• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

So is he a superhuman? Or is he peak human? I always thought that he was a superhuman just like Deathstroke, because both have somewhat of a healing factor and both have minds that work faster than any human mind. But now I hear people saying differently, so is cap a superhuman or a peak human?

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (36508 posts) - - Show Bio

Of-course he is superhuman..

Online
#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

he is PEAK potential of an human

So in other words he is above peak human, so a super human, but not beyond what humans can achieve through standard evolution. or something like that

He is super human but not THAT super human, just a bit above peak human

#4 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it depends on how you define what it means to be "super" human...
 
In my opinion, having an absolutely PERFECT body., that has absolutely perfect hand-eye coordination, a healing factor (not as strong as Wolverine's but it exists nonetheless), having perfect balance that matches Spider-man's (as seen long, long ago), having a mind and body capable of mastering the use of new weapons within minutes... (or is it days...)  
 
To ME, this all suggests Super human.  Consider this, without genetic alteration or super soldier formulas, or radiation treatments, or magical enhancements, is it possible for a normal human to train their body to be as perfect as Steve Roger's body is.   The answer is no...  I understand that Marvel wants to slant things to make it look as if Cap really is "only human" because that somehow makes him even MORE of a hero... But he is NOT, "only human."   He's PERFECT BODY human.... ergo, super human.

#5 Edited by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

I think it depends on how you define what it means to be "super" human... In my opinion, having an absolutely PERFECT body., that has absolutely perfect hand-eye coordination, a healing factor (not as strong as Wolverine's but it exists nonetheless), having perfect balance that matches Spider-man's (as seen long, long ago), having a mind and body capable of mastering the use of new weapons within minutes... (or is it days...) To ME, this all suggests Super human. Consider this, without genetic alteration or super soldier formulas, or radiation treatments, or magical enhancements, is it possible for a normal human to train their body to be as perfect as Steve Roger's body is. The answer is no... I understand that Marvel wants to slant things to make it look as if Cap really is "only human" because that somehow makes him even MORE of a hero... But he is NOT, "only human." He's PERFECT BODY human.... ergo, super human.

This. If a human wanted to run faster than any human ever, or to lift more weight (in 1 go) than any person ever, they'd have to train specifically for that. Athletics is all about specialization nowadays. For Cap to basically be Usain Bolt fast & also as strong as the strongest power-lifter, he'd have to be super-human - because it's not biologically possible to be capable of both feats with 1 human body.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30321 posts) - - Show Bio

He's peak human.

It essentially means he's Olympian-level in at least one category - usually more than one.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Marvel seems set on trying to make Cap really like their equivalent to Batman in that they're both supposed to be the best peak physical human beings for their respective universes, but it just doesn't add up in Cap's case when there have been examples of him in the comics punching through brick walls w/ his bare fists and in the case of the Avengers movie where he just repeatedly annihilates punching bags. Never seen Bats do anything like that.

#8 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is a superhuman. There's no doubt about it. He is not peak, no human being alive today could achieve the physical prowess he has through any exercise regimen known to man. The serum in his veins made him more than a man. Hell, it's right there in the name: "super soldier serum."

#9 Posted by Immortal777 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caps not super human but he's fans wish he was.

#10 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

@Timandm: @lightsout: summed it up perfectly so I don't really have anything to add other than answering the question.

#11 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

#12 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy

said:

he is PEAK potential of an human

So in other words he is above peak human, so a super human, but not beyond what humans can achieve through standard evolution. or something like that

He is super human but not THAT super human, just a bit above peak human

Basically this.

He isn't peak human. He is at the peak of human evolution. Meaning that a "peak human" of modern times, i.e. Batman, still isn't physically as good as him. Basically he is the next step in human evolution, and he is the peak of that. Which accounts for all the seemingly "super-human" feats he does, seeing faster than bullets, dodging bullets after they've been fired, jumping from the street to the roof of a two story building, throwing his shield through a truck the long way, being able to be proficient in every form of H2H, etc, etc, etc.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

What does his shield have to do with anything about this question? And actually Cap HAS been shot in the head, the SSS put him into a coma state while he healed from the wound... I don't have the scan of Fury explaining it, but I'll try to find it....

