• 112 results
#51 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"what are you saying with those links? that sage is smarter than reed? but following your logic, all of the mutants should be smarter then reed. how can a mutant be below a human?"
Really they all should. Mutants are supposed to be the next step in evaluation, the reason there not shown to be in ALL aspects is bad writing by Marvel. They SHOULD be faster, smarter, and all around superior to humans. "
i dont think so. we evolved past some cave men who were actually stronger than we are. there used to be giant bears and giant crocodiles but they've evolved to be smaller and weaker. evolution doesnt mean youre better in everything. evolution just means you changed to better utilize your environment. so you could need to be weaker and slower and smaller because that's better for the world you live in."
Yes, for the world WE live in, not the Marvel U :P The Mutant Registration Act wasn't brought forth because humans were worried about the Mutants being weaker then they were. Yes Reed may be smarter then 90% of the Mutants, there are exceptions for everything. Its never been stated that Beast is the smartest Mutant but yet he's higher then Peak Human. I got off track. Gambit isnt quicker then Cap just because he's a Mutant, he's faster then Cap because one of his Mutant ability's is agility. Cap is on a level like Batman, Elektra, Daredevil, Nightwing, while Gambit is on a level of Beast, Nightcrawler, Deadpool."

it doesnt say that in marvel. gambit is near superhuman which means not superhuman. while cap is peak human, meaning if he was any better then he would be superhuman. the best gambit could get there is a tie with cap.

#52 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

It also says Cap had to work out daily to stay in peak condition. So either Marvel .com isn't a reliable source or he has to maintain a certain level of daily work outs to stay at peak, while as long as Gambit has his powers he can sit on his ass :P

#53 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"It also says Cap had to work out daily to stay in peak condition. So either Marvel .com isn't a reliable source or he has to maintain a certain level of daily work outs to stay at peak, while as long as Gambit has his powers he can sit on his ass :P"

yes he can sit there and still never ever be able to be any more agile than captain america is, even though cap works out :P

#54 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well, who's still breathing :P

#55 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol with his non peak human lungs and non peak human body while doing his non peak human acrobatic routine ;P

and that's non meaning less than...

#56 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

To bad all with all that Peak Human agility he couldn't, I don't know, not get shot :P

#57 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

It realy depends right beast being smarter then read in a certain subject beast is a renisance man sorry for the spelling hes with art and poetry paintings and all that stuff reads just plain out science subatomic molecular sturtuce kelvins and crap bt i do think beast would know more.

#58 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"To bad all with all that Peak Human agility he couldn't, I don't know, not get shot :P"

lol

#59 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"To bad all with all that Peak Human agility he couldn't, I don't know, not get shot :P"

lol cap was trying to protect that guard. that's the only reason he got shot so there :P

#60 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:

lol cap was trying to protect that guard. that's the only reason he got shot so there :P"

HAHHAHAHA. A hero to the end :P"

we see were being such a good hero got him :P

#61 Posted by Eternus (692 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i didn't read everything on here but everyone in comics is judged on a human scale. with most people there is prolly a gray area that you have to consider, but the superhuman people are the ones that can lift huge things without breaking a sweat. for peak human people they can lift a lot and whatnot but its very tiring for them to do these things, not so for super human.

#62 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:

lol cap was trying to protect that guard. that's the only reason he got shot so there :P"

HAHHAHAHA. A hero to the end :P

#63 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:

that was him alright. the perfect hero."

perfect hero? I don't know about that

#64 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"It realy depends right beast being smarter then read in a certain subject beast is a renisance man sorry for the spelling hes with art and poetry paintings and all that stuff reads just plain out science subatomic molecular sturtuce kelvins and crap bt i do think beast would know more."

umm reed's a renaisance man too zee. if there were 30 scientific subjects then reed would be smarter in at least 25 of them. and intelligence and knowledge aren't quite the same thing. you can be smarter then someone and still not know as much about say hockey, as they do.

#65 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:

that was him alright. the perfect hero.

#66 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
perfect hero? I don't know about that"

not in powers or anything like that, but in what makes a hero a hero. the willingness to always sacrifice himself for others."

I understand what you meant and I still wouldn't call him the perfect hero

#67 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:

not in powers or anything like that, but in what makes a hero a hero. the willingness to always sacrifice himself for others.

#68 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"zee crusher says:
"It realy depends right beast being smarter then read in a certain subject beast is a renisance man sorry for the spelling hes with art and poetry paintings and all that stuff reads just plain out science subatomic molecular sturtuce kelvins and crap bt i do think beast would know more."

umm reed's a renaisance man too zee. if there were 30 scientific subjects then reed would be smarter in at least 25 of them. and intelligence and knowledge aren't quite the same thing. you can be smarter then someone and still not know as much about say hockey, as they do."

