an interesting character in the least, he doesn't have a motive, or backstory, or any type of purpose behind his actions. He just goes around randomly attacking, which can be scary. But IMO, it doesn't qualify him as the greatest villain ever. I understand what you mean, I just can't see how a villain without any motives can be considered the best.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By gettogaara

As much as I like the Joker(Probably my favorite DC villain) I would definitely rather deal with him than the villains you listed(Besides Kingpin). I mean he's definitely more sick and twisted but like you said, he could be real therefore he can be dealt with by using realistic solutions. If someone like this actually existed, the cops wouldn't be worrying about getting him help. They would shoot him in an instant. The only reason Joker gets away with the things he does is because Batman's not a killer. Instead of putting him down so all of the madness stops, he just throws him in the asylum and it's an endless cycle.

Of course I'm not denying that he's one of the best villains, if not the best around.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I really dislike about him is that he always gets captured in the end. In real life, he warrants extreme prejudice. If he escapes before Batman gets the chance to kill him, it doesn't feel as much Batman's fault.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is great because he's the incarnation of evil, evil just for the sake of being bad, but on top of that there's an underlying message that Joker is evil because that's the way the world is.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

He is what he is.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

he is the worst

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62:

im not being snark here but have you read the killing joke? it gives a lot of depth and background to the character and it makes you kind of understand where he comes from. its more a joker bool than a batman book

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: he started as a joke. a bank robber with facepaint. and when they saw people didnt realize he was meant as a joke they said: 'f**k it roll with it'. but that aside, he has killed/crippled so many bat family members, so many times. so many civilians. and they dont kill him because he's insane. riiiight. so many schemes and plans. yeah he's a real nutcase. if it were real life, he would get the chair after his 3rd escape from arkham.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i much prefer him over other villains such as ra's al ghul. he is most entertaining, in movies and comics he gives me the creeps and in cartoons he is great for laughs.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer:

using real life logic to judge comics is facile. just like everything u said in the other thread.....

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: that is why i said IF. and what other thread?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: Omg I am so sorry. I got you mixed up with "thejman". I sincerely apologize and hope you accept

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Joker has you trapped in this room just like that scene in "girl with the dragon tattoo"

I challenge you to name a worse scenario.

Worst scenario?

He shows up at your house and shoots your daughter straight through her gut. His henchmen knock you out and kidnap you. You wake up in a run-down amusement park. You are stripped naked and caged in the park's freak show. You are chained to one of the park's rides and forced to view giant pictures of your wounded daughter in various states of undress. The Joker has driven you insane.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like him alot as a villain.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#23  Edited By flazam

Joker is hugely overrated

and is an average villain

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He is not the best one, but he is definitely top three right after Doctor Doom and Darkseid.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jj62 said:

Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

But, I don't like the Joker and I'll tell you why. I hear people say he's like the greatest villain of all time, and to tell the truth I don't understand why. If you mean scariest villain ever, then yeah. But he's not an interesting character in the least, he doesn't have a motive, or backstory, or any type of purpose behind his actions. He just goes around randomly attacking, which can be scary. But IMO, it doesn't qualify him as the greatest villain ever. I understand what you mean, I just can't see how a villain without any motives can be considered the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite villains. The fact that he is impossible to predict is terrifying.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

meh...he's a meh villain

He does the same thing,it just look different

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SliverBat

Hes not the most powerful, hes not the coolest looking and not the smartest but in my eyes he is the best.

He is the definition of a true villain.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By PunyParker

He's "The Villian" with only purpose to hurt his enemy....thats defining.

He was the first ever villian to care only about the destruction of his enemy,and not money-fame etc.

That's why i like Green Goblin...cause he's based on him.

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: 100%

Green Goblin is also one of my favorites because of those similar traits.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To me he was always an above average villain, but not the greatest. I like mr freeze more out of batman's rogues than joker.