#1 Edited by RogueShadow (10230 posts) - - Show Bio

She's so unintelligent and brash with her current dealings with the spirits and Unalaq. Her AV is comparably weak due to her lack of spirituality and her relationship with Mako is just too forced and such a cliche teen drama, I actually enjoy Bolin's relationship with Eska is actually more enjoyable to watch, and a potential relationship with Asami would be much better too. Basically I'm really not liking Korra. In Season 1 she was bearable and had a charismatic quality that made her likeable despite her stupidity. Now she's just stupid, impulsive and honestly, a really crappy Avatar. I hope they have a really good character arc for her, if not...

Does anyone else agree? Or do you guys like her?

#2 Posted by Ostyo (7385 posts) - - Show Bio

Hated her from day one, she's Katara 2.0, just another teacher's pet.

#3 Edited by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

During the last episode I was thinking the same thing. Her total lack of any common sense and wisdom is off putting. Sadly I'm only really watching anymore in hopes Amon shows up as a released spirit or something.

#4 Posted by Rainquility (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been rather indifferent to her existence as a character. She is there but I'm just concerned with everybody else as a whole as the story progresses. Although I could say I more specifically like Mako as a favorite character.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (40516 posts) - - Show Bio

She's quite grating.

#6 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

She's dumb. I wouldn't date her (especially when Asami is an option ;) ). She abandoned Tenzin and her dad for the probably main bad guy all in one episode. Ya I don't like her at all.

#7 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she is done being a brat now.

#8 Edited by The Stegman (23742 posts) - - Show Bio

She's like the opposite of Aang imo, and yes, she can be vexing.

#9 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

She is a great character. I am sure during the first 15 episodes of the first series, Aang didn't seem like the coolest character either. Its called development

#10 Posted by Dernman (14883 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I don't know what happened I totally read the title as Korea not Korra.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio

she's okay.

the best character is still tenzan though

#12 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

she's okay.

the best character is still tenzan though

Amon and Boomi D:<

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio

She is a great character. I am sure during the first 15 episodes of the first series, Aang didn't seem like the coolest character either. Its called development

I'm sure she'll develop but aang was at least likable. not saying korra isn't but at times i find her to make things problematic for no reason.

#15 Posted by RogueShadow (10230 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: It's not a question of cool or dorky. It's that she's impetuous and stupid. Aang had character arcs stretching across single episodes. Korra is tedious. An I did mention in the OP that I hope they have a really good Character arc. Because at the moment the ones being done are hollow and cliche.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (40516 posts) - - Show Bio

I do hope they flesh her out because of now, she's really just cliche and annoying.

#17 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

She is bad at being a Avatar, I kinda liked her at the beginning but now, *sigh* SHE LETTING A WAR BEGIN RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!!

#18 Posted by w0nd (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

teachers pet? she disobeyed him at every turn :S

#19 Posted by Ostyo (7385 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: The teachers are the creator show.

#20 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or was Aang a bad avatar at the beginning too? lol

#21 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

He was frozen in ice and had two teenagers with him, he went from that to being the greatest avatar.

Korra has teachers, an entire city, temples and stuff, yet she still sucks.

#22 Edited by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Being Avatar is a big responsibility, maybe she isn't ready for it yet. Aang thought it was too much responsibility for him too, but he did have it harder with the Fire Kingdom and being hunted every episode. Don't get me wrong I don't really like Korra atm either, but doesn't mean she can't develop into a more likable character.

#23 Posted by BlackWind (5955 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Aang a bad Avatar at the start? I'm iterally asking because I gave Korra five episodes before I gave up on it. Wasn't Korra bending multiple elements as a child? She had it far more lax than Aang did, it seems

#24 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Korra. Sure, she's been kind of bratty since the start of Book 2. But by the looks of things, that's over now. She was great in Book 1. And despite her rocky start, I have no doubt that she'll redeem herself very quickly in Book 2.

#25 Posted by JetiiMitra (8357 posts) - - Show Bio

She takes things for granted and thinks she's always right. The perfect rebellious teenager. What else would you expect from a show aimed at today's youngsters? There's no respect anymore, that's the real problem. Why, when I was a boy....

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Completely different circumstances. Korra was discovered as the Avatar from an early age and from there on out, she only received the best of training from the best bending masters. Aang was a scared boy, stuck in a massive world siege, his people wiped out and completely alone aside from Katara and Sokka. He was forced to learn three bending styles in mere months while Korra had years upon years of training.

