is Johns & Kolin's Flash the definitive modern Flash run?

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

^

well is it? Why?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Nope. I feel like Johns The Flash got more credit that it deserve. Everyone forget that because of Mark Waid The Flash, the character got so many new ideas and add into Flash mythos like Speedforce etc. In oher word, Mark Waid should get more credits and obviously he is the guy that define The Flash in modern era. I will say he is definitive The Flash writer of all time.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Waid's Flash run was average at best. I couldn't wait for Barry to come back.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@johnny_blaze: Average at best ? LOLOLOLOL facepalm

Oh well, let me tell you the story. All the flash writers after Mark Waid try to do capture and takes elements of storytelling from Mark Waid The Flash. This is same like every X-men writers try to copy and capture the genius of Chris Claremont X-men and every Daredevil writers to copy and capture the storytelling of Frank Miller Daredevil

Seriously , Barry Allen in modern era is not the same guy Barry Allen in 1960's where he get rejected by Zatanna (for those Barry Allen fans, it is true that Barry Allen fall in love with Zatanna). Barry Allen in Silver Age is kind a meh in personality and Barry Allen in modern have to thanks Mark Waid Wally West The Flash and incorporate some elements of Wally West

Without Mark Waid The Flash, writers probably never have new ideas how to make The Flash great and exciting story like making The Rogues interesting group (yup Mark Waid make The Rogues great as group), Elements of love, legacy and family, Speedforce etc

Check out this video http://youtu.be/KvZOdh96qEA

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: No need to get defensive. I just didn't care for it. I'm entitled to not like something, you know.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Average at best ? LOLOLOLOL facepalm

Oh well, let me tell you the story. All the flash writers after Mark Waid try to do capture and takes elements of storytelling from Mark Waid The Flash. This is same like every X-men writers try to copy and capture the genius of Chris Claremont X-men and every Daredevil writers to copy and capture the storytelling of Frank Miller Daredevil

Seriously , Barry Allen in modern era is not the same guy Barry Allen in 1960's where he get rejected by Zatanna (for those Barry Allen fans, it is true that Barry Allen fall in love with Zatanna). Barry Allen in Silver Age is kind a meh in personality and Barry Allen in modern have to thanks Mark Waid Wally West The Flash and incorporate some elements of Wally West

Without Mark Waid The Flash, writers probably never have new ideas how to make The Flash great and exciting story like making The Rogues interesting group (yup Mark Waid make The Rogues great as group), Elements of love, legacy and family, Speedforce etc

Check out this video http://youtu.be/KvZOdh96qEA

Oh please, the only time Waid used Captain Cold and the gang centerfold was in the Hell to Pay storyline, Johns made them to what they are now, Absolute Zero? Rogue War? Rogues Revenge? All Johns, heck Waid most often used Abra Kadabra and original villains.... Though I'm not gonna pretend that Waid didn't revolutionize the Flash, he wrote one of the best storylines ever, Return of Barry Allen, Cobalt Blue, and Terminal Velocity, then there's the Human Race, and even the Hell to Pay storyline was good (Imagine One More Day done right), he established the Speed Force for god's sake. Johns on the other hand gave the Rogues their morals, he built upon the code which set apart the Rogues from any super villain group.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnny_blaze

@trebean: I'm aware that he revolutionized The Flash, but I still don't think it was good as people made out to be. None of the storylines resonated with me. I prefer Buccellato's or Johns stuff.