Is Green Arrow Getting Closer to His Roots?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrnoital

(This will have spoilers about the current Green Arrow story, continue at your own risk)

I've seen quite a few people saying Green Arrow is becoming too close to the show Arrow

but from what I've seen it's almost bringing him closer to his political roots, after he got some money at the end of Lemire's run and opened a homeless shelter, he was offered help by Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor, which he obviously refused due to his classic pride, going as far as to call Lex evil directly to his face

basically the only thing they made closer to the show was adding felicity while temporarily taking the other tech people(and Emiko unfortunately) out for a bit, while suggesting they'll be back, probably after this story

but they also are making this a story that brings Ollie against the "man", a super rich enemy that uses his resources and money to rule the country named John King

I personally like the idea behind this because it's a good reference to Robin Hood fighting King John

"The King" is the third richest man in America behind Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor, and he uses that to buy the loyalty of approximately 10 000 people, anywhere from the deputy mayor to the janitor

at the end of the most recent issue Ollie was even saved by Hal Jordan in his first appearance in a Green Arrow book since the New 52 started

some art looks like the next issue might have them team up, and the final issue of this story will have a larger team up including Batman

while so far the issues have only been mediocre, I do see the potential, and hope they can pick it up for the last half of this story

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sounds like a good concept with poor execution.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@xwraith: I'd say that's an apt discription