Is it possible to still be a Batman fan if you think Batman loses to Superman for a majority?

• 124 results
DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it possible to still be a Batman fan if you think Batman loses to Superman for a majority? (195 votes)

Yes, Batman fans do not necessarily think in that way 81%
No, they can't possibly be true Batman fans 17%
I don't know 2%

I've seen people calling others a disgrace to the Batman fanbase for not believing that Batman wins all the time. Even when the Batman character is pitted against someone like Marvel's Odin, or something like that.

On the other hand, I've seen people who claimed to be Batman fans but believe that Batman is overrated on the battle forums and often vehemently stated so.

What do you think? Do you think that its still possible to state that Batman loses in a fight and still be a Batman fan at the same time?

• 
K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is tied for my second favorite comic's character, and except for that ONE situation in the TDKR there aren't any other ways Batman could possibly beat superman, and he had to have Green Arrow's help to do it.

Batman is a great character and possibly the most dangerous human being on the planet, but Superman (and many others) are just WAY the Hell out of his league, no shame in that.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes, I am living proof.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. They're rational people who know that Batman is limited and still human.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yes without a doubt. Not every Batman fan is a troll on the vine despite popular belief. And anybody that votes the no option is solidifying themselves as a Batfanboy, just saying.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, you can be a fan of something and still look at it objectively.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

As a Batman fan and superhero fan in general, let me just say, superhero fights are the LEAST important component in said fandom.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman cannot beat Superman. People became obsessed with Batman and Superman fighting after TDKR, and for good reason, it was awesome. Batman used the power of Gotham City to beat down Superman in the alley his parents were killed in. It's a real tear jerker.

Batman's never beaten Superman on even terms anyway. Superman has always either been mind controlled or weakened prior to the fight. Superman cannot lose to Batman.

Batman can, however, destroy Hal Jordan because he's incredibly dull. Boring characters always lose in the end.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, you can still be true fan. You're just having an opinion. That being said, I'm one of the people who thinks Batman can beat Superman so there's that.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called common sense. So yes.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its one thing to be a fan and understand his potential, and its another thing to be completely delusional thinking he can fuck up a guy who travels faster than he can blink

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dan12456

Being a fan of something doesn't mean you have to irrationally argue in its favour no matter what...

By these peoples logic you wouldn't be a true batman fan unless you argued he could solo darkseid or the anti monitor.

I'd say understanding your fav characters limits probably means you know more about the character than these alleged "true fans".

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@playswithsquirrels: You had me going until the very end when you decided to put on the dunce cap.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can like both characters, not to mention there is nothing wrong with being objective.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone above me has already stated, VS battles are the least important part of a fandom.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 SC  Moderator

No, its literary and scientifically impossible. You have to hand in your Batman card. Batman PJ's and Batman Bobblehead. Those Batman boxers you have? Signed by Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale and George Clooney? You might as well burn it and then put it in the bin, and then burn the bin, and the burn the fire and then throw the fiery fire into the trash. That Batman mix CD you have? Eat it, you deserve the pain and stomach ulcers.

To concede ever is a sign of weakness, something a Spider-man or X-Men fan would do, in order to be "relatable", to be a true Batman fan you have to have unrealistic expectations but then met them anyway. Using determination, preparation, cunning, and will power. Ooh but watch the PC police attack me now.

Nah but for real, I rarely think in terms of who "beats who for a majority". No fictional character beats another fictional character for a majority (in an objective factual sense, creating your own parameters, criteria, context can circumvent that naturally) because you can't get a majority on infinity, well, its debatable but complex, but basically since the characters don't actually exist, they don't have to follow ant sort of logic, rule and rhyme, apart from those set by creators and to a lesser extent in a different context fans ability to interpret intent and idea. So the things that fictional characters are bound to, well they often clash with what subjective criteria's writers and fans hold or prioritize. Let me refocus though where this is all going though to put it more simply, being a fan just means you like or admire something, show enthusiasm for it, no additional obligations are necessary. Some people may be fans of characters because they 'should' lose and because thats a part of their character, as far as depicted characteristics/traits. Or they have other admirable or likable qualities or traits, not influenced or affected by supposed win/loss rations in hypothetical physical confrontations.

