#1 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

In the New 52 Justice League comic Hal Jordan leaves the Justice League to clear their name. My question is, is he coming back.

#2 Posted by SmoothJammin (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not anytime soon.

#3 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually, just not anytime soon.

#4 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Why?

@mk111: When do you think?

#5 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL:

Hard to say. I suppose once he finishes up the whole Black Lantern thing in his own comic series.

#6 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: Yeah, I want him to him come back ASAP though, but I also think it's kinda cool what he did for the Justice League, and it wouldn't be as cool if he came back right away. Oh by the way my friend told me Hal is dead is that true?

#7 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL:

I believe so. From what I've heard, he is in the process of becoming a Black Lantern. Sinestro also died.

#8 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: Does the Black Lantern corps reserect people.

#9 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL:

Yup. The Black Lanterns are, basically, zombies.

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Simon so hopefully not anytime soon. But eventually, of course.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is my favorite GL, I hope he returns soon!

#12 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: Cool but how does he return to normal.

@KnightRise: Simon is going to be on the Justice League of America I think.

@evilvegeta74: Yeah me too.

#13 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL:

I think only the White Lanterns can "heal" the Black ones, but I think it depends on who is leading the Black Lanterns.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: I believe you're correct which would set up kyle Rayner to help ressurect Hal Jordan again!

#15 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: Ok

#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7555 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think anytime soon he will be coming back to the team

#17 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: I just hope he comes back at all I can wait.

#18 Posted by Sean2206 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a good place to ask but I'm currently working my way through GL (got first two trades then getting single issues) and GL;NG and GLC on Comixology and I'm wondering I know Hal "dies" but I've seen panels online where the ring tells him and Sinestro their dead so are they actually dead or are they in some kind of black lantern prison also in the GL:NG #0 issue Carol says Hal must be alive if she still has power so does the world think their dead and they're not really or what's going on ?

But yeah whatever going on with Hal hope he comes back soon haven't read any Baz yet but Hal would kinda tie for my favorite GL with Kyle.

#19 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sean2206: John Stewart is awesome too.

#20 Posted by Dernman (15709 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he comes back as soon as possible and I hope the whole Black Lantern thing is over quickly.

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

its Hal. he always comes back.

#22 Edited by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Simon actually makes an interesting Green Lantern. But Hal will probably come back.

#23 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's practically impossible to predict the direction any of the characters or titles will take in DC's "new" 52. As Johns continues to write Green Lantern, I could easily see him leaving the Green Lantern off the Justice League roster. Johns will, inevitably, leave Justice League at some point. Whoever the new writer ends up being, the line-up will likely undergo a change, and could bring Green Lantern back into the fold. The team definitely doesn't feel right without a Green Lantern.

#24 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is the self-absorbed douche of the DC Universe. The less we have to put up with him, the better. But like a lot of crap from the silver age that should stay away, he'll be back. You can count on it.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Hal Jordan is the self-absorbed douche of the DC Universe. The less we have to put up with him, the better. But like a lot of crap from the silver age that should stay away, he'll be back. You can count on it.

someone's sippin that haterade.

#26 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea he wasn't the Green Lantern of the main Green Lantern series up until yesterday... that makes me sad.

#27 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My green crystal ball says Hal will be back soon after the writer is done with his obligatory ethnic character fix.

#28 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: He's not I looked it up online and it said he was, I was going to start collecting the series, you sure?

#29 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: Hold up, sorry if I sound rude, but can you phrase that differently? I just don't understand your question, sorry

#30 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: Yeah sorry...Is Hal Jordan in the comic "Green Lantern",because I read that online, and I was going to get the series, but if he's not I might not get it.

#31 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: I think he's in it at first, but then it shifts focus to the new Green Lantern

#32 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: Wait what's his name Simon right?

#33 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: Simon baz I think yeah

#34 Posted by NovaDawg (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or is the Green Lantern series the place where DC likes to try and shoe horn diversity into the universe instead of actually creating a totally new character.

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, eventually. It's Hal Jordan for crying out loud!

#36 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@NovaDawg: I know Dc is like how do we make another hero with a different race, oh let's make him a Green Lantern because you can just hand out a power ring to anyone LOL.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Yeah I just love Green Lantern so much on the JL, waiting can be hard.

#37 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's coming back in Green Lantern #18

#38 Posted by Jayc1324 (13398 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: he's probably returning to the league when Darkseid returns

#39 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is the self-absorbed douche of the DC Universe.

Yeah, and to me, that's entertaining/interesting. *shrug*

#40 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (2777 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so. The jl book has been worsr off since he left.

Beata

#41 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio