#1 Posted by chaos2daworld (2 posts) - - Show Bio

i know he was born a normal human and that through weapon X program he gained the healing factor but some people still dont count him as a mutant.

#2 Posted by GodOfMischief (616 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not a mutant, he's like Spider-Man, which is a mutate I think.

#3 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodOfMischief
This. Born with X gene mutant, acquired by outside means ,mutate.
#4 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

he's a mutate

MU TA TE

UAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH it's a funny name, too bad it has no translation in my language

#5 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

except deadpools got more of a healing factor to him though.

#6 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres actually a whole deadpool book about how he trys to join the x-men and he just gets constantly shot down because they just really really really dont want him associated with them in anyway.

Its a really funny arc, the trade is called 'X marks the spot'

#7 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000: I'd been under the impression that was cancer-related, though I'll admit I haven't exactly brushed up on my Wade lore anytime recently.

#8 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: How could Cancer make DP Immortal? I mean its a deadly disease peeps die from.

#9 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000: That's true, but at base it's unwanted cell generation. If you have a healing factor to keep it from killing you, that means the parts you do want to grow back return much faster.

Like I said, that was my understanding, but I don't actually remember what led me to think that, other than the perhaps erroneous belief that I'd read it.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC Deadpool was cursed with immortality from Thanos so that he could never reunite with Lady Death.

#11 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Ok, I understand that, but How did Deadpool get that healing factor? Was he born with it, injected with something or what?

#12 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: This too. But that would just mean he couldn't stay dead, it wouldn't explain the faster regeneration.

@ImmortalT1000: There's the mutate part -- Weapon X. I frankly don't know how it works, and my knowledge is further tainted by the movies, which clearly paint a different Weapon X backstory than the comics (and I don't even know for sure that the comics are consistent on that). Like, I know X-23 was produced through Weapon X, but she was a direct clone of Wolverine (and thus carried his gene from birth). We've exhausted my current knowledge on the subject, I'm afraid.

#13 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@Mercy_: This too. But that would just mean he couldn't stay dead, it wouldn't explain the faster regeneration.

@ImmortalT1000: There's the mutate part -- Weapon X. I frankly don't know how it works, and my knowledge is further tainted by the movies, which clearly paint a different Weapon X backstory than the comics (and I don't even know for sure that the comics are consistent on that). Like, I know X-23 was produced through Weapon X, but she was a direct clone of Wolverine (and thus carried his gene from birth). We've exhausted my current knowledge on the subject, I'm afraid.

I thought Weapon X was Wolverine? I never read anything on WX, but i've googled him before and nothing, but Wolverine pictures came up. Unless their are different versions of Weapon X....

#14 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000: The Weapon X project. He was the first successful one (and again, someone please correct me if this is untrue), and then the project became more about improving upon what they'd accomplished with him. Technically Laura Kinney would be Weapon X-23 -- the twenty-third version of Weapon X, the twenty-second clone attempt of Wolverine. The project itself existed before and after Wolverine's grafting with adamantium and memory loss. It's about creating an ultimate weapon, and part of that is difficult/impossible to kill, so the healing factor is pretty much a necessity.

#15 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I wish they didnt close that comic shop around me a month ago. this makes me wanna go and read the comic. Which Weapons X comic would you recommend before reading previous ones?

#16 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000: I honestly...I honestly don't even think I've read any (other than ones dealing with X-23, in which case definitely check out Innocence Lost, because that's a fantastic book regardless of whether you want it to be or not). I'm sure, given that it's an encyclopedia, you can find plenty of good stuff right here on Comic Vine, if history's what's got you interested. Otherwise, really, someone else should step in here. I'm a newbie.

#17 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Yeah I hear yeah, I'll have to write it down. I might have to buy it on Ebay cause their arent very many comic stores around here where I live anymore. It sucks cause their use to be alot, but now a days they're rare.

Anyways I gotta jump off here, I got work at 5:45 AM so take care. Nice talking to ya.