#1 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Lately I have realized that I mainly realized that I mainly read DC. Now, I have two other titles that aren't DC but only two. Currently outside of DC I read Shadowman and Savage Wolverine. Any other titles that are worthy of adding to my selection?

#2 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

INVINCIBLE!! New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and Thunderbolts.

#3 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Not what he said.

#4 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

THunderboltsssss!!,!,,!!!11111Oh yeahhhhhhhhh.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderbolts is the worse title from Marvel Now....do not listen to anyone who recommends it

#6 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5431 posts) - - Show Bio
@AustinHasten

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Not what he said.

@danhimself

Thunderbolts is the worse title from Marvel Now....do not listen to anyone who recommends it

Ok genius what would recommend since you're obviously an authority on the subject ?
Enlighten us.

@danhimself

Your opinion. The writing and story are cool , I wish someone other than Dillon was drawing it but whatever.
#7 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spider-man is pretty cool. But that's pretty much all. I'd reccomend Scarlet Spider too.

#8 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@AustinHasten

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Not what he said.

@danhimself

Ok genius what would recommend since you're obviously an authority on the subject ? Enlighten us. @danhimself Thunderbolts is the worse title from Marvel Now....do not listen to anyone who recommends it Your opinion. The writing and story are cool , I wish someone other than Dillon was drawing it but whatever.

Come on guy. Don't get all pissy because he doesn't like a comic that you like. It will be alright.

#9 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

All New X-men simply for the art... it's pretty. Story-wise it seems to be a hit or miss.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33479 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is, in fact it's one of the biggest problems in comic books

#11 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't go for Superior Spider Man. You should get Uncanny X-Men.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor God of Thunder is really good if you're looking for Marvel book.

Saga is worth checking out, and there's plenty of great webcomics if you're willing to check them out(Vattu, Sam and Fuzzy, The Dreadful..)

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5431 posts) - - Show Bio
@AustinHasten I didn't get pissy. Both of you went at me. You with the " not what he said" comment and @danhimself with the don't listen to him he likes the Thunderbolts line. If you don't agree cool but don't get slick. I asked you who do like and who would you suggest and you STILL never answered the question. So what Marvel comics would you recommend to a newb?
#14 Posted by The_Tree (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not really bad to have a favorite company, you just need to be able to recognize that other publishers are capable of telling good stories.

Image is constantly putting out quality indy titles that I'd recommend, which include:

• Chew
  • Gladstone's School for World Conquerors
  • Invincible
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode/The Legend of Luther Strode
  • The Walking Dead
  • Who is Jake Ellis?/Where is Jake Ellis?

Marvel, while not something I'm hugely into has a few great book that I'd recommend:

• The Avengers
  • Hawkeye
  • Indestructible Hulk
  • New Avengers
  • Scarlet Spider