• 112 results
#51 Posted by longbowhunter (7087 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I think maybe its an age thing. I have a kid who turns 13 this week and more gray hairs in my head than I had last year. The battle forums tend to skew young.

#52 Posted by VanderSEXXX (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Depends on your level if fanboyism

THIS!!!

#53 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: I forgot to ask, how did you like Batman beating Slade with a couple of punches in Son of Batman? lol.

#55 Edited by Wolverine08 (42244 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by HumanRocket (8158 posts) - - Show Bio
@wolverine08 said:

@humanrocket said:

@thecheesestabber said:

Only if you are for one of the following

• Batman
  • Storm
  • Flash (Mostly Wally)
  • Pre 52 Wonder Woman
  • DeadPool (You know the Fans that read a few panels online and never a full comic)

I may not try to kill you anymore just for saying that.

Storm is goddess!

http://www.comicvine.com/storm/4005-1444/forums/to-many-ororo-munroe-1556527/#0

This is what I mean ^^^. These threads appear way too often.

#57 Edited by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14465 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no once you think about it.

#59 Posted by BlackWind (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

You can be hardcore fan of anything you want as long as you're not irrational and defending it whenever someone slightly even criticizes it

#60 Posted by PapiNacho (2408 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

If being a fanboy is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

#61 Edited by DarthAznable (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a difference between a fan and a fanboy. The latter gives the former a bad name.

#62 Posted by Night Thrasher (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody is a fanboy of something. Being an irrational douche about something you're passionate about is an entirely different matter!

#63 Posted by TimeLordScience (953 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelordscience: Glad to know someone feels the same way. I was being goaded into a debate a few weeks ago and told the person pretty much the same thing. He shot me a look like I was crazy, shrugged his shoulders and with hesitation in his voice said "Well...you like what you like...I guess".

You're not alone. The battle forum here is pretty neat. But some people take it too far when they say they don't like a comic because the writer hasn't given their favorite character "enough feats"

#64 Posted by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

If you become a really annoying and extremist fanboy yes

if you are a normal fanboy so no

#66 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

If being a fanboy is wrong..

Then nobody is right.

-Ghandi

#67 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't like debating and arguing about characters. I like the characters I like because of certain storylines, creative teams or personality traits. Who the character can take in a fight is kinda the least interesting thing for me.

I agree with that too. I hate the endless battles including the constant childish "DC vs Marvel," battle.

#68 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

If your fanaticism makes you irrational and unreasonable then yes. I have seen peoples opinions become objective fact in their mind, all because of passionate loyalty, and that is detestable to me.

#69 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see comic book readers stop acting like elites when it comes to comics, movies, TV, animation and video games: we all love comics and we are here to read them (we can't change what a studio or a company does that's their choice). As well as stop treating female comic book readers, writers and artists like they have no part in reading or working in comics.

#70 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Very wrong. Yes

#71 Posted by RustyRoy (12718 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Edited by DeathHero61 (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

Have fun being a fanboy its alright just don't be a stubborn prick.

Im a negima fanboy though

#73 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I threw up a little watching it.

#74 Posted by TheDemoGoblin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.

I guess sometimes, you can't help it.

#75 Posted by Experio (16023 posts) - - Show Bio

Of-course

#76 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a fan is good. Being a fanboy isn't. Being a fanatic is sad.

#78 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

If you get too closed minded to the point you won't listen as to why another character/story/title or whatever might be as good as your favorite then yes it's bad.

#79 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by JasonHawke (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#81 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: not after being beat up by Batman so easily...

#82 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: not after being beat up by Batman so easily...

It's fact accept it lol. Damian put the paws on him to.

#83 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I don't like it, a Batman film or game always lowball the crap out of Deathstroke, he is basically a jobber in that movie.

#84 Edited by Jeepeh (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a difference between a fan and a fanboy. The latter gives the former a bad name.

QFT.

Now another question,

If you admit you're a fanboy, are you really a fanboy? Or just a troll? xD

#85 Posted by DarthAznable (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: Depends on the context. I'll say I'm a Batman fanboy but that's just me exaggerating how big of a fan I am. I won't say something dumb like he beats Galactus.

#86 Edited by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@patrat18: I don't like it, a Batman film or game always lowball the crap out of Deathstroke, he is basically a jobber in that movie.

Lol dude i know. I was just messing with ya. In that film Ds did not have enhancements tho, that's pretty much what would happen if he didn't have them.

#87 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Lol dude i know. I was just messing with ya. In that film Ds did not have enhancements tho, that's pretty much what would happen if he didn't have them.

Nu uh

#88 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Nu uh

Lol Slade said it himself, if it wasn't for the enhancements Batman would of been all over that a$$.

#89 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@patrat18 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Nu uh

Lol Slade said it himself, if it wasn't for the enhancements Batman would of been all over that a$$.

He didn't say that

#90 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends. There's nothing wrong with loving a character, but if you get to the point where you refuse to acknowledge other people's point of views about your favorite character or you're just being nasty towards other people who are saying something different about your favorite character, then that's where the line is drawn between a good fanboy and a bad fanboy.

#91 Posted by Bigheart711 (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the level. If your shrine takes up half your house, you might have a huge problem.

#92 Edited by hyperbertha (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanboys are okay as long as they don't butt into debates.

@thecheesestabber said:

Only if you are for one of the following

• Batman
  • Storm
  • Flash (Mostly Wally)
  • Pre 52 Wonder Woman
  • DeadPool (You know the Fans that read a few panels online and never a full comic)

Storm fanboys exist? Where is Superman? Deathstroke?

#93 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only wrong when you act like a close minded, ignorant, pompous a**hole.

#94 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33426 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Edited by waezi2 (7579 posts) - - Show Bio

#96 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8106 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperbertha: Just look at The Storm Forums on CV see if you can last 5 minutes :P

#97 Edited by Aros001 (621 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Not really as long as you're not TOO annoying with it. It can lead to some irrational debate and discussions but I consider all of that to be part of the fun

To be fair, most to all our discussions are completely irrational because they involve people, things, and events that didn't actually happen and can be rewritten at any time (Brand New Day, Crisis, Flashpoint). But it is still damn fun and this image says it all:

#98 Posted by woundermangirl (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

Yes.

it ok to be a fan boy for what you love i mabe a super man love post

i started a post for my hero

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-here-loves-christopher-reeve-1557311/

#100 Posted by Spideysense44 (3457 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: nothing wrong with being a fanboy unless you keep an open mind when debating on something.