But that's where the show's interest begins. It's clear that the creators want to largely differentiate Korra and Aang and most importantly, the worlds they lived in. Aang experienced hardship and unbelievable challenges. Korra on the other hand was basically the pampered Avatar, getting whatever she wanted really. She never had the experiences Aang had nor was she put through anything remotely similar. Those experiences, those events helped shape Aang into the person and Avatar he became.

It's essentially why I'm giving Korra a chance because what the show apparently wants to show is that Korra is going to have to change, her habits with bending and personality traits will have to adjust the ever changing world around her. She's so used to being dependant on others to help her and being "powerful" and headstrong to take on whatever comes her way that she's never really been challenged before. I'm excited and anticipating that sort of character development for Korra in this upcoming season and hopefully, more after that.

#27 Edited by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, it seems like she took a massive step backwards in terms of intelligence. What she went through and overcame in the first season should have widened her World perspective yet she's so easily manipulated its as if she has no experience what so ever. The concept of the story arc feels lazy too. Its almost the identical theme as in the Star Wars Prequels. Someone in her ear telling her that the people who really do love her and have trained her from jump street dont really know what they're talking about, they're holding her back from being the greatest Jedi, oops, Avatar, ever.

Tenzen = Yoda

Father = Obi Wan

Uncle = Emperor

Korra = Anakin

#28 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

She is annoying.

#29 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Completely different circumstances. Korra was discovered as the Avatar from an early age and from there on out, she only received the best of training from the best bending masters. Aang was a scared boy, stuck in a massive world siege, his people wiped out and completely alone aside from Katara and Sokka. He was forced to learn three bending styles in mere months while Korra had years upon years of training.

But that's where the show's interest begins. It's clear that the creators want to largely differentiate Korra and Aang and most importantly, the worlds they lived in. Aang experienced hardship and unbelievable challenges. Korra on the other hand was basically the pampered Avatar, getting whatever she wanted really. She never had the experiences Aang had nor was she put through anything remotely similar. Those experiences, those events helped shape Aang into the person and Avatar he became.

It's essentially why I'm giving Korra a chance because what the show apparently wants to show is that Korra is going to have to change, her habits with bending and personality traits will have to adjust the ever changing world around her. She's so used to being dependant on others to help her and being "powerful" and headstrong to take on whatever comes her way that she's never really been challenged before. I'm excited and anticipating that sort of character development for Korra in this upcoming season and hopefully, more after that.

I agree, and feel that by the end of the season we will see her character improve greatly.

But also, what I feel people are forgetting is while yes Korra was a pampered Avatar, I can understand her frustration with authority figures. Since she was a young child she was told of how she was the Avatar, protector of the Four Nations, yet was told she couldn't leave the Southern Water Tribe because the world was too dangerous. To her, all of those years of training were pointless as she couldn't actually use them to help people. On top of that, as we're seeing in Book Two, she's finding out that people like Tenzin and her father have been lying to her, telling her that Avatar Aang wanting her to be kept at the Southern Water Tribe, but in reality was actually them who wanted to keep her hidden from the world.

As for her being gullible. How is her trusting her uncle, someone whom appears to understand and listen to her, make her gullible. Her father lied to her, Tenzin wouldn't listen to her, so her choosing her uncle made sense as he was the only one of the three who, to Korra, actually wanted to teach her what she felt she needed to learn. To me, from what I've seen, her actions and choices make perfect sense.

#30 Posted by Squares (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, she's annoying as hell.

#31 Edited by w0nd (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

pardon?

#32 Posted by JetiiMitra (8357 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@ostyo said:

pardon?

He's saying Katara and Korra are like the creator's pet characters, and they do whatever the creator wants just because the creator wants them to do it. Blood-bending is a rare power that takes years of practice? Katara can not only blood-bend, but can do it naturally. The four elements were difficult for Aang to master? Korra can master them all before episode 1 of her show. That kind of thing. I don't necessarily agree, but it does kind of show up in the series.

#33 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1616 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand her. She has the worst type of personality and she's extremely disrespectful towards her elders. She's the reason I dropped the show in season 1 after 4 episodes.

To me Aang will always be better than her.

#34 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

THIS x1,000,000,000,000

#35 Posted by TommyJones1945 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra was barely tolerable during the 1st season. In season 2, she's a full blown annoyance. Don't think I can hang on to watch the rest of the season. A show without a decent main character always falls flat on its @$$.

