IS IRON MAN MORE POPULAR THAN BATMAN,JAMES BOND,SUPERMAN?

• 55 results
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By MakkyD

@perezite: 1. I really need proof for that? I ask most I know to explain bond then superman. They'd know more about bond. It's common sense and experience..

2.What don't you get?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

this is what kevin feige said

"I’ve said it before and it wasn’t negotiating tactics. I believe Tony Stark is as strong a character as Batman We’re about to head into our fifth or sixth Batman – however, you wanna look at it – James Bond, etc. So, there will absolutely be future Tony Starks and future Iron Mans".

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By SoA

no if anything he ranks among them , but not surpasses them

Paul2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If Iron Man weren't involved in a movie, not many people would care about him. I still don't care about Iron Man.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaen: True, the army have been developing exoskeletons for years now.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@patrat18 said:

a guy on the website said this, i just thought i should share it

"Iron Man is a hugely popular character right now. Iconic? Not at all. Could it become one? Maybe. In a couple of decades. It would first have to survive to a few recasts (the existence of the MCU helps it in that regard), like Bond or Batman have. The fact that has working against itself? It relies way too much on RDJ. Marvel comics even started to make Tony Stark look like him.

Although another great actor could be cast in the role, I think centering the character so much around a particular interpretation could work against it in the long term.

And the box office isn't really that important when talking about cultural impact. I know you'll call me a DC fanboy for saying that, but come on. There are millions of factors in play. Shrek 2 is number 8 in the USA all time BO. Will it have cultural impact similar to number 9 (E.T)? No, and I don't need to wait 20 years to be able to say that.

Superman and Batman started to gain importance in an era where the superheroes weren't mainstream, and through various means they managed to stay in people's minds. Iron Man has appeared in an era where everything is globalized and superheroes are a trend. We can access to a lot of entertainment instantly, and our opinions have their reach maximized thanks to the internet. That's why nowadays is so easy to gain an inmense amount of popularity quickly. But that's also why, in a market overpopulated with franchises, it's going to become so much harder to become an icon."

comicbookmovie.com is that site you were visiting, right?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking as a fan of that character. No.

Either way, much as I enjoy RDJ's portrayal, comic-Tony is still my preferred incarnation of the character.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

OmnisArcanum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Superman and James Bond have survived and thrived many actors and interpretations beyond their first successful castings on tv/film. RDJ is the only successful actor to play Iron Man and Marvel obviously has a problem now they believe a lot of their success depends less on how well the character is written, what stories the character is in and more how well the superhero is played by RDJ and how much merchandise he can shift to his target audience (kids). RDJ effectively has Marvel by the balls now, they are too invested in RDJ and Marvel are afraid to reinvent the character but also seem hesitant on Iron Man solo films, which have always been average post Disney. Batman, Superman and James Bond are constantly being recast and reinvented, it is the characters, actors and engaging stories with adult themes that add to the popularity of these characters.

In short, time will tell, it is a question that can only really be answered when the role is recast, but the character is in desperate need of good stories and character depth. The only time I seen any depth to Tony stark was in the first film, I got a sense of his addictive personality and it took him to some relatively dark places compared to what the character has become post Disney. Iron Man feels more engaging in the Avengers films rather than a solo super hero.