#1 Posted by Supermaniac123 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Superman is.

#3 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

If by "man" you mean a living being, born as human altered with superpowers, and if with "strongest" as for physical strength, then yes you are right...

#4 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

If by strongest you mean greenest then yes....he is.

#5 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk will be the strongest Marvel man alive when Thor gets a sex change

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

Good point :P

#9 Edited by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

Yeah, but Hulk born as a man and he maked himself stronger, Superman born different, he had not alteration in his body, he is different...

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

Yeah, but Hulk born as a man and he maked himself stronger, Superman born different, he had not alteration in his body, he is different...

Okay, but the Hulk's strength is not present when he's a man (Bruce Banner), so I don't call or consider him a man.

Mortal? Yes. A man? No.

#11 Edited by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk will always eventually be the strongest. He would beat Supes. At first he wouldn't be strong enough but as he get's more frustrated over not being able to hurt him he would get angrier thus increasing his strength. Superman would get weaker as the Hulk got stronger. He would wear him out Doomsday style.

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero: The Hulk can't get angry enough to match Superman's strength. It's not within the scope of his powers/abilities.

#13 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@vicioushero: The Hulk can't get angry enough to match Superman's strength. It's not within the scope of his powers/abilities.

Why wouldn't he be able to get angry enough? He has unchecked rage issues lol

#14 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Okay, but the Hulk's strength is not present when he's a man (Bruce Banner), so I don't call or consider him a man. Mortal? Yes. A man? No.

Then, he is a woman :D LOL

Ok, so he is not normal human, but if he is not a human, what is him? A mutant (No that is Colossus)? An alien (no that is Superman)? A god (No that is Thor... and Hercules)? So a superhuman? Yeah, maybe, but that give to us the question, What is a superhuman? A human in nature, with attributes above the average men, but at the end just a human, isn't he, in essense he is just like any of us.

@PowerHerc said:

The Hulk can't get angry enough to match Superman's strength. It's not within the scope of his powers/abilities.

You are my hero for your great amount of common sense, that is a rare damn superpower here in the vine.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero said:

@PowerHerc said:

@vicioushero: The Hulk can't get angry enough to match Superman's strength. It's not within the scope of his powers/abilities.

Why wouldn't he be able to get angry enough? He has unchecked rage issues lol

Because Superman's power levels (including strength) are beyond his capacity for anger.

The Hulk can get as angry and angry and angry as he can, but he can't get angry enough to match, let alone surpass, Superman.

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Nope Superman is not

I would say Mr. Majestic

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread will do some damage to the self-esteem of superheroine everywhere.

#18 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman might take this actually. Even over Majestic.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

Yeah, but Hulk born as a man and he maked himself stronger, Superman born different, he had not alteration in his body, he is different...

How has Banner not had alteration to his body? He mutates into a enormous green giant and is granted unimaginable strength and has one of the fastest healing factors in the MU.

Regardless, the OP should have better specified. Superman is a male, and a man in appearance, so why doesn't he apply? Should've been specified to human.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

How has Banner not had alteration to his body?

...? I was talking about Superman, Superman had not alteration in his body...

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: My apologies, I misread.

Moderator
#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc: Nope Superman is not

I would say Mr. Majestic

Superman's strongest incarnation is leagues above Majestic. And if we go by current timelines, Majestic doesn't even exist.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deadcool: My apologies, I misread.

Or maybe I should have been mre specific...

#24 Posted by _slim_ (13609 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He is not.

Online
#25 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the strongest. End this debate my answer is final.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc: Nope Superman is not

I would say Mr. Majestic

Nope, Mr Majestic is not.

It's Superman.

(Guess we'll just have to disagree on this) :)

#27 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

Current Banner isn't even the same entity as Hulk, so this is a bit pointless until they're inevitably put back together.

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

No. SA Superman is.

#30 Posted by PeterParked (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson maybe? assuming he is Valid.

#31 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

Current Banner isn't even the same entity as Hulk, so this is a bit pointless until they're inevitably put back together.

Hence I used the word "revert". I was never referring to current Banner.

#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

Current Banner isn't even the same entity as Hulk, so this is a bit pointless until they're inevitably put back together.

Hence I used the word "revert". I was never referring to current Banner.

I guess I should of clarified(sorry, got lazy), but I was, in a way referring to the whole Hulk/Banner being human discussion. As the OP just said "HULK!!!!!!!111ONE" in the first post, I'm assuming this is current Hulk they're referring to. So, one could say that debating whether or not he's human is a bit pointless. Though I would maintain that Hulk itself isn't human, whereas Banner is. So it would depend if you want to refer to Hulk as both he and Banner, or just Hulk. The former would be half-human, while the latter is inhuman.

Sorry for that.

#33 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

But when the Hulk reverts to human form he no longer has super-strength so he's not the strongest man alive in either form.

#34 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

But when the Hulk reverts to human form he no longer has super-strength so he's not the strongest man alive in either form.

He's more man then Superman is though. If we're going by the slim definition of "man" in comic book context, then I change my nomination to Captain America.

#35 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman is the Strongest man end of point.
#36 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Deadcool said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Superman is.

But he is a kryptonian...

Yes, Superman is a Kryptonian. An alien.

But the Hulk is a mutate, hence no longer a man either.

So, imo, neither of these heroes is actually a "man" per se.

But Hulk can still revert to Banner, whereas Superman is not even of the human race to begin with.

But when the Hulk reverts to human form he no longer has super-strength so he's not the strongest man alive in either form.

He's more man then Superman is though. If we're going by the slim definition of "man" in comic book context, then I change my nomination to Captain America.

Who's more man; Superman or the Hulk is a different debate, imo.

I say they're either each considered to be a man or they're not. The Hulk in his mutated form is not a man and that's when he has the actual strength to qualify him for consideration of the title "Strongest Man Alive." Superman is an alien but has all the looks/features/physical characteristics of a human/Earthling/Terran. Superman also has full use of his immense powers (including super-strength) in his normal human-looking/man form.

I can see why Superman could be disqualified from consideration of the above stated title due to his alien origin, but the Hulk can also be disqualified for his reasons all his own. To me, neither one is human but both are indeed men.

#37 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

Superman is the Strongest man end of point.

Me gusta

#38 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc: Nope Superman is not

I would say Mr. Majestic

Nope, Mr Majestic is not.

It's Superman.

(Guess we'll just have to disagree on this) :)

I guess :P

#39 Posted by jloneblackheart (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the strongest Hulk there is...

And the person you are looking for is Popeye.

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart:

No Guile

#41 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman isn't even the strongest in Dc 'standard superman' Darksied and others are meant to be stronger. Anyway this topic has been done to death and comes down to whoever you prefer anyway.