#13 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

#14 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

Same with most mutants in X Men, are they not superhumen?

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darth Paul
Yeah Marvel seems set on trying to make Cap really like their equivalent to Batman in that they're both supposed to be the best peak physical human beings for their respective universes, but it just doesn't add up in Cap's case when there have been examples of him in the comics punching through brick walls w/ his bare fists and in the case of the Avengers movie where he just repeatedly annihilates punching bags. Never seen Bats do anything like that.
Cap is ABOVE peak human period because if the SSS. That's why he's capable of doing all he can do. The differences between him and the Bat is DC lets Bats do almost same thing but won't admit he's superhuman.
#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

not to mention that JUST the fact that he can keep producing SSS inside his body to replenish himself is technically a super power, since no human can do that.

due to that, Cap can stay at this peak form without training or for several years and doesn't age. I mean seriously, he is superhuman, just not THAT super.

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

Same with most mutants in X Men, are they not superhumen?

THIS. that is the most useless argument against Cap being a super human EVER. There's like what, a thousand super heroes with super powers that can be killed with a bullet to the head? probably around that.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

WAIT a sec, this is even mroe ridiculous than the one before. Super humans dont get ko'd by bullets? LOOOOOOL even superhumans with regen abilities or healing factors sometimes get KO'd by bulelts to the head, even if only momentarily

#17 Posted by Teerack (5840 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.....

#18 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

Actually, they do.  Spider-man gets hurt by bullets.  If he gets shot in the head, he'd likely die.  Wolverine has been ko'd by bullets.  Deadpool has been ko'd by bullets MANY MANY times... Now, some will argue that Deadpool doesn't have a super power but rather an abherrent healing factor.  Nonetheless, he IS super human.  Cipher (a new mutant) will KILLED by a bullet.  Wall Flower (a mutant and student at the Xavier Institute) was KILLED by a bullet.
 
Super Human doesn't mean bullet proof.
#19 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Dammit man quit saying Breasts all time. Every post from you is breasts this breasts that. What were we talking about?

@Timandm: For the bullet argument would the right angle be to factor actual survivability to gunshot wounds? Meaning Cypher had a 20% chance to live, Wall Flower a 40%, then Cap would be like 80% or something to that notion?

#20 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@chasereis said:

@Teerack: Dammit man quit saying Breasts all time. Every post from you is breasts this breasts that. What were we talking about?

@Timandm: For the bullet argument would the right angle be to factor actual survivability to gunshot wounds? Meaning Cypher had a 20% chance to live, Wall Flower a 40%, then Cap would be like 80% or something to that notion?

That would be interesting...But that would require mathematical modeling and someone who understands how to model a biological system from an engineering standpoint.  Unfortunately, every time I attempt something like that, some kid who got an A in high school physics wants to argue with me and tell me how I'm not only wrong, but an idiot...   
 
But my point earlier was simply that super humans can be ko'd by a bullet.  Not ALL super humans are invulnerable.  Some are COMPLETELY vulnerable.  Johnny Storm is absolutely a super human.  But if you shoot his brains out while he's not 'flamed up', then he's going to die...  or at the very least, be knocked out.  
 
This is relevant to this thread as someone earlier wanted to make the point that Captain America could not be Super Human because he was ko'd by a bullet.  If that argument were valid then heroes such as Charles Xavier, Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and a good number of others are NOT super human because they have all, at one time or another, been ko'd, and even killed, by bullets...
#21 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: HA! That was epic. I totally agree with your statement. Hmmm, not sure how to determine it really, not without guessing. Does anyone else miss the Deluxe Edition Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe? As a concept I mean...

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37709 posts) - - Show Bio

Enhanced human.

Moderator
#23 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Thats cause some of those superhumans are part human. Like Wolverine for example has been KO'd by bullets. due to having human organs.