CIN.

#36 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand her. She has the worst type of personality and she's extremely disrespectful towards her elders. She's the reason I dropped the show in season 1 after 4 episodes.

To me Aang will always be better than her.

I'm sure almost 100% of Avatar fans are in agreement with you.

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i'm not even half-way into the first season--in fact, I've stopped until i miraculously regain interest--and she's just off-putting. Annoying is the perfect word to describe her.

#38 Posted by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a teenager all what you just stated is how most teenagers are including me at that age. So far in this series I'm enjoying the relationship or there lack of a relationship between Tenzen and his siblings.

#39 Posted by Hyperlight (5679 posts) - - Show Bio

she cool in her own way but i respect aang more because he made the best of his circumstances and is much more humble that she is. than again he is an air nomad

#40 Edited by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

I know we all like to look past Aang's faults because he's a loveable character but we do need to recall he ran away and abandoned a world that needed him. He had the best training from the best trainers at his disposal too before he decided to abdicate his responsibilities. I agree with you they are two completely different situations. I just think sometimes we look at Aang with rose colored glasses. He had flaws as well and he wasn't always the perfect Avatar. Let's give Korra a little slack. She is my least favorite character but she's under a lot of pressure and she gets a lot of crap but people don't realize how difficult it would be in her shoes.

#41 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@deranged_midget:

I know we all like to look past Aang's faults because he's a loveable character but we do need to recall he ran away and abandoned a world that needed him. He had the best training from the best trainers at his disposal too before he decided to abdicate his responsibilities. I agree with you they are two completely different situations. I just think sometimes we look at Aang with rose colored glasses sometimes. He had flaws as well and he wasn't always the perfect Avatar. Let's give Korra a little slack. She is my least favorite character but she's under a lot of pressure and she gets a lot of crap but people don't realize how difficult it would be in her shoes.

Did Aang know their was a war coming before he left? I don't remember him being told.

#42 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@deranged_midget:

I know we all like to look past Aang's faults because he's a loveable character but we do need to recall he ran away and abandoned a world that needed him. He had the best training from the best trainers at his disposal too before he decided to abdicate his responsibilities. I agree with you they are two completely different situations. I just think sometimes we look at Aang with rose colored glasses. He had flaws as well and he wasn't always the perfect Avatar. Let's give Korra a little slack. She is my least favorite character but she's under a lot of pressure and she gets a lot of crap but people don't realize how difficult it would be in her shoes.

I'm not saying that Aang was perfect nor that he lacked flaws. Both Korra and Aang were/are put in difficult positions, I'm just merely outlining the differences between the two in regards to their age and the state of the world they were living in. Korra doesn't have it easy with constant training and the world resting on her shoulders but she also grew up in a world free of war unlike Aang. On the flipside yes, Aang freaked out that he was the Avatar, didn't know to process it and ran away, and while the Fire Nation were planning to wage war on the world, they hold off until they could discover the identity of the new Avatar, hence why the Airbenders were wiped out.

#43 Edited by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Agreed completely. I wasn't really addressing you with that comment lol...though I did reply to you because your comment was a good one to dive off of.

Basically I was addressing everyone saying how bad of an avatar Korra is. Well guess what, it's probably not as easy as it looks. They should try and stop a Civil War lol, people make it sound like boom all you had to do was something easy and obvious and the whole thing would be avoided like that. They're naïve, like Senna told Korra the problems between the North and South have been growing for generations, you can't solve in one day or with one tactic. Things aren't really that cut and dry, there's layers and nuance.

Furthermore all Avatars have made mistakes or been bad at their jobs at one time or another. Look at Roku, no one would deem him a terrible Avatar but he is basically responsible for the 100 Year War. If he would have done his job none of it would ever have happened.

#44 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio

she's irritating now, but soon she'll develop. she's an anti-aang f anyone noticed.

she's a stubborn B*tch, and that's her personality. it's a different perspective aang became awesome because he was forced overcome many hardships, Korra is being spoon fed, which is NEVER good.

though that's not my problem with her. my issue is that she turns everything into a problem when she could be more considerate.

as i said. Tenzen=best character ever

#45 Posted by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Tenzin is spelled with an I

#46 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

I believe Tenzin is spelled with an I

who Cares? :P you got the idea :D