Is John Constantine the most dangerous man in the DC U?

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TylerDurden7272
No Caption Provided

Superman has said before that Batman is the most dangerous man in the world... but I disagree. I think John Con is definitely more dangerous and can manipulate anyone or anything. What do you guys think? Is he more dangerous than Batman?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Supermans' respect for Batman sometimes overshadows the reality of situations. Batman is smart, but he's far from the most dangerous man on the planet. Even in terms of simply being human. I personally think Lex Luthor is the most dangerous man on the planet. He can be the most conniving, cold-hearted SOB on the planet or he could be President Luthor, beloved by all with the trust of the people at his back.

With that said, yeah, I think John is another man more dangerous than Batman. Not only is he even better at trickery than arguably Lex or Luthor, but he could also do things they probably couldn't even begin to imagine possible, which I also think makes him more dangerous than Luthor so well done. An interesting thought.

He kind of takes a backseat, I think, because he's not as well known to a lot of people, but I sort of think if he were real that'd be just how he likes it, and I think it works.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a list of people that is more dangerous that Batman.

Deathstroke, David Caine, Ras Al Ghul, etc...

But yeah, Constatine is way more dangerous that Batman and smarter.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. yea maybe.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, JC there got tricked by flippin Billy.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and JohnCon are easily the most dangerous men on the planet.

Picking one over the other would be impossible.

Jmarshmallow

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Batman.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlueBeetle1

Constantine. He just tricked Nabu/Fate and killed him.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think one man often overlooked is Vandal Savage. Older then Ras, incredibly strong, with the sportsmanship of Conan. He has held every occupation anyone can think of, fought Dragons, Demons, you name it. Definitely a contender.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. He is definitely more dangerous than Batman.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He is Dangerous and always have some trick up his sleeve.If you want to beat somebody with prep.This is the man for that.He is always prepared.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: Joker is a threat waiting to happen an ace of in the deck of chaos when he lined up with the right set up his level of dangerous can range from City to Global or even Universal scale nothing is more dangerous then someone that dose not hesitate or possess morals.. it not about what they can do its about what they wont do that makes a man dangerous.

Injustice (game) is a classic example joker with a nuke or alternative universe what joker did to superman manipulating him with fear gas is a classic example of what makes makes Joker so much more dangerous... regardless of more skilled better equipped characters like Deathstroke for example are not as dangerous as they seem because they hesitate, they have codes and there own versions of morality which they tend not to breach.

As for Batman i would argue that the potential is there but only if he breached his code... so no he would not be the most dangerous man around in regular dc universes...

i have not commented on Constantine because i don't know his character that well to measure him the i measure dangerous, i know he is a con-man and he knows some tricks i seen that he stole shazams powers for a short time and i have heard he has trapped superman before with magic so i say he has the poteantial like batman dose to be dangeorus but is his character/personality a dangerous one

Are you saying Joker is the most dangerous? And as far as John Con, I would say he is the most dangerous man in the DC Universe. Constantine is extremely intelligent when it comes to the occult, magick and manipulation. He's one of the few people who could play Batman or even Lex Luthor like a puppet on a string. He's also one of the best prep masters in comics because of what he can do in such a short amount of time. I'm just waiting for the New 52 to give him the kind of feats that Vertigo gave him.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I agree.
Constantine tricksted the Hell lords himself. :)
Reading this is so much fun than reading Batman. ^^

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Batman and JohnCon are easily the most dangerous men on the planet.

Picking one over the other would be impossible.

Jmarshmallow

I would say JonCon was more dangerous for the simple reason his morals are more laxed and magic adds a bit more verstility for dealing with threats that have less weakness's.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: i am suggesting the being dangerous comes down to the characters nature not ability or potential there is a very good reason why more people are scared of batman than superman. ... there also a very good reason why people fear mental health patients or people on drugs it because they can talk to one second and the next there stabbing there unpredictability is what makes them dangerous.. now Constantine is a darker hero and a con-man so he is half way there but i cant say and maybe you can answer the question how dark is Constantine ?? what is he willing to do to achieve his own mean to an end ??

Constantine is an antihero so naturally he has the morals of an antihero. He won't take an innocents life but he will do whatever it takes for his own needs, weather it be saving the world because he lives on it or making sure he doesn't go to hell because he attempted suicide in his teens. He's definitely one of the most morally gray characters in comics. I do disagree though, I don't think you have to be mentally unstable or paranoid to be dangerous, having the potential to do something and also having the ability to do it also makes you very dangerous. Lex Luthor is very dangerous because of his wealth and power but he is nowhere near as dangerous as Constantine is IMO but then again Lex is also dangerous because of his morals so you do have a good point there. But here's another thing to take into consideration. What if someone like Superman who isn't regarded as dangerous because of his morals went evil? Via mind control or mental trauma.. Then that person who isn't considered dangerous suddenly becomes the most dangerous man on earth.. same thing with Batman, if someone hypothetically put him under intense mind control, he could possibily be more dangerous than Supes with his extraordinary intellect.. See what I'm saying?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Absolutely

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@koshi_waza88: John Constantine tricked the devil (all of them) and made the Presence think twice.