#24 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

Actually, they do. Spider-man gets hurt by bullets. If he gets shot in the head, he'd likely die. Wolverine has been ko'd by bullets. Deadpool has been ko'd by bullets MANY MANY times... Now, some will argue that Deadpool doesn't have a super power but rather an abherrent healing factor. Nonetheless, he IS super human. Cipher (a new mutant) will KILLED by a bullet. Wall Flower (a mutant and student at the Xavier Institute) was KILLED by a bullet. Super Human doesn't mean bullet proof.

@Captain_Yesterday

said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

Same with most mutants in X Men, are they not superhumen?

Those typical characters are partly human.

Look at the T-1000... He dont get ko'd from a shot to the head. LOL he heals just instantly, good as brand new all over again

#25 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@chasereis said:

@Teerack: Dammit man quit saying Breasts all time. Every post from you is breasts this breasts that. What were we talking about?

@Timandm: For the bullet argument would the right angle be to factor actual survivability to gunshot wounds? Meaning Cypher had a 20% chance to live, Wall Flower a 40%, then Cap would be like 80% or something to that notion?

That would be interesting...But that would require mathematical modeling and someone who understands how to model a biological system from an engineering standpoint. Unfortunately, every time I attempt something like that, some kid who got an A in high school physics wants to argue with me and tell me how I'm not only wrong, but an idiot... But my point earlier was simply that super humans can be ko'd by a bullet. Not ALL super humans are invulnerable. Some are COMPLETELY vulnerable. Johnny Storm is absolutely a super human. But if you shoot his brains out while he's not 'flamed up', then he's going to die... or at the very least, be knocked out. This is relevant to this thread as someone earlier wanted to make the point that Captain America could not be Super Human because he was ko'd by a bullet. If that argument were valid then heroes such as Charles Xavier, Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and a good number of others are NOT super human because they have all, at one time or another, been ko'd, and even killed, by bullets...

Let's not forget, Thor was even KOd by a bullet to the head...guess he's just a regular guy too.

A little anticdote, my granfather was a sergeant in WW2 and one of his soldiers was shot in the head by a German sniper, they thought he was dead, obviously, but he begins to crawl for cover not even realizing he was hit, due to adrenaline most likely. What happened is due to the range and then the bullet hitting his helmet slowed it down and changed it's trajectory enough to not penetrate the skull and instead basically travel between the skull and skin and found an exit point. For years I thought he was B.S.ing me, then I met his war buddy when he took me to a reunion and he showed me the scars, enterance about 2-3 inches above the left eye and the exit at top of skull. Crazy.

#26 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Timandm said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

Actually, they do. Spider-man gets hurt by bullets. If he gets shot in the head, he'd likely die. Wolverine has been ko'd by bullets. Deadpool has been ko'd by bullets MANY MANY times... Now, some will argue that Deadpool doesn't have a super power but rather an abherrent healing factor. Nonetheless, he IS super human. Cipher (a new mutant) will KILLED by a bullet. Wall Flower (a mutant and student at the Xavier Institute) was KILLED by a bullet. Super Human doesn't mean bullet proof.

@Captain_Yesterday

said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

Same with most mutants in X Men, are they not superhumen?

Those typical characters are partly human.

Look at the T-1000... He dont get ko'd from a shot to the head. LOL he heals just instantly, good as brand new all over again

So? He's a robot, not human. Therefore not super-HUMAN.

#27 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Timandm said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982: lmao he was lucky he didnt die.

humans in real life have been shot in the head and lived before so the scans arent a suprise. He's human. Superhumans don't get ko'd by bullets.

Actually, they do. Spider-man gets hurt by bullets. If he gets shot in the head, he'd likely die. Wolverine has been ko'd by bullets. Deadpool has been ko'd by bullets MANY MANY times... Now, some will argue that Deadpool doesn't have a super power but rather an abherrent healing factor. Nonetheless, he IS super human. Cipher (a new mutant) will KILLED by a bullet. Wall Flower (a mutant and student at the Xavier Institute) was KILLED by a bullet. Super Human doesn't mean bullet proof.

@Captain_Yesterday

said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No hes not. People only say hes superhuman just cause he has a Vibranium shield. he himself is not Vibranium. If you shoot a bullet in Captain America's head. He will Die! Quickly like a human.

