#1 Posted by Catsnlynne (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

On the DC comics website there is an article about Deathstoke. It says, Slade underwent an experimental procedure that granted him enhanced speed, strength, and intelligence effectively making him the world's greatest soldier. Isn't that like what happened to Steve Rogers when he was given the Super Soldier serum and turned into Captain America?

#2 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is more powerful, and he's more of a villain than a superhero. Wolverine also went under a procedure (Weapon X program).

#3 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke was not used to help with a war that the USA was unsure of.

He was made to be a labrat and then, the greatest weapon of all time, for special operations missions.

He went rogue and became an assassin mercenary and started killing for prestige, money, power, and fun.

Captain America is just a nice guy who got the procedure done, and helps wherever he can.

Cap is also far less powerful than Deathstroke, and in terms of years actively lived out (i.e. not counting stasis), far younger.

Draw your own conclusions.

#4 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Deathstroke was not used to help with a war that the USA was unsure of.

He was made to be a labrat and then, the greatest weapon of all time, for special operations missions.

He went rogue and became an assassin mercenary and started killing for prestige, money, power, and fun.

Captain America is just a nice guy who got the procedure done, and helps wherever he can.

Cap is also far less powerful than Deathstroke, and in terms of years actively lived out (i.e. not counting stasis), far younger.

Draw your own conclusions.

they are like the same person

#5 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@minigunman123 said:

Deathstroke was not used to help with a war that the USA was unsure of.

He was made to be a labrat and then, the greatest weapon of all time, for special operations missions.

He went rogue and became an assassin mercenary and started killing for prestige, money, power, and fun.

Captain America is just a nice guy who got the procedure done, and helps wherever he can.

Cap is also far less powerful than Deathstroke, and in terms of years actively lived out (i.e. not counting stasis), far younger.

Draw your own conclusions.

they are like the same person

How so?

#6 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@minigunman123 said:

Deathstroke was not used to help with a war that the USA was unsure of.

He was made to be a labrat and then, the greatest weapon of all time, for special operations missions.

He went rogue and became an assassin mercenary and started killing for prestige, money, power, and fun.

Captain America is just a nice guy who got the procedure done, and helps wherever he can.

Cap is also far less powerful than Deathstroke, and in terms of years actively lived out (i.e. not counting stasis), far younger.

Draw your own conclusions.

they are like the same person

How so?

I was joking lol, they are two separate characters

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

the only similarity is this:

they're both super soldiers.

but there are millions of super soldiers in comics. it's like the most used origin story of all time, right after alien from strange planet.

joking aside, yeah, that's about it, and with logic: who would be the number one entity to want a super human under it's power? THE MILITARY. so it makes sense they are among the biggest producers of these guys

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious, has there ever been a super soldier made for police use and not military, a super cop?

#9 Posted by Dernman (15465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm curious, has there ever been a super soldier made for police use and not military, a super cop?

Like Robocop?
#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm curious, has there ever been a super soldier made for police use and not military, a super cop?

Like Robocop?

yea actually lol but in comics?

#11 Posted by Dernman (15465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Dernman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm curious, has there ever been a super soldier made for police use and not military, a super cop?

Like Robocop?

yea actually lol but in comics?

I can't think of any off the top of my head that were not supporting cast in battle suits or already had their own power.
#12 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

The only similarity is that they both went through a super-solider program. Nothing else is similar.

Online
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (25024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: They've also both kicked the crap out of people that all logic says should have been able to mop the floor with them

Online
#14 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Ah yes. I stand corrected. That too!

Online
#15 Posted by joshmightbe (25024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Other than those two things their similarities are minimal I think they may be around the same height and weight maybe not exactly but probably close.

Online
#16 Posted by The Stegman (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both Super Soldiers....that's about it.

#17 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America was created in the golden age so Deathstroke is sort of copied from Captain America. The healing power of Deathstroke is copied from Wolverine.

#18 Posted by Joygirl (20156 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is essentially Bizarro-Cap. A bad guy instead of a good guy, who got powers to become perfect rather than help out, has one eye rather than two, is old in real time rather than young in stasis-time, has a goatee where Cap would never dream of having a badass goatee, etc. Oh also he has a sword rather than a shield. But yes, the are both supersoldiers, both wear scale mail, and both have folded boots.

#19 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

...no?