Personally I like Batman the dedicated, intelligent, obsessive, detective. Spending his nights doing hard work solving ghastly crimes. More so than the superhero Batman who interacts with mega powered beings, but thats just me.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who thinks batman can beat a dude who can just literally ram into him at the speed of light to kill him before he can move is either dumb or insane.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, its called not being delusional

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Yes - part of being a fan is knowing your character's limits - in a way it is one of the things that define him/her.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A true fan wouldn't care about power levels

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I like Batman wayyyy more than Superman. He's my favorite Superman. But I can tell you that Superman WILL take a majority.

starrware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think true Batman fans care about who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

Despite what the internet tells you, who wins in a fight really isn't that important.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blasphemy! Of course you can't, repent your sins and pray to Lord Chew for forgiveness. BatGod is prepped for anything and everything.

On a more serious note yes, it's called being reasonable.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the Batman PJ's reference.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, I'm a huge Batman fan and I recognize that he has never beaten Superman in any comic ever. Nor should he.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No you dirty infidel.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could you possibly think he loses to Superman when he's done this?

No Caption Provided

Batgod solos :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jashro44: This is the internet. There is no objectivity, there is only winning!

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hatemalingsia

I don't understand why this thread exists in the first place. Like seriously OP, did you proof-read your question before posting it? What exactly does this word "loses" mean? For the love of all that's holy, I can't make sense of the word "loses" next to Batman. Is that a new deprecatory term?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman

I'm a huge Batman fan and believe Batman would never win.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Yes, not all fans of Batman feel he is some unbeatable god.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

how is that? Batman did defeat Superman in Batman: Endgame.

Its not a matter of whether Batman can/cannot defeat Superman. Its a matter of likelihood. Generally speaking, most people think that Batman's chances of beating Superman are less than 50%. That is a clear condition for Batman losing in a "Batman vs Superman" standard confrontation.

But I've heard of people who think Batman has more than 50% chance of beating Superman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

@donatellorawks said:
@dernman said:

how is that? Batman did defeat Superman in Batman: Endgame.

Its not a matter of whether Batman can/cannot defeat Superman. Its a matter of likelihood. Generally speaking, most people think that Batman's chances of beating Superman are less than 50%. That is a clear condition for Batman losing in a "Batman vs Superman" standard confrontation.

But I've heard of people who think Batman has more than 50% chance of beating Superman.

I disregard bad writing. Cannon or not you have to put up with some real bad things on the whim of the writer. I'm not just talking about BvS either. Comics is filled with it.

No it's about if he's still a Batman fan if he thinks Batman loses. The majority or all fights doesn't matter. Thinking character wins or loses is irrelevant to him being a fan or not.

People are free to think whatever they want.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course you aren't a true Batman fan if you think that he would lose to Superman.

He'd even take DB Superman for a solid majority.

Avatar image for marvelcomicfan6
MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a beast with prep time. But without prep time he gets stomped by spiderman...so superman is out of the question.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a beast with prep time. But without prep time he gets stomped by spiderman...so superman is out of the question.

To be fair, even with prep, Spider-Man is still out of his League as well.

Prep is good, but unless you're John Constantine, you're not going to win everything with it. And maybe not even if you're John Constantine.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I saw a fancomic which had Superman vs Goku battle, and guess who won - Batman

When superman asked him how, he said "because I an the goddamn batman"

seriously.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman loses almost all the time to metas in first encounters. Instead of crying in a corner, he gathers data and Intel to devise a plan to attack his opponent 's weakness. Thats how he wins. Im sure he loses to Superman though because he cannot react to Supes' speed unless hes surrounded by Kryptonite or he is in his justice buster suit. Spidey isnt out of his league at all however, because the insider suit was designed for Bruce to tackle metas