• 113 results
#101 Posted by ImmortalOne (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not wrong to be a fan, but fanboys are just annoying.

#102 Posted by Homer_X (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Depends on your level if fanboyism

#103 Edited by nintendork666 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit of a Marvel fanboy because all of my favorite characters are there, but I also enjoy reading Batman TPB's, and a few independents here and there (Buffy and Revival = <3 ). Also, I'd take Arrow over Agents of Shield any day. In fact, I think I like Green Arrow more than Hawkeye, but have never read either of their comics.

There's only so much time I have to read comics, so I'm sort of a fanboy by default. Trying to get more DC exposure though. Black Canary and Zatanna are super-babes.

#104 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have posted

@dernman said:

Depending on your definition of fanboy.

Depends on how far you take it

@kgb725 said:

Depends on your level if fanboyism

But, in my honest opinion, it is not wrong. I often see users call other users fanboys when they themselves are fanboys. I feel like being a fanboy is part of human nature when one becomes emotionally invested into a fictional character. However, there are flaws with everything in the world so there are flaws in being a fanboy.

And nobody likes an annoying fan. (+)

#105 Edited by reaverlation (17065 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

I. I would really like to see comic book readers stop acting like elites

II. (we can't change what a studio or a company does that's their choice).

III. As well as stop treating female comic book readers, writers and artists like they have no part in reading or working in comics.

I. I see that as part of the culture. I personally think people need to lighten up or suck it up. I don't see it as a big deal that fans act like elitist some times. I see it no different from the gym culture. I see guys who have worked hard for their physique and act like elitist in the gym compared to noobs or rooks like me.

People put a lot of time into learning the history of these fictional worlds and/or reading material; therefore I see no big issue with people "showing off" because that is really what they are doing in my mind.

However, I can understand why a person having a superiority complex because they know a lot of fictional information can be viewed as being silly, while a person having a superiority complex for being fit in an unfit society is viewed as being more acceptable.

II. Nope fans usually can't change a corporations direction. Arguably fans were able to change WWE's creative direction and in my opinion fans could change more if fans cared enough. I post more but this post is too long already.

III. This is still actually a problem today? Really? Swearta God. (+)

#107 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Honestly don't recall telling anyone their a fanboy...

I never said you did. :)

Everything is subjective. Therefore, in my eyes, I've seen users who I view as fanboys call other users fanboys. Again, I'm not saying you called other users fanboys but I have seen other users do this. (+)

#108 Posted by reaverlation (17065 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Yeah.I've been called that several times when the people who do call me that seem like they are themselves.

#109 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: I honestly think most of us if not all of us are fanboys, but that is just me. I do think some are annoying fanboys while others are just hardcore fans IE fanboys. But, whatever. (+)

#110 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

I. I would really like to see comic book readers stop acting like elites

II. (we can't change what a studio or a company does that's their choice).

III. As well as stop treating female comic book readers, writers and artists like they have no part in reading or working in comics.

I. I see that as part of the culture. I personally think people need to lighten up or suck it up. I don't see it as a big deal that fans act like elitist some times. I see it no different from the gym culture. I see guys who have worked hard for their physique and act like elitist in the gym compared to noobs or rooks like me.

People put a lot of time into learning the history of these fictional worlds and/or reading material; therefore I see no big issue with people "showing off" because that is really what they are doing in my mind.

However, I can understand why a person having a superiority complex because they know a lot of fictional information can be viewed as being silly, while a person having a superiority complex for being fit in an unfit society is viewed as being more acceptable.

II. Nope fans usually can't change a corporations direction. Arguably fans were able to change WWE's creative direction and in my opinion fans could change more if fans cared enough. I post more but this post is too long already.

III. This is still actually a problem today? Really? Swearta God. (+)

Number three is still happening: Janelle Asselin (who was an editor for both Disney and DC comics) got endless rape comments, sexist remarks and other forms of abuse after she critiqued the recent Teen Titans #1 cover. A lot of comic book sites called this (they called out the fans not Janelle.) However this was followed by a ridiculous T-shirt at Wonder con that somebody posted on twitter: Company defends ‘Fangirls’ T-shirt, claims ‘double standards’. So yes abusing female comic fans, writers and artists are still happening.

#111 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux is a Spider nut hugger.

Better a Spider-man nut hugger than a Wolverine claw taker!!

Morals off Spider-man can KO Wolverine!! lol!!

#112 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay:

First, I know your gonna hate my response but this is how I feel.

2nd, I wouldn't chalk the "endless rape comments, sexist remarks and other forms of abuse after she critiqued the recent Teen Titans #1 cover," as a sign that fans treat "female comic book readers, writers and artists like they have no part in reading or working in comics." For me, it is just angry fanboys being idiots to people in creative positions. It is hardly different from Dan Slott getting death treats for killing Parker last year.

The only thing that makes it different is the fact that Asselin is a female so it is more common to use sexist remarks as insults. Slott on the other hand is a male, so it wouldn't be as evil for these angry fanboys to make sexist remarks to him for killing Parker.

Third, I find the t-shirt funny and instantly thought it was about fans disliking the concept of "fanboys." I was thinking of how people dislike the "fanboys" who love Loki or more correctly the "fangirls."

I understand how one can view the shirt being evil but even if it was meant for malicious intent against women, I think the people wearing a shirt to be against female fans are more of a joke than a problem.

That is just me though.

And as far as I know most male comic book fans want more female readers. (+)

#113 Posted by woundermangirl (322 posts) - - Show Bio

i am sorry this is my support thread

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-here-loves-christopher-reeve-1557311/

#114 Posted by Penderor (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

There is difference between fanboy and stupid fanboy you know?