• 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

from what I've seen...no...he's never shown any kind feat that would put him anywhere near that level of strength

#3 Posted by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

from what I've seen...no...he's never shown any kind feat that would put him anywhere near that level of strength

This.

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

no he is and never will be that strong nor does he have the durability to survive a puch with that kind of strength behind it.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I can't even remember Goku showing strength above maybe 25 tons. I know he's trained under intense gravity, and smashes boulders apart, but it's nothing a lower level bruiser like The Thing or Luke Cage can't copy.

Online
#7 Edited by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku's strength feats have really only been measured in ki attacks. There is also no mentioning of a correlation between ki attacks and physical strength. So to answer your question, it's unknown. Can't prove he is or isn't as far as I am concerned. Also when comparing anyone to Goku, it is important to mention which point in the series. From the beginning to the end of DBZ Goku's strength in all areas are vastly different in several parts in the show.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no. He has hardly any good strength feats that put him anywhere near Superman's level so I fail to see how people can say he can strike harder than Superman.

#9 Posted by dondave (37615 posts) - - Show Bio

He cant

#10 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Personal opinion; No, far from it.

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

40x50 = 2000 tons in ssj1

2000x50 = 100000 tons in ssj2

100000x50 = 5000000 tons in ssj3

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku has never had to display that type of strength, but he can blow up any planet with relative ease. I think he feel like this when it comes to strength:

#12 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.

This.

Supes is my favorite comic character, but when I read that part of that issue, I just had to roll my eyes.

#13 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I remember, Goku's best showing of physical strength was holding up a city in SSJ4

#14 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Lifting strength=/=Striking strength

Who hits harder, a powerlifter or a heavyweight UFC fighter?

#15 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Personal opinion; No, far from it.

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

40x50 = 2000 tons in ssj1

2000x50 = 100000 tons in ssj2

100000x50 = 5000000 tons in ssj3

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

You have to consider the fact that he was also on the Kai's planet where gravity was x10. So he was actually lifting 400 tons at base form.

#16 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.
Ha. I was gonna say that.
#17 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raizex said:

Lifting strength=/=Striking strength

Who hits harder, a powerlifter or a heavyweight UFC fighter?

bingo. It comes down to whether we're asking who could lift & throw some heavy object (or perhaps lift to save people), or punch harder in a fight. Punching's much more dependent on strike speed (the explosiveness/acceleration of your movement). (However, since the masses of their arms would be close enough to the same (not-high), and there really isn't a speed to create the total energy released in their respective punches, they (along with any super-person) are probably channeling additional energy through their punches. Goku with his Ki and Superman w/e he may have (not sun-energy alone, he couldn't gather enough of that (in a lifetime) to get the amount needed for his feats, but that's a different tale for another thread. All hyper-strong guys should just get their energy from matter+anti-matter like Blue Marvel does, easiest way to huge amounts of it).

#18 Posted by Teerack (6432 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd assume energy kai blastes Goku's pushed back had enough force to way much more then that.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He has to be super strong, he's carrying the hopes and dreams of a Justice League movie on his back.

#20 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raizex said:

@Skunkstein said:

Personal opinion; No, far from it.

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

40x50 = 2000 tons in ssj1

2000x50 = 100000 tons in ssj2

100000x50 = 5000000 tons in ssj3

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

You have to consider the fact that he was also on the Kai's planet where gravity was x10. So he was actually lifting 400 tons at base form.

Yes... thats a theory, but to be fair.. Kais planet was destroyed and we dont know where he was training, its only speculation that the gravity was x10. It would make sense that Kai would choose a place with a higher gravity that earth for training purposes, but again it was never stated for a fact - so i wont take that into account until its been confirmed.

#21 Posted by baron2011 (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

goku can't lift that much but he can hit as hard as superman

#22 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

@Raizex said:

@Skunkstein said:

Personal opinion; No, far from it.

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

40x50 = 2000 tons in ssj1

2000x50 = 100000 tons in ssj2

100000x50 = 5000000 tons in ssj3

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

You have to consider the fact that he was also on the Kai's planet where gravity was x10. So he was actually lifting 400 tons at base form.

Yes... thats a theory, but to be fair.. Kais planet was destroyed and we dont know where he was training, its only speculation that the gravity was x10. It would make sense that Kai would choose a place with a higher gravity that earth for training purposes, but again it was never stated for a fact - so i wont take that into account until its been confirmed.

They were in Other World, which has never been stated as having higher gravity.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart:

That.. Exactly.

Also back on point is... Have Goku shown strength feets comparable to the one Superman did recently?

And even if he was training in 10x gravity he would be no way near that amount of raw power.

#24 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein: Not that I know of. Goku did train in 100x gravity though before arriving on Namek.

Just thinking, Other World shouldn't have higher gravity. When Goku went to the check in and met King Yemma, there was no increased gravity. Nor was there any on Snake Way. Only King Kai's planet had 10x gravity and hen Goku got there he had a hard time moving (but he did have weighted clothing).

