Is Green Lantern:New Guardians any good?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

title

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheFirstLantern

@jeanralphio: i like it more than Green Lantern. it really depends on who is your preferred earth lantern.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes, it is good. I think it's a very underrated book actually. It doesn't have any explosive events like Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, etc. but its a good, fun book.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alak

@thefirstlantern: I'm with you. I prefer it over the other New 52 Lantern books.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good book not great but good. The new story arc after Relic is taking shape and I like the new relationship between Carol and Kyle.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's good. If you like Kyle, then it's worth checking out.

GL: Corps, if you like John

GL, if you like Hal

and Red Lantern, if you like Guy

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#1-#12 are terrific. Refused to read after that because it was no longer "New Guardians", it was just "Kyle's GL book". Also, @batmannflash: I will fight you in the motherf***in' street if you define Red Lanterns as Guy's book again.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havent read it, as the fact that like Batman the Green Lantern-verse is/was a mess insofar as it being pseudo-rebooted.

But I am posting to ask, how powerful is Kyle in this?! He's like a White Lantern, then he gets all the emotional entities, except Parallax, is he the most powerful Lantern by far? Is he beyond Ion?

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I also stopped after the first 12, but only because I only wanted to spend time on 1 or 2 books that I really wanted to read. I was tempted to pick it back up again, but are the issues after #12 really mediocre?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: I read 0 and 13, was very underwhelmed. Just didn't care anymore. It was all about how special and terrific Kyle is. The team dynamic that made the title entertaining is gone -- without it it's just another Green Lantern title.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batmannflash

@joygirl said:

#1-#12 are terrific. Refused to read after that because it was no longer "New Guardians", it was just "Kyle's GL book". Also, @batmannflash: I will fight you in the motherf***in' street if you define Red Lanterns as Guy's book again.

LOL hey I don't like Guy as a Red Lantern either but I'm just saying that if he wants a lot of Guy Gardner, the Red Lantern series would probably be the way to go

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start from issue 1, it's been one of my favorite books of the New 52 since it's beginning. (Both creative teams have been great.) The latest issue is a good jumping on point if you don't want to read to much, though. It's an awesome new planet with awesome new characters.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@joygirl said:

LOL hey I don't like Guy as a Red Lantern either but I'm just saying that if he wants a lot of Guy Gardner, the Red Lantern series would probably be the way to go

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? I'm reading Red Lanterns and Guy is great as a red.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: SILENCE, KNAVE, LEST I BEHEAD THEE FOR THY INSOLENCE.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: I would much rather have Atrocitus or Bleez leading

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By 2chimcha3

After issue 12 there were no more new guardians which doesn't make any sense but it still has to do with the different corps and i loved the story arc directly after issue 12 where Kyle has to master the emotional spectrum. After rise of the third army, its basically just Kyle and the Guardians, but it's still good imo. Which makes sense now that i write it down, because his literally with new guardians, not what we expected. However, i think the actual New Guardians will return in the near future.