Beast is a genius in Genetics. He's on the cusp of creating a Mutant Gene. Don't tell me he ain't smarter then Reed. Building a robot with A.I. isn't even close to genetic manipulation.

"

Reed is more intelligent than Beast, Beast just has more knowledge when it comes to genetics

#69 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#70 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#71 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"zee crusher says:

umm reed's a renaisance man too zee. if there were 30 scientific subjects then reed would be smarter in at least 25 of them. and intelligence and knowledge aren't quite the same thing. you can be smarter then someone and still not know as much about say hockey, as they do."

Beast is a genius in Genetics. He's on the cusp of creating a Mutant Gene. Don't tell me he ain't smarter then Reed. Building a robot with A.I. isn't even close to genetic manipulation.

"

Reed is more intelligent than Beast, Beast just has more knowledge when it comes to genetics"

Yeah your right.

#72 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Apparition says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
not in powers or anything like that, but in what makes a hero a hero. the willingness to always sacrifice himself for others."
I understand what you meant and I still wouldn't call him the perfect hero"

ok but i would.

#73 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"ok but i would."

that's cool

#74 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler, just listen to Apparition, everything she's said so far is correct.

#75 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for info, the older marvel handbooks did use a stat level called Enhanced human that sat between peak human and superhuman. This bridged the gap that people at the start of this thread mentioned.

#76 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Just for info, the older marvel handbooks did use a stat level called Enhanced human that sat between peak human and superhuman. This bridged the gap that people at the start of this thread mentioned."

I KNEW IT!!!

Buckshot says:

"Gambler, just listen to Apparition, everything she's said so far is correct."

Doesn't appear to be the case.

#77 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cap is truly more agile then Gambit, then there should be a tone of pics out there showing off his agility. Post your Cap pics and I'll post Gambits. We'll see who Marvel Artists depict as being more acrobatic.

#78 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the older handbooks actually posted Gambits agility and reaction time as Athelete, which is below Peak Human. However the Marvel Universe site, states that his energy power grants him near superhuman agility and dexterity.

With all that I have seen of the character, I would say that this is overstating things.

Tough one to call but I would say that Cap and Gambit are pretty much even with regards to agility and reaction time.

#79 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen anything mention Gambit as only being an Athlete level character in terms of agility. If he was below Peak Human why would it state near Super Human? If he was below Peak Human wouldn't it say "giving him near Peak Human agility"? Why would it skip an entire class? It wouldn't, he's already at least Peak Human (in terms of agility)

My entire argument started out saying, that there should be a class in between Peak Human (meaning NO POWERS) and Super Human. Cap is as agile as a person can be without having powers, Gambit uses his powers to give him near Super Human ability, how can he only be Peak or below, if by definition Peak Human means without powers? It doesn't make sense. Gambit has a power that makes him less agile then a human can possibly be? Thats not a power.
Post Edited:2007-10-08 08:35:29

#80 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"I've never seen anything mention Gambit as only being an Athlete level character in terms of agility. If he was below Peak Human why would it state **near Super Human**? If he was below Peak Human wouldn't it say "giving him near Peak Human agility"? Why would it skip an entire class? It wouldn't, he's already at least Peak Human (in terms of agility)My entire argument started out saying, that there should be a class in between Peak Human (meaning NO POWERS) and Super Human. Cap is as agile as a person can be without having powers, Gambit uses his powers to give him near Super Human ability, how can he only be Peak or below, if by definition Peak Human means without powers? It doesn't make sense. Gambit has a power that makes him less agile then a human can possibly be? Thats not a power.
Post Edited:2007-10-08 08:35:29"

lol but my whole point is that if peak human marks the limit between what a human can reach and what is beyond a human (which would be superhuman) then why would you need something else in between? if youre above peak human then youre already superhuman...

and agility isnt really gambit's power. his power is that he can enhance his own abilities. so if he started out with the agility of a toddler but was able to use his powers to charge himself up to olympic level, i would think that was a great power.

#81 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:
"I've never seen anything mention Gambit as only being an Athlete level character in terms of agility. If he was below Peak Human why would it state **near Super Human**? If he was below Peak Human wouldn't it say "giving him near Peak Human agility"? Why would it skip an entire class? It wouldn't, he's already at least Peak Human (in terms of agility)My entire argument started out saying, that there should be a class in between Peak Human (meaning NO POWERS) and Super Human. Cap is as agile as a person can be without having powers, Gambit uses his powers to give him near Super Human ability, how can he only be Peak or below, if by definition Peak Human means without powers? It doesn't make sense. Gambit has a power that makes him less agile then a human can possibly be? Thats not a power.
Post Edited:2007-10-08 08:35:29"

lol but my whole point is that if peak human marks the limit between what a human can reach and what is beyond a human (which would be superhuman) then why would you need something else in between? if youre above peak human then youre already superhuman...

and agility isnt really gambit's power. his power is that he can enhance his own abilities. so if he started out with the agility of a toddler but was able to use his powers to charge himself up to olympic level, i would think that was a great power."

