#1 Posted by kingmark14 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17479 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the first hero. Everyone is a ripoff!

#3 Posted by kingmark14 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: not EVERYONE. At least not by much. Spider Man is pretty original.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17479 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by JetiiMitra (8628 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just you.

#6 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

No he is not. Both characters are completely different.

#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5597 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers sure.

Origin and personality. No.

Hyperion is though.

#8 Edited by kingmark14 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn: ok, how? Both aliens, possess super strength,super speed,flight, heat vision, a weakness to radiation,and a certain degree of invulnerability

#9 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator is more interesting though...... (awaiting rage)

#10 Edited by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingmark14: Gladiator lives only to serve Lilandra so you can't always consider him a hero , Gladiator's strength varies depending of his confidence, he never uses his speed for combat. Also Gladiator has a mohawk.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (83579 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just you; Gladiator is Superman rip-off.

#12 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

He is, but he shouldn't feel bad. They hand Superman's powers out like candy in both universes.

#13 Posted by HumanRocket (8144 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer gladiator he catches my attention which superman has never been able to do. Enjoyed him in Annihilation and liking him in Infinity.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone always think they were the very first to notice that Gladiator is a ripoff of Superman?

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by HumanRocket (587 posts) - 4 minutes, 31 seconds ago - Show Bio

I prefer gladiator he catches my attention which superman has never been able to do. Enjoyed him in Annihilation and liking him in Infinity.

Reply Flag

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (21894 posts) - 14 seconds ago - Show Bio

Why does everyone always think they were the very first to notice that Gladiator is a ripoff of Superman?

Both of these lol

#16 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always been more or less obvious...from his name (Kallark?) to his outfit and powers. But the character has gone his own path since his origins - into a really compelling one that stands on his own.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was a "direct rip-off" Marvel would have been sued. So yea, it's just you.

#18 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It's always been more or less obvious...from his name (Kallark?) to his outfit and powers. But the character has gone his own path since his origins - into a really compelling one that stands on his own.

Agreed.

He's one of those characters that started out as complete rip-offs,but then they change completely to the point that they are a character in their own that stands on their own. (In fact,he's become a well-known character in all of comics....so,yeah).

So to only look at powers and say that he is nothing more than a Superman rip-off is kinda....idiotic. It's like seeing a forest for the trees. In this case,you are looking at one small aspect of the whole character,and judging the entire character based on that.

So,yeah,it's just you.

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6171 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was a "direct rip-off" Marvel would have been sued. So yea, it's just you.

#20 Edited by ThanoStomp (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh..... Gladiator is a rip off (I prefer tribute) to Superman, who is a rip off of........ Gladiator! (the 1930 pulp novel)

#21 Edited by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh..... Gladiator is a rip off (I prefer tribute) to Superman, who is a rip off of........ Gladiator! (the 1930 pulp novel)

Mind......blown into pieces

#22 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat me to it!

#23 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator was originally an analogue of Mon-El, which isn't much different.

But yeah, like everyone else already said, he is only a rip off in powers and red cape. Nothing else about him is all that similar