Same with most mutants in X Men, are they not superhumen?

Those typical characters are partly human.

Look at the T-1000... He dont get ko'd from a shot to the head. LOL he heals just instantly, good as brand new all over again

So? He's a robot, not human. Therefore not super-HUMAN.

The T-1000 aint no damn Robot. LOL Thats something else. Robots arent made of liquid metal.

#28 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN: So let me get this straight. Mutants who are humans with the X gene aren't humans, but shapeshifting programmable metal is, but it's not a robot.... oookay.....

#29 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Then what is the T-1000? Cause it sure ain't human or even living.

#30 Edited by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Fine. Then what is the T-1000? Cause it sure ain't human or even living.

Your damn right it aint human. It aint retarded like humans are. Captain America aint Superhuman. T-1000 is Superhuman due to the fact of immortality, healing factor, can make his body parts grow and be more of a Man than what any guy will ever be...etc....etc...etc

#31 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@TERMINATORFAN: So let me get this straight. Mutants who are humans with the X gene aren't humans, but shapeshifting programmable metal is, but it's not a robot.... oookay.....

He doesnt even look like a Robot and to be a Robot, he'd have to look like one. Like the T-800 does and even he stated, they're not Robots.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14697 posts) - - Show Bio

He's an enchanced human.

#33 Edited by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN: Lol what does a robot look like? That's way too broad of a term to say something isn't a robot because it 'doesn't look like it'. There are little round vacuum cleaners that are robots.

Either way you can't say T-1000 is a superhuman and then turn around and say mutants aren't even humans, dose not compute.

#34 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

#35 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Lol what does a robot look like? That's way to broad of a term to say something isn't a robot because it 'doesn't look like it'. There are little round vacuum cleaners that a robots.

Either way you can't say T-1000 is a superhuman and then turn around and say mutants aren't even humans, dose not compute.

Robots have physical forms and harden body along with CPU's. Wheres the T-1000's cpu or batterys at? Oh nm, he dont have one. Yes you would have to look like this to be it.

You think that looks anything like this.

I don't think so.

#36 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

I know because i'm right and you're wrong like usual.

#37 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

I know because i'm right and you're wrong like usual.

No.

#38 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

I know because i'm right and you're wrong like usual.

No.

Yes. Robots don't regenerate after blown apart. =/ Robots are a piece of junk with far lower knowledge.

#39 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Darth Paul
Yeah Marvel seems set on trying to make Cap really like their equivalent to Batman in that they're both supposed to be the best peak physical human beings for their respective universes, but it just doesn't add up in Cap's case when there have been examples of him in the comics punching through brick walls w/ his bare fists and in the case of the Avengers movie where he just repeatedly annihilates punching bags. Never seen Bats do anything like that.
Cap is ABOVE peak human period because if the SSS. That's why he's capable of doing all he can do. The differences between him and the Bat is DC lets Bats do almost same thing but won't admit he's superhuman.

That's always really the one thing that's bothered me about Batman, basically all of the heroes and villains in DC are supposed to have the metagene, because it's what allows them to do the extraordinary things that they do, even the supposedly non-powered ones like him. Their metagene is supposed to just be very low-level so it only gives them above average or peak athleticism, or intelligence instead of being able to do the really super things. Even characters like the Lanterns supposedly have the metagene just b/c they're capable of having the ability to use their rings. Yet, DC won't fully admit to any of this and say that these characters are simply "human."

#40 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darth Paul said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Darth Paul
Yeah Marvel seems set on trying to make Cap really like their equivalent to Batman in that they're both supposed to be the best peak physical human beings for their respective universes, but it just doesn't add up in Cap's case when there have been examples of him in the comics punching through brick walls w/ his bare fists and in the case of the Avengers movie where he just repeatedly annihilates punching bags. Never seen Bats do anything like that.
Cap is ABOVE peak human period because if the SSS. That's why he's capable of doing all he can do. The differences between him and the Bat is DC lets Bats do almost same thing but won't admit he's superhuman.

