• 112 results
#101 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

are you still arguing against all logic? ;)

#102 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"are you still arguing against all logic? ;)"

Yup :D I never really get to go all fan boy so here it is. Plus its insane to think Cap is more agile then Gambit. One pic, thats it, show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move Gambit cant and I'll stop.

#103 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
Yup :D I never really get to go all fan boy so here it is. Plus its insane to think Cap is more agile then Gambit. One pic, thats it, show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move Gambit cant and I'll stop. "

lol they wont have one where he's doing something gambit can't do. there probably isnt one of spiderman doing some acrobatics that gambit cant do. anyone who uses acrobatics will have lots of pictures showing them doing crazy things. i saw a comic with the question jumping out of blue beetle's ship from five stories up or more and surviving the fall by flipping from the wall of one building to another to slow his descent. they have pics showing beast doing things that spiderman does but you know beast isn't as agile as spiderman is. so you cant just rest everything on that!

#104 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"What can Cap do, agility wise, that Gambit cant? I want pics. There are a million pics showing off Gambits agility, aren't there any of Cap? If I may use a sports analogy (bare with me)Kobe Bryant as an amazing athlete. He plays great D, He can shoot, and he can fly. He's how I picture Cap, well rounded in all areas, top level.I view Gambit as Vince Carter, doesnt play D, not a great shooter, but can jump threw the roof.Now both can sore and both have amazing agility, but Vince has a little more. "

There are plenty of images showing Caps agility. Just because he doesn't have tons of panels with afterimages running behind him doesn't mean he's not agile. I'm not looking for images that show him better than Gambit (see Apparition's post), just showing some examples of Caps agility.

Getting between a man and some bullets after they've already been fired.

Completing Beast's training program.

Doing a different training exercise of Beast's.

I understand your analogy but it doesn't work because Cap has been stated to be peak human in every area, not just pretty good all around.

#105 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
Yup :D I never really get to go all fan boy so here it is. Plus its insane to think Cap is more agile then Gambit. One pic, thats it, show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move Gambit cant and I'll stop. "

lol they wont have one where he's doing something gambit can't do. there probably isnt one of spiderman doing some acrobatics that gambit cant do. anyone who uses acrobatics will have lots of pictures showing them doing crazy things. i saw a comic with the question jumping out of blue beetle's ship from five stories up or more and surviving the fall by flipping from the wall of one building to another to slow his descent. they have pics showing beast doing things that spiderman does but you know beast isn't as agile as spiderman is. so you cant just rest everything on that!"

I actually think Beast IS as agile as Spiderman, the only difference is Spiderman can utilize his webs and pull of better moves. There are a ton of pics showing Spiderman doing moves Gambit cant. Look at Beasts gallery, look at Spiderman's gallery, look at Gambit's gallery, then look at Cap an tell me what the difference is. I'll save you the trouble, every other pic in Beasts, Spidey's and Gambits, have them doing an acrobatic move, cause thats what there known for, there agility is a major part of there character. But Cap, Cap is shown throwing punches, leading and pointing, cause thats what his character is all about, ground and pound, leadership, yes his athletic but thats not a part of his character *as much

#106 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Great pics Buck. To add to that, Cap is also described as being basic in his fighting and his movements, because he is direct. He may not be shown doing as elaborate a move because he doesnt need to. He knows what his opponent is trying to do and immediately moves to counter that, with no wasted motion.

#107 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"What can Cap do, agility wise, that Gambit cant? I want pics. There are a million pics showing off Gambits agility, aren't there any of Cap? If I may use a sports analogy (bare with me)Kobe Bryant as an amazing athlete. He plays great D, He can shoot, and he can fly. He's how I picture Cap, well rounded in all areas, top level.I view Gambit as Vince Carter, doesnt play D, not a great shooter, but can jump threw the roof.Now both can sore and both have amazing agility, but Vince has a little more. "

There are plenty of images showing Caps agility. Just because he doesn't have tons of panels with afterimages running behind him doesn't mean he's not agile. I'm not looking for images that show him better than Gambit (see Apparition's post), just showing some examples of Caps agility.

Getting between a man and some bullets after they've already been fired.

Completing Beast's training program.

Doing a different training exercise of Beast's.

I understand your analogy but it doesn't work because Cap has been stated to be peak human in every area, not just pretty good all around.

"

Thank you, and I'm being serious. Those are GREAT pics and I believe there are alot of images in there showing Cap pull off moves that Gambit couldn't or hasn't been shown to do. Now haven't said that, I still believe Mutants need a different category as it pertains to Peak Human an Superhuman. For instants, channeling energy in your body to give you agility, isn't that Superhuman already?

#108 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily. If the increase in agility doesn't put him on a superhuman level, just because it's done in a way normal humans can't, doesn't make it superhuman.

#109 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Reject says:

"Great pics Buck. To add to that, Cap is also described as being basic in his fighting and his movements, because he is direct. He may not be shown doing as elaborate a move because he doesnt need to. He knows what his opponent is trying to do and immediately moves to counter that, with no wasted motion."

Cool, thanks. I hate you all :P

#110 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Thank you, and I'm being serious. Those are GREAT pics and I believe there are alot of images in there showing Cap pull off moves that Gambit couldn't or hasn't been shown to do. Now haven't said that, I still believe Mutants need a different category as it pertains to Peak Human an Superhuman. For instants, channeling energy in your body to give you agility, isn't that Superhuman already? "

Being able to channel the energy is superhuman but the level of agility you end up with may not be.

#111 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad I could help.

#112 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Reject says:

"King of Kings says:
"Thank you, and I'm being serious. Those are GREAT pics and I believe there are alot of images in there showing Cap pull off moves that Gambit couldn't or hasn't been shown to do. Now haven't said that, I still believe Mutants need a different category as it pertains to Peak Human an Superhuman. For instants, channeling energy in your body to give you agility, isn't that Superhuman already? "

Being able to channel the energy is superhuman but the level of agility you end up with may not be."

I get it! Seriously, it was driving me crazy, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Thank you, Reject, Buckshot, and especially Apple for being patient an not going off on me.

This was the answer I was looking for.