Is Flash over rated ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kgb725

On the Battles forum he is a god and would drastically have a reduction in speed without the speed force imo. Is he over rated or perfect where he's at ?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@kgb725 said:

On the Battles forum he is a god and would drastically have a reduction in speed without the speed force imo.

Don't really see how that matters. Anyway no the Flash isn't over rated. He's a great character and probably one of the stronger heroes in the dc universe. When it comes to mainstream attention Flash is criminally underrated imo.

IamTheLaw85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: He's not. If anything he's been made out to be extremely overpowered lately. But as a character he's extremely underrated

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

overrated? the man doesn't get the spotlight guys like spidey or gl get, even though he is just as worthy of it

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No, he's not overrated. The only people who think that are the ones who are unfamiliar with the Flash's full power. The problem also lies with writers who don't know how to write Flash.

When people say he wins, 90% of the time they're actually right. That 10% is for the stupid battles where Flash is paired up against people like Galactus or Eternity (yeah, those exist somewhere).

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Also not sure why people always act like a powerful character is a bad thing and call everything overpowered. In a universe there has to be stronger heroes. Nothing is wrong with that at all

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope

All that stuff people say he can do...hes probably done..IDK if you want to consider that a good thing but yeah he's not being overrated.

IamTheLaw85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: well overpowered heros can come off as mary sues sometimes.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamthelaw85: Mary sues have more to do with warping the entire setting around themselves (they're bestest friends/sworn enemies of everyone else despite having shown up out of nowhere) than power level or personality, although it helps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

No, he's not overrated. The only people who think that are the ones who are unfamiliar with the Flash's full power. The problem also lies with writers who don't know how to write Flash.

When people say he wins, 90% of the time they're actually right. That 10% is for the stupid battles where Flash is paired up against people like Galactus or Eternity (yeah, those exist somewhere).

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think he's overestimated at times. Yeah, he's fast and yeah, he has IMP but he wouldn't beat Supes, MM and all the rest.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I think he's overestimated at times. Yeah, he's fast and yeah, he has IMP but he wouldn't beat Supes, MM and all the rest.

He can beat Supes,Wally ofcourse,Barry would get his ass kicked though.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Is it just me or is the term overrated becoming somewhat of a buzz word on this site? I keep seeing it tossed around a lot. Anyway I don't participate in the battle forums so I can't speak to that. But as a character I think Flash is where Iron Man was in 2007. Founding member of one of the premiere superhero teams, popular enough amongst readers, but not a household name.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@longbowhunter: Oh yes, overrated and overused are commanly misused words among comics fans to describe popular characters they don't like.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kriminal said:

overrated? the man doesn't get the spotlight guys like spidey or gl get, even though he is just as worthy of it

More worthy than GL, not nearly as worthy as Spider-Man.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

In the battle boards. HELL YEAH!!

Everywhere else no, he might actually be underrated.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's underrated.