Moderator
#25 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

@Skunkstein: Not that I know of. Goku did train in 100x gravity though before arriving on Namek.

Just thinking, Other World shouldn't have higher gravity. When Goku went to the check in and met King Yemma, there was no increased gravity. Nor was there any on Snake Way. Only King Kai's planet had 10x gravity and hen Goku got there he had a hard time moving (but he did have weighted clothing).

Yeah, i agree.

#26 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ was inconsistent...Goku struggle with 400 tons, yet Gohan was able to lift an jetliner. WTF???

#27 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.
#28 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Nahh. I remember snickering at this though. Good stuff lol.

#29 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

#30 Posted by Ben836 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I did calculations similar to this, without using powerlevels at all. Goku tops out at 27 billion tons possibly more, but to put it simply, No Goku can't, yet anway.

#31 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when did powerlevels equates to physical output?

#32 Posted by BlackWind (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ characters have great striking power but their lifting strength isn't impressive.

#33 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Under Earth's gravity, Superman can lift over 100,000 tons. 
 
Under outer space gravity, Superman can lift up to 6,585,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons

#34 Posted by Freefa11 (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, that picture of Superman looks much more like he's performing curling motions with his arms, not pressing motions.

Also, why doesn't he just let go of those stupid handles?

And what the heck is that thing made of that it can exert that much pressure for that long without breaking? Does adamantium exist in the New 52? Why would someone even build something like that in the first place?

I haven't read the issue, I'm just wondering if this actually an organic feat related to the story, or if it's more of a "hey guys, look how totally awesome Superman is!" kind of feat.

But no, I don't think Goku could bench press the mass of the earth. Blow it up in base form with hardly any effort? Sure. But probably not bench it.

#35 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:
Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.
Ha. I was gonna say that.

...Same here. I don't really know what DC were thinking when they approved that. Sure, Superman is strong - but never that strong (maybe GA, but not in recent years).

#36 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

Honestly, that picture of Superman looks much more like he's performing curling motions with his arms, not pressing motions.

Also, why doesn't he just let go of those stupid handles?

And what the heck is that thing made of that it can exert that much pressure for that long without breaking? Does adamantium exist in the New 52? Why would someone even build something like that in the first place?

I haven't read the issue, I'm just wondering if this actually an organic feat related to the story, or if it's more of a "hey guys, look how totally awesome Superman is!" kind of feat.

But no, I don't think Goku could bench press the mass of the earth. Blow it up in base form with hardly any effort? Sure. But probably not bench it.

LMFAO! So true!!!

#37 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

and for the record, Superman has shown things close to that before. As time goes on, he gets stronger.

#38 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I hadn't thought about this but Saiyans are kind of like the Hulk. Saiyans get stronger the more they are defeated and don't die. The Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets. The point is they both can theoretically be infinitely strong. So this could happen. But wouldn't lol.

#39 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3520 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedQueen said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:
Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.
Ha. I was gonna say that.

...Same here. I don't really know what DC were thinking when they approved that. Sure, Superman is strong - but never that strong (maybe GA, but not in recent years).

I think that's stronger than All-Star Supes, and he was supposed to be dying from being saturated with power.
#40 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

@RedQueen said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:
Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.
Ha. I was gonna say that.

...Same here. I don't really know what DC were thinking when they approved that. Sure, Superman is strong - but never that strong (maybe GA, but not in recent years).

I think that's stronger than All-Star Supes, and he was supposed to be dying from being saturated with power.

Yeah, wasn't he pushing 4 quintillion tons at the start? Pretty sure that the Earth weighs more than that.

#41 Posted by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

Yeah, and the numbers Superman WRITERS come up with are hilarious as well.

#42 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

The writers of Superman will just increase his strength accordingly to overcome any character in any form of media.

#43 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

Yeah, and the numbers Superman WRITERS come up with are hilarious as well.

Like what for example?

#44 Edited by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

Yeah, and the numbers Superman WRITERS come up with are hilarious as well.

Like what for example?

Umm...you could just look at the picture in the OP.

"5.972 Sextillion tons!" ROFLMAO

#45 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I think when it came to the whole 6 sextillion tons thing, maybe the writers were like "Is it as over the top ridiculous as Silver Age?" "Not really, it is only one planet," "then publish it."

#46 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: it's still cannon, and that is all that matters. because now I have proof that Supes is stronger than Hulk and Goku.

#47 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4807 posts) - - Show Bio
Corny!!! 
#48 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#49 Posted by XLR87T3 (2807 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is like a pistol. His projectiles are his dominate means of power, over physical force.

#50 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku was training where other fighters were training, which leans heavily toward a normal gravity area. If it were 10x gravity, King Kai and Goku would have said 400, instead of 40. That's just how far some DBZ nutcases will go...making up stuff that even the manga disproved.