Is Cap. America better than Batman ?

• 107 results
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@sideburnguru: He turns his back on the government because the government is corrupt. That's like common knowledge in Gotham. He had jason die. And Damien. And Bruce took an omega beam. He didn't die but that's akin to making the ultimate sacrifice because he didn't know it wasn't lethal. So yes it is highly debatable

Now you're just arguing your opinion against things I've never said. Have your opinion that's fine. Everybody gets to have one that's why America is great. But it's just not fact. It's not quantifiable it's not substantiated by anything. For any act of heroism you post of caps I can pull up similar acts from any number of characters. And chill with the language this is a pg site

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc said:

@sideburnguru: He turns his back on the government because the government is corrupt. That's like common knowledge in Gotham. He had jason die. And Damien. And Bruce took an omega beam. He didn't die but that's akin to making the ultimate sacrifice because he didn't know it wasn't lethal. So yes it is highly debatable

Now you're just arguing your opinion against things I've never said. Have your opinion that's fine. Everybody gets to have one that's why America is great. But it's just not fact. It's not quantifiable it's not substantiated by anything. For any act of heroism you post of caps I can pull up similar acts from any number of characters. And chill with the language this is a pg site

I said that about Captain, actually.

You didn't even reply to my noted posts. And I bet you can. Bottom line is, I'm putting up as a fact in my own mind. No one is changing it. I'm slating it is as my own fact.

Captain America will always be a better hero than Batman. It's not an opinion to me. I won't respect anyone else saying Batman is better than Cap. Cap is THEE hero. Hell, I think Superman is a better hero than Batman. I think we're done here.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: It doesn't matter if Bruce bought a 1 billion dollar set of weights. He till had to lift them.

2. Speculation here

3. He was a good man and received a gift for his honor and valor. By that standard my grandpa should have gotten the serum and then some. And just for the record millions upon millions of soldiers in ww2 would have risked their lives for their country but we're getting off topic now

4. Had to? So if Bruce slapped on a cap America uniform he'd be less effective?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I'm

Not trying to change your mind. I'm trying to debate with someone who seems to be very passionate about their point. Someone I can say I respect for having such fervor.

I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm truly sorry if I upset or offended you with my opinions.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SideburnGuru

@sog7dc said:

@sideburnguru: It doesn't matter if Bruce bought a 1 billion dollar set of weights. He till had to lift them.

2. Speculation here

3. He was a good man and received a gift for his honor and valor. By that standard my grandpa should have gotten the serum and then some. And just for the record millions upon millions of soldiers in ww2 would have risked their lives for their country but we're getting off topic now

4. Had to? So if Bruce slapped on a cap America uniform he'd be less effective?

1. Again, he got the money to the right equipment. Hell, was it really said Bruce actually worked really hard on it? Like, actual scans. Is it wrong of me to assume that maybe he just juiced up. I'm just sayin.

2. That's hardly speculation. Then again, I've doubt you've been in war or grasp the concept of what happened in those scenarios. Solider, watching close friends he worked with get shot right next to him. He doesn't have magically OP gadgets that can revive people, or access to a "lazarus pit". He doesn't get to bring them back. They're down. Bucky was a miracle. Other times? Not so much. I'm seeing Cap has seen more than Batman has x2.

3. Sure. I bet they would've. However, Cap had the most heroism worded in it apparently. He had pure dedication. He was rewarded with it because of his work. Don't change it around, because that doesn't matter. He didn't just "Get a serum". He technically worked for it. He earned it.

4. What the hell does that even have to do with anything, may I ask? I think you misunderstood me. When did I even bring up costumes? On that note, I feel if Batman dressed as something less gothic in an already gothic city, no, he wouldn't be as effective if you're asking.

@sog7dc It was a message to future posters, not just you. I seriously doubt anything a future Batfan boy, not saying you are one, but I know there's a massive army of them on this site will say can change my mind about the issue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru:

1. Yeah that's really wrong. A comic book character that uses something in a syringe to get strong? That's awful....wait a minute lol

2. I've never been but my grandfather mother and father have and they forbade me from joining the military based on their experiences so yeah. Don't go judging

3. What quantifiable work did he do to earn the steroids I mean serum

4. You said that batman "had" to use fear the batman costume depicts a man sized bat which strikes fear into the hearts of criminals. Caps costume is not anything to be afraid of. So I suggested that if batman wore a less frightening attire would he be less affective?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@sideburnguru:

1. Yeah that's really wrong. A comic book character that uses something in a syringe to get strong? That's awful....wait a minute lol

2. I've never been but my grandfather mother and father have and they forbade me from joining the military based on their experiences so yeah. Don't go judging

3. What quantifiable work did he do to earn the steroids I mean serum

4. You said that batman "had" to use fear the batman costume depicts a man sized bat which strikes fear into the hearts of criminals. Caps costume is not anything to be afraid of. So I suggested that if batman wore a less frightening attire would he be less affective?

1. More than syringe. Also, Captain America earned his treatment. Where as Bruce could've just bought the roids, and said "Eh, crime fighting time."

2. I bet they have damn good reasons why too. From the stories, hence my point about Cap dealing with more as a solider.

3. Heroes heart. Showed true bravery, and dedication. Risked his life many of times. Stood up to the bigger people he had no odds again. I could keep the list going on, and on.

4. The Bat costume helps, but I thought the fear comes from the fact he just picks up a person and lifts them off the edge of a building as one of his casual / heroic tatics. My bad. I feel if Batman didn't have the fear game, he'd be taken down easily.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By novi_homines

Captain America is the better person, the better fighter, the better hero and the better character.

This. And to add on that, Cap had the hero's mindset before he even got his powers. Batman needed that trigger.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SOG7dc

@sideburnguru:

1. Lol one guy actually uses "super steroids" while the other was doing pushups

2. Batman has dealt with just A's much if not more

3. I said quantifiable. Measurable stuff. Like tim tebow. Great guy grey leader great inspirerer but notso many quantifiable things that make him a good football player.

4. We are just on opposite ends of the spectrum and this isn't going anywhere but more repetition so I bid you a goodnight sir

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@sideburnguru:

1. Lol one guy actually uses "super steroids" while the other was doing pushups

2. Batman has dealt with just A's much if not more

3. I said quantifiable. Measurable stuff. Like tim tebow. Great guy grey leader great inspirerer but notso many quantifiable things that make him a good football player.

4. We are just on opposite ends of the spectrum and this isn't going anywhere but more repetition so I bid you a goodnight sir

1. Got proof of that? Again, he earned them. I also remind you, only reason he dedicated himself like that is because of his parents dieing. Seems pretty selfish to me. You can bring up "HE WOULD'VE BECAME A HERO". Bottom line is, he would've just been another business man. It's also pure assumption.

2. Again, pure ignorance. I'm never going to break it through your head on why that's hardly right at all, but okay dokey.

3. ..That's totally out of context and a horrible comparison. All of Cap's work SHOWED he was a true good hero before the serum.

4. Why end it now?

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@sog7dc: He has been through more than Bruce. He grew up in a time when poverty was rampant, when sizable amounts of people were treated like second-class citizens, and when there was a massive war going on. All of this, and Captain America was in the middle of it all, watching good people either get gunned down, or gased in camps. There was no Avengers. There was no Captain Americamobile, or planes, or boats. It was just him, his shield, and few good men to help him fight an evil that still exists in Marvel Earth today. He later gets frozen, wakes up, only to find out everything he held dear died a long time ago. The amount of pain Cap holds can drown Bruce's. You're welcome to prove me wrong, after everything I have said. Also, Bruce gets access to the finest foods, exercise machines, and teachers on Earth. Also, as a billionaire, he has all the time in the world. Combine that with his natural intellect, and I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T get himself into amazing shape. Let's not pretend that Cap is a bum while Bruce had to hang tough, because that's far from reality.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JulieDC

Cap has the better personality but he is more akin to Superman than Batman in my opinion...the only thing Cap and Batman can relate to is having sidekicks that died, came back to life, went evil, and eventually took their places when they "died".