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By timelord786

Batman is the most dangerous man if he chooses to be. The most powerful beings on the planets are people he would call friends and because of that he has ways of taking them down. As well as this he pretty much know the weakness of most of the monster he or the league have fought and is not afraid of exploiting it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Corrigan, Lex Luthor, and Batman are all up there with him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By ComicStooge

Constantine is more dangerous than Batman.That guy always has his own agenda.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deadgod

John have saved the world many times ; escaped from hell many times; tricked First of the Fallen many times & got him killed too; tricked Merlin; tricked Archangel Gabriel (and this guy owned Lucifer Morningstar in battle); convinced The God to save him, hacked into Batman's computer, manipulated so many mortals & supernatural beings & also Dracula have described him as "One of the most intelligent, able, and daring occult figures that's ever lived."

So Yeah Constantine is lot above than Batman.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the most dangerous man if he chooses to be. The most powerful beings on the planets are people he would call friends and because of that he has ways of taking them down. As well as this he pretty much know the weakness of most of the monster he or the league have fought and is not afraid of exploiting it.

Batman isn't as crafty, cunning and manipulative as John Constantine is and also in the New 52, it's been shown that Constantine has been keeping tabs on all the metahumans in the DC U. Like I said, John Constantine will play you like a puppet on a string without you even realizing it.. He's basically the 2nd most cunning character in all of comics right behind Lucifer Morningstar.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: that dose suggest he is dangerous though his resources he could do some nasty things but i dont know how he fair against other magical beings but he easily overcome the non-magical types.

i don't mean that you have to be mental to be dangerous just that people are dangerous through there intent Lex is one i would call dangerous as well he has money and power but is also self absorbed with little moral to keep him in check.

the problem with augmenting potential is that its limitless we can say that batman has the resources to start learning magic or manufacture a virus to kill all meta-humans but that's not in character ... or is it lol :P that the question i am trying to raise and i am starting to believe you are right about Constantine he is an anti hero and people that cross him regardless can be hurt.

While John is a great magician, he's more of the type to manipulate others to handle his problems for him i.e demons, Gabriel, vampires, God like beings etc. I think New 52 JC is definitely more magic based but Vertigo John Con definitely liked manipulating others to solve his problems for him. The guy is fearless. He's stared in the face of many Hell Lords and basically made them his personal b*tch!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@strider92: Ah, very good points!

However, I assumed we were talking about who has the most potential to be dangerous, not who's more dangerous on a usual basis?

Because obviously, on a regular basis, JonCon would be more dangerous, for the simple fact that Batman would never do something on such a large scale with his morals on.

But if he were to turn bad? They're about equal IMO.

Batman has so many options to cause MASS destruction, and he could do it without getting caught.

John Constantine is more prone to getting HIMSELF out of situations, but he's never really shown having the control and planning that Batman shows on a regular basis.

He just uses cunning to come out on top in any situation he's in.

So, it really could go either way.

In a head to head battle, either one has the potential to come out on top. Batman has displayed that he has knowledge of magic from his years working with people like Zatanna, Enchantress, and even JonCon himself. But he also has technology, better plans, the knowledge of every top-secret file the government has, he's got tabs on every supervillan he's encountered, has reverse-engineered every super-suit he's every found, has plans to deal with every threat he's encountered (which I suppose WOULD include JonCon, though he's never mentioned specifically), etc.

JonCon has his insurmountable cunning, and his knowledge of the mystic arts.

I'd say that about evens them out, since JonCon has never gone against a man as smart as Batman, and Bruce has never gone against a man as cunning as JonCon.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine is the master of improvisation.

Batman would need a lot of prep to deal with Constantine and he still has big chances to beat Batman.

Batman can outsmart Darkseid, but i am sure Constantine would find a way to make Darkseid kill himself or hurt him for a long time.

Constantine go into the Batcave, beat Alfred, got inside the Batmobile and Batman had no idea how Constantine made all of that.

Batman only think in one way to deal with him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You could notice Constantine isnt fighting back.

Johnstern41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No, Batman is more dangerous.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Meh. Alfred

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Constatine more impressive post FP or in his vertigo days???

I'm talking magic use

Magic knowledge

Wittiness

Manipulation wise

All that jazz

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine is only the most dangerous man because Lex Luthor is a super man.