Is Green Lantern good?

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As said in the title, is Green Lantern a quality series to read? Why? Why not?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

There have been a lot of writers on GL over the years so it really depends. The protagonist of Green Lantern has also swapped around a few times, so it also depends on who you are a fan of. I think the Geoff Johns New 52 Green Lantern run was great but then after he left it got kind of lame. God Head was a good event.

I think the best lantern book ever was Charles Soule's Red Lanterns run. New Guardians was also really good up till the Third Army event.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

depends

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I agree with you there, I loved new guardians. Shame its not carrying on though.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Was his Red Lantern run New52? Of so, which issues/Volume?

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything including Geoff Johns is awesome :)

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yes

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

The majority of Geoff Johns' run and Moore's Tales of the corps are the only good Green Lantern stories I have read.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: It was new 52 I don't know what issues or volumes. I think it was around 20 up till the end.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Is there a main protagonist or does it focus on the Red Lanterns as a whole?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@hocko1999_virus said:

@teerack: Is there a main protagonist or does it focus on the Red Lanterns as a whole?

Issues 1-20 are written by Peter Milligan and it's very serious. It's focuses on Atrocitus, Bleez, and Rankorr. It also introduces Ratchet, Zilius Zox, Dex-Starr, and Skallox who are other red lanterns.

Then Charles Soule takes over at issue 21 and Guy Gardner is the new main character. The book is funny and actually adds a ton of depth to all the red lanterns who were very one dimensional before Soule started writing. Guy becomes the leader of the Red Lanterns and it turns into a team book with Guy, Rankorr, Bleez, Zox, Ratchet, and Skallox. Atrocitus and Dex aren't on Guy's side. Supergirl also gets a red ring and joins up with Guy.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Ok good. I enjoy following a central protagonist protagonist better. Also Dex-Starr's the cat isn't he?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teerack

@hocko1999_virus said:

@teerack: Ok good. I enjoy following a central protagonist protagonist better. Also Dex-Starr's the cat isn't he?

Yeah he's the cat. Soule's run is very focused around Guy though. He is the main protagonist hands down and it's probably his best character arch in since the 80s.

Think of it how New Guardians was a team book but it was still all about Kyle Raynor if that makes sense.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers