Is Dragon Ball Super a good thing or a bad thing for the DBZ in general?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SMXLR8

I want to know if anyone has any pros and cons for this series like how does this effect DBZ in general like in battles , ect

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@smxlr8: there is no such thing like dbz super.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What's good for the battles forum =/ what's good for the series in general, my friend

Regardless I think Super is good for both.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's good for the battles forum =/ what's good for the series in general, my friend

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I find it more boring more than anything. The animation just doesn't fit the classic DBZ feel either... I honestly would of preferred if they went with the same art and animated Fairy Tail has at the moment. As I've always said I honestly didn't think GT was as bad a people say and actually enjoyed it more than Super. Regardless any full blooded DBZ fan will enjoy it and that's all that matters.

Battle wise? It will just cause more flame wars betweens three groups The Fanboys, the Neutral Logic people and the Haters. Not DBZ's fault tho.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: isn't' that the name of the new series ?

EmeraldEazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been a real good thing for the battles forum. DBZ has been getting feats that they've always thought was true for a long time, but wouldn't hold up to forum rules. Beerus getting FTL travel and destroying 2 stars has also been huge (including the movies/magna versions of the movies).

At the very least, I think it's great for people who tried to deny that Goku was capable of destroying a planet (which made no sense before BoG anyways). As for in general, it's been pretty neutral. DBS has only been a retelling of the movies so far, so its hard to say at this point.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it more boring more than anything. The animation just doesn't fit the classic DBZ feel either... I honestly would of preferred if they went with the same art and animated Fairy Tail has at the moment. As I've always said I honestly didn't think GT was as bad a people say and actually enjoyed it more than Super. Regardless any full blooded DBZ fan will enjoy it and that's all that matters.

Battle wise? It will just cause more flame wars betweens three groups The Fanboys, the Neutral Logic people and the Haters. Not DBZ's fault tho.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kyrees

super is good for everyone who yearns for another sip of dragonball.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50 said:

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gokuss4z

Pro's: it's a new dbz series.

We're actually getting feats.

The story is great.

New characters.

New transformations.

Cons: The animation has been $hitty

The fights aren't as good as Z's

Kids will just start with super.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

its better than GT

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess. The series was getting a little stale.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z: I have to agree that my biggest gripe is the animation.

LOOK AT IT

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are only a FEW screenshots, and it's all from the SSJ3 v Beerus fight, I can only imagine how horrid it'll look when things get intense.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@retconcrisis: why are you using just one episode?

Episode 11 (goku vs beerus)

http://m.imgur.com/a/ivpt2

Episode 8 (vegeta vs beerus)

http://i.imgur.com/QbIShTq.gif

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RetconCrisis

@dbzk1999: I used one episode because something similar to this happened in DBZ. Since they used different animation studios for different episodes, some episodes looked great while others looked terrible. I'm just worried that Super will go down that path too.

Sailor Moon Crystal (2014-) suffers from bad animation, and like Dragon Ball, also by Toei Ani.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: I know that they use different studios

Episode 5 went down the way it did specifically because of an animation collapse, it was out of toei' control on that one. Episode 9 they have no excuse (then again, when did episode of sabo come out?)

Besides, this isn't even the international version (which makes all the difference )http://kotaku.com/oh-the-ways-anime-changes-1256126803

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

super is good for everyone who yearns for another sip of dragonball.

Yesss!

I am just happy there is new Dragon Ball. I do like it so far though, so far its a better version of BOG (IMO), its what BOG would have been had it not had to be limited to a movie. I cant wait to see what they do with the ROF arc as well, and don't get me started on the all new material :D

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raizell

You just could ask this in dbs topic,anyway.

I'll just wait for new content.So far animation sucks most of the time with few exceptional episodes being above average.

Also Pilaf is annoying.

DBS is good thing of course just wait for new content.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's a good series. If it's gonna be over 100 episodes, it'll give the young one something to look at. I mean, DBZ is the king of anime, so it continuing will give it hype for people who haven't seen it.

But yeah, the animation isn't up to par.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: isn't' that the name of the new series ?

No it is Dragon Ball Super, not Dragon Ball Z super.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By botanix

@ryokuma100: But yeah, the animation isn't up to par.

Its not the only thing bad compared to DB/DBZ

DBS:

• bad / lazy animation
  • not funny gags ( most of them at least )
  • not interesting story, yeah ok they do battle a lot, but DB/DBZ was not only about battles. It was also about characters. We got to know them, who are they, what are they like, their strength and weaknesses etc. DBS is shallow, very shallow so far.
  • Kaio voice actor is too old, he talks so slow compared to DBZ its annoying! Its like he was forced to do this.
  • in dbz/db characters used to talk to each other a lot and some of the talk were really deep ( for grown ups ), and I do not mean en dubbing, because en dubbing is not the exact translation. It has been changed on many ocasions making it again shallow. No serious conversations in dbs here. Its like it has been made for 5 year olds at most.

So I am very, very disappointed. I do watch it but if I started with DBS, I would not watch the next episode.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Raizell

@botanix said:

@ryokuma100: But yeah, the animation isn't up to par.

Its not the only thing bad compared to DB/DBZ

DBS:

• bad / lazy animation
  • not funny gags ( most of them at least )
  • not interesting story, yeah ok they do battle a lot, but DB/DBZ was not only about battles. It was also about characters. We got to know them, who are they, what are they like, their strength and weaknesses etc. DBS is shallow, very shallow so far.
  • Kaio voice actor is too old, he talks so slow compared to DBZ its annoying! Its like he was forced to do this.
  • in dbz/db characters used to talk to each other a lot and some of the talk were really deep ( for grown ups ), and I do not mean en dubbing, because en dubbing is not the exact translation. It has been changed on many ocasions making it again shallow. No serious conversations in dbs here. Its like it has been made for 5 year olds at most.

So I am very, very disappointed. I do watch it but if I started with DBS, I would not watch the next episode.

They changed his voice actor recently.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizel:They changed his voice actor recently.

Maybe, but i just don't like it, his voice is not on pair with what is going on on the screen ( if You know what i mean ).

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chazz85

Dragonballsuper as a series so far is great excluding episode 5. For the battle fourms goku is on the way to be God of Anime in combat and renown. Seems like a perfect addition and hopefully a perfect finish to this epic franchise.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85:Dragonballsuper as a series so far is great excluding episode 5

How can anyone who previously watched DBZ not to mention DB ( op ) say DBS is great... I can't understand that. It fails on so many lvls...

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@chazz85:Dragonballsuper as a series so far is great excluding episode 5

How can anyone who previously watched DBZ not to mention DB ( op ) say DBS is great... I can't understand that. It fails on so many lvls...

Everyone has different taste pal.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Haven't seen it, but it's announcement garnered some positive reactions, which is a good thing in itself

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizel:Everyone has different taste pal.

Sure but there are things beyond taste like facts, and fact is animation is lazy, characters are boring.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@raizel:Everyone has different taste pal.

Sure but there are things beyond taste like facts, and fact is animation is lazy, characters are boring.

Only fact is animation is bad.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@botanix: Because dbz (and DB) aren't that great to begin with.

in dbz/db characters used to talk to each other a lot and some of the talk were really deep ( for grown ups ), and I do not mean en dubbing, because en dubbing is not the exact translation. It has been changed on many ocasions making it again shallow. No serious conversations in dbs here. Its like it has been made for 5 year olds at most.

I'm sorry, but THIS, is bollocks. Dragon Ball has never (and most likely will never) be deep.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999:'m sorry, but THIS, is bollocks. Dragon Ball has never (and most likely will never) be deep.

I did not mean deep in general, compare do dbs or even gt.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@botanix: it still hasn't been

Seriously, saying any part of the dragon ball franchise has been "deep" is like saying Frank Miller's Daredevil was lighthearted

Toriyama just doesn't do "deep" (which he more or less admits)

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally feel it is a bit mediocre, but it is starting to get there for me so I will definitely give it a chance.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By botanix

@dbzk1999: Seriously, saying any part of the dragon ball franchise has been "deep" is like saying Frank Miller's Daredevil was lighthearted

Do you know what: dragon ball was deep compared to dbs means? it doesnt mean db was deep it means dbs is not even close do db lvl of "deepness".

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: do you know what: dragon ball was NEVER "deep" to begin with means? It means that there were never any talk that was "deep for grown ups". DBS can't be "far" from something that was never there.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By botanix

@dbzk1999: do you know what: dragon ball was NEVER "deep" to begin with means? It means that there were never any talk that was "deep for grown ups". DBS can't be "far" from something that was never there.

I see u did not get the point, and i don't feel like explaining it. So don't bother replying, im done here.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: nah I get you're point, I just find it to be a stupid point.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They need to end first season right now and look for people that makes a better job.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Heatforce
Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Heatforce

My biggest problem with dbs is what it did to goku's character. Toriyama gave goku, one of the hardest working characters in manga, a magical power up known as god ki. Essentially toriyama is saying goku's natural abilities cap out at ss3 and he needed a power up to challenge beerus. Goku even admits he didn't like how he received his god ki because it isn't what goku would do in character. True this occurred in the BoG film, which I loved, but the power creep went exponentially over 9000 that I can't help but notice the flaw. So regardless how much goku trains with his god ki it was never a power he earned to begin with. And the implication is that all the saiyans can become a ssg in a cheap way.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: that was due to an animation collapse

Funny thing is, the guy who was animation supervisor (Tate Naoki) is probably one of the best guys you could have (IIRC, he was in charge of episode 11)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The animation in DBZ was never good. Don't know why people expected it to be good this time.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Ehhh I beg to differ. Still I think the animation issue is being blown out of proportion. Supers had one really bad episode and now all of a sudden its the end of the world.