Lmao. But no where does it state that Gambit is at Olympic level, it says Near Super Human. To me that sounds like he's closer to Super Human then he is to Peak Human, or else it would say, giving him near Peak Human, or it would say giving him Peak Human, it makes no mention about Peak Human cause he's past Peak Human but not quite Super Human, like the Creator said, there used to be a class in between, and to me thats were Gambit would rank.

#82 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

he did say there used to be. why did they get rid of it? because it doesnt make any sense. if peak human is as good as a human can be then anything over that is obviously superhuman. it just stands to reason.

#83 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"he did say there **used to** be. why did they get rid of it? because it doesnt make any sense. if peak human is as good as a human can be then anything over that is obviously superhuman. it just stands to reason."

As good as a human can be

What about a Mutant? Is Peak Human as good as an average Mutant? Is there Peak Mutant? If not there should be, and were would it rank compared to Peak Human?

#84 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"he did say there **used to** be. why did they get rid of it? because it doesnt make any sense. if peak human is as good as a human can be then anything over that is obviously superhuman. it just stands to reason."

What about a Mutant? Is Peak Human as good as an average Mutant? Is there Peak Mutant? If not there should be, and were would it rank compared to Peak Human? "

you keep bringing that up but i dont know why. gambit is a mutant so maybe he can be better then the peak human limit. but that shouldnt change the chart. if peak mutant is beyond peak human then by definition it would be classified as superhuman. so they would say gambit has superhuman agility, not near superhuman agility.

but why would you overcomplicate things like that? do you have to add a peak kree, peak skrull, peak every other type of thing that isnt human too? or can we just judge things on the human scale and if they are above peak human call them superhuman?

#85 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:

What about a Mutant? Is Peak Human as good as an average Mutant? Is there Peak Mutant? If not there should be, and were would it rank compared to Peak Human? "

gambit is a mutant so maybe he can be better then the peak human limit. "

Thats all I wanted to hear :P

#86 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:

gambit is a mutant so maybe he can be better then the peak human limit. "

Thats all I wanted to hear :P

"

dont forget the could be... because he actually isnt right now or they would have said he was superhuman :P

#87 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

The rough terms for Peak Human, Enhnaced Human and Superhuman followed this path,

Peak Human - Limit of what a human can do

Enhanced Human - Beyond the limits of a humans ability, but not staggeringly so

Superhuman - Clearly far beyond what a normal human can do

Mutants who do not possess enhanced physical abilities still fall on to the 'Human' list becuase they are basically human with a couple of mods. Magneto does not have superhuman reactions because he is a mutant. He has certain energy manipulation abilities.

Gambit seems to have been increased in power over time, like many other heroes have been. In his earlier days I don't recall him being able to use his energy to boost his agility. That seems to be achange in the last 5 - 7 years.

Prior to this as I said he was deemed athelete level - so above normal but rising to almost peak human.

It can be understood that his experiences perhaps have now lent him the knowledge to use his energy charging power to enhance his agility to this newfound level.

In which case, if he is not using his energy or is caught off guard (and thus not using it) perhaps he still has on Athelete level agility.

#88 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:

Doesn't appear to be the case."

I'm talking about what she's saying in response to your belief that just because someone is a mutant they're automatically above humans since they're the "next step in evolution".

#89 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:

Doesn't appear to be the case."

I'm talking about what she's saying in response to your belief that just because someone is a mutant they're automatically above humans since they're the "next step in evolution"."

Aren't they? I thought that was the whole premise of the X-Universe. Like I said, they didn't come up with the Mutant Registration Act because Mutants WEREN'T better then humans.

#90 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Show me. If Captain America is more agile then Gambit, show me. Show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move that Gambit couldn't. Do that and its case closed.

#91 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to know if this enhanced human category is in canon now or if that is a relic of the past. If it is not used anymore then I would go so far as to say that everything Apparition said was correct.

#92 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Reject says:

"I'd like to know if this enhanced human category is in canon now or if that is a relic of the past. If it is not used anymore then I would go so far as to say that everything Apparition said was correct."

I found that it helped distinguish between characters. However, I have not seen it used for a while as the newer handbooks use the very (and in my opinion, overly) simplistic power grid that does little to differentiate between characters.

#93 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Show me. If Captain America is more agile then Gambit, show me. Show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move that Gambit couldn't. Do that and its case closed."

Sorry but all my comics are in storage so that's a no go.