That's always really the one thing that's bothered me about Batman, basically all of the heroes and villains in DC are supposed to have the metagene, because it's what allows them to do the extraordinary things that they do, even the supposedly non-powered ones like him. Their metagene is supposed to just be very low-level so it only gives them above average or peak athleticism, or intelligence instead of being able to do the really super things. Even characters like the Lanterns supposedly have the metagene just b/c they're capable of having the ability to use their rings. Yet, DC won't fully admit to any of this and say that these characters are simply "human."

Yea, in a way Batman and the other prominent "non powered" heroes are the most unrealistic - that they are able to achieve & maintain their barely-human levels of physical ability (b/c like I said, it's impossible to be the fastest human & the strongest) while also actually doing the crime-fighting, as well as eating, sleeping, and playing the part of their secret identities. I know Bats can function on less sleep than most people, but......COME ON!

#41 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@tg1982: Dayum!  That IS crazy...  That's a tough man!
#42 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else see the crappy logic here? You're arguing as to whether Cap is superhuman or not, but I haven't seen a single post asking or trying to define the term "superhuman."

#43 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@tg1982: Dayum! That IS crazy... That's a tough man!

Yeah,right? That guy was my hero. All he suffered was some blood loss, not even a concussion. Makes me think that there might be a real Super Soldier Serum, lol.

#44 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@tg1982 said:

@Timandm said:

@tg1982: Dayum! That IS crazy... That's a tough man!

Yeah,right? That guy was my hero. All he suffered was some blood loss, not even a concussion. Makes me think that there might be a real Super Soldier Serum, lol.

and it's in that man's body!!!  You should have collected a sample...
#45 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@tg1982 said:

@TERMINATORFAN: Fine. Whatever. this is getting off track.

I know because i'm right and you're wrong like usual.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I don't really care one way or the other.

#46 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@tg1982 said:

@Timandm said:

@tg1982: Dayum! That IS crazy... That's a tough man!

Yeah,right? That guy was my hero. All he suffered was some blood loss, not even a concussion. Makes me think that there might be a real Super Soldier Serum, lol.

and it's in that man's body!!! You should have collected a sample...

LOL. Yeah, but I was like 12, so I didn't think of it at the time. Man all that lost potential!!!!!!!

#47 Posted by Joygirl (19401 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Cap clocked at running a mile a minute? That is 2x the speed of Usain Bolt (fastest real person alive). That = Superhuman.

#48 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

Does anyone else see the crappy logic here? You're arguing as to whether Cap is superhuman or not, but I haven't seen a single post asking or trying to define the term "superhuman."

Well dictionary.com defines superhumna as....

1.above or beyond what is human; having a higher nature or greater powers than humans have: a superhuman being.

2.exceeding ordinary human power, achievement, experience, etc.: a superhuman effort.

@Joygirl said:

Wasn't Cap clocked at running a mile a minute? That is 2x the speed of Usain Bolt (fastest real person alive). That = Superhuman.

Yeah, basically. He clocked in at just over a minute. 1:13, IIRC. Where I think people get confused is Marvel has Cap at "peak human" and many people think current human, but instead Cap is at the peak of human evolution, which does make him "superhuman" by current standards. Basically in how ever long it takes for humanity to evolve to "the next step" Cap is the peak of that. Just my opinion, though.

#49 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Then I'd list him as superhuman I think. But if he's at the peak of human evolution then he's not superhuman, he's just physically superior to every other unaltered human on the planet. If he's above where humans will ever evolve then he'd be superhuman.

#50 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

@tg1982: Then I'd list him as superhuman I think. But if he's at the peak of human evolution then he's not superhuman, he's just physically superior to every other unaltered human on the planet. If he's above where humans will ever evolve then he'd be superhuman.

I guess it's all about perspective...as humans in Marvel (and real life) aren't at that evolutionary level yet it could still be percieved as superhuman. For example Cap can see faster than bullets fly, to us now that seems "superhuman" but if/when we evolve to be able to do that, then it won't seem superhuman. I look at him mostly as enhance human which is just below superhuman, but I can see how others could see him as a low level superhuman also.