#94 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"King of Kings says:
"Show me. If Captain America is more agile then Gambit, show me. Show me one pic of Cap pulling off a move that Gambit couldn't. Do that and its case closed."

Sorry but all my comics are in storage so that's a no go.

"

I was asking anybody.

#95 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Aren't they? I thought that was the whole premise of the X-Universe. Like I said, they didn't come up with the Mutant Registration Act because Mutants WEREN'T better then humans."

I'm just repeating what's already been said, but if all mutants were better than all humans, Kitty, Leech, Doug Ramsey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Armor, Banshee, Blink, Jubilee, Lady Mastermind, Madrox, Beak, and many others would all be stronger, faster and smarter than every human on the planet. Is that the case?

#96 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Aren't they? I thought that was the whole premise of the X-Universe. Like I said, they didn't come up with the Mutant Registration Act because Mutants WEREN'T better then humans."

Youre operating off of the false premise that mutants being evolved means that they are evolved across the boards. You can be a mutant and only be different from humans in the ability to read minds. You may be below average compared to humans in every other respect but you would still be a mutant and you would still have gotten your powers from an evolution.

But on top of that, say all mutants have the potential to be better than humans in everything. That doesnt mean that they have all exceeded humans on those levels. Has it ever been stated that Gambit is a peak level mutant or even a peak level human? I've never heard it said that his agility is beyond the reach of non superpowered humans. Only that it is near superhuman.

The_Creator says:

"Reject says:
"I'd like to know if this enhanced human category is in canon now or if that is a relic of the past. If it is not used anymore then I would go so far as to say that everything Apparition said was correct."

I found that it helped distinguish between characters. However, I have not seen it used for a while as the newer handbooks use the very (and in my opinion, overly) simplistic power grid that does little to differentiate between characters.

"

I agree with you. That's why I dont discount it automatically, and wonder if it is still in canon since I have not heard any references to a class of enhanced humans.

#97 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Reject says:

"King of Kings says:

Youre operating off of the false premise that mutants being evolved means that they are evolved across the boards. You can be a mutant and only be different from humans in the ability to read minds. You may be below average compared to humans in every other respect but you would still be a mutant and you would still have gotten your powers from an evolution.

But on top of that, say all mutants have the potential to be better than humans in everything. That doesnt mean that they have all exceeded humans on those levels. Has it ever been stated that Gambit is a peak level mutant or even a peak level human? I've never heard it said that his agility is beyond the reach of non superpowered humans. Only that it is near superhuman.

The_Creator says:

"Reject says:

"

I agree with you. That's why I dont discount it automatically, and wonder if it is still in canon since I have not heard any references to a class of enhanced humans."

So what do you take away from it stating Near Super Human? Were do you believe that statement ranks him? Below Peak Human? Why would they say near Super Human is he was below Peak? Wouldn't they have instead said, Near Peak? I've asked this repeatedly and know one answers me. What does Near Super Human mean to you? Peak, below Peak? Closer to Super Human then Peak Human? What? I'm curious.

#98 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:

I'm just repeating what's already been said, but if all mutants were better than all humans, Kitty, Leech, Doug Ramsey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Armor, Banshee, Blink, Jubilee, Lady Mastermind, Madrox, Beak, and many others would all be stronger, faster and smarter than every human on the planet. Is that the case?"

Okay, I must have said something wrong. I dont care about this point. I care not one bit about this part. I merely meant that Beast and several others have stated that Mutants are the next step in human evolution an there for shouldn't there be an extra stat besides Peak Human an Super Human. Everyone says no, great, case closed.

#99 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"So what do you take away from it stating Near Super Human? Were do you believe that statement ranks him? Below Peak Human? Why would they say near Super Human is he was below Peak? Wouldn't they have instead said, Near Peak? I've asked this repeatedly and know one answers me. What does Near Super Human mean to you? Peak, below Peak? Closer to Super Human then Peak Human? What? I'm curious."

That my friend is debatable. It all depends on whether the enhanced human ranking still exists. If it does then that opens the door for it being beyond peak. But if it does not then near superhuman would mean below peak or at most equal to peak. I dont think peak human is as often brought up as a marker as superhuman is. Everything is referenced in whether it is human or superhuman, not human or peak human. So just because peak human isnt mentioned doesnt mean that it was surpassed. At least that is how I see it.

#100 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Cap do, agility wise, that Gambit cant? I want pics. There are a million pics showing off Gambits agility, aren't there any of Cap? If I may use a sports analogy (bare with me)

Kobe Bryant as an amazing athlete. He plays great D, He can shoot, and he can fly. He's how I picture Cap, well rounded in all areas, top level.

I view Gambit as Vince Carter, doesnt play D, not a great shooter, but can jump threw the roof.

Now both can sore and both have amazing agility, but Vince has a little more.