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no no he is not better then captain america

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we got to about a half page before a Cap vs Bat clash broke out. All things considered I'd say not bad?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: shhhh its the calm before the next fanboy storm...

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: wow kid! I am totally impressed (sincerely -no sarcasm) with your love of Captain America and your understanding of where his true greatness lies- in his heart... that's why I love him too.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lifeofvibe

@mynamewasdeleted: i said shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhthe fanboy storm starts tomarow all right all rot

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Captain America v Batman ---I'd call it a stalemate. Cap has super strength and an unbreakable shield but Batman's skills and gadgets give him a chance. Cap America always holds his own in fights against tough marvel opponents, but Batman has a chance against anyone partly due to his gadgets and partly due to PIS! (stand back and watch the flames after that last remark).

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are right at their place but Batman is the best in both of them..!!!!!!!!!!

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Emperorb777

I don't see how this can be debated when it will always be an opinion the only fact is Superman is the greatest hero.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In what way? Anyways my answer is

@btmt said:

Both are right at their place but

Batman is the best!!!!!!!!!!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By kgb725

many criminals are afraid to meet batman and some think hes an actual demon

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By entropy_aegis

Respect is arguably more powerful than fear

Machiavelli would disagree.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Wow you're literally the most stupidest person I've ever met in a forum and I've met plenty.So if someone says they prefer Batman over Cap it makes them not worthy of respect and dignity? you do realize that they're both fictional characters right?

Now repeat after me...CAP IS NOT REAL,HE NEVER FOUGHT THE WAR,THEY'RE BOTH FICTIONAL CHARACTERS AND IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO PREFER ONE OF THEM TO THE OTHER OR TO LIKE BOTH THEM ALMOST EQUALLY(like myself)

@powerherc said:

Captain America is the better person, the better fighter, the better hero and the better character.

This. And to add on that, Cap had the hero's mindset before he even got his powers. Batman needed that trigger.

Probably because Bruce was just an 8 year old.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SideburnGuru

@mynamewasdeleted: I appreciate it, actually. Been a huge Captain America fan. As a kid, I wanted to be him. I still am somewhat inspired by the character. I think that's what makes me try hard to do so much, I don't know how to correctly word it, better in reality. To try and help people in my own way, no matter what anyone else says. The best quotes come from him too.

@entropy_aegis:

"Stupidest" Well, I can already sense the irony stentching off this guy. So let me get this straight, I'm the "stupidest", well wait.. if you didn't get the joke by the way, that's not a word. Joke is, only idiots use that word, but I shouldn't have to break that down for you. Moving on, because I was straight foward, and I said no one was going to change my opinon on that, meant I was in the wrong?

No, I give people like you the head's up. I understand he isn't real, I'm saying he did inspire me as a kid. I don't know what your issue is, or how you have such a complex to put yourself above someone else. Only thing I said was, that I will not care if someone says Batman is over Cap. I will not respect their opinion on that matter. I never claimed he was real. So don't go calling out people who are straight foward and giving everyone a head's up, with your half assed assumptions

Obviously, you should stay out of the battle forums, because people take the characters seriously there too. Now, good game. Don't assume things, and don't insult people you don't know, champ.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By Saren

Batman's better. I searched deep in my heart and decided I was ok with random children on the internet vehemently declaring that they "would not respect my opinion".

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is better......

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: here the reason and the onely reason when it comes down to when weaker men take the short cut weather it strenght or justice or even to protect your best friend it just show how weak you really are (i hope that other message did get to you)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: here the reason and the onely reason when it comes down to when weaker men take the short cut weather it strenght or justice or even to protect your best friend it just show how weak you really are (i hope that other message did get to you)

Hold on a sec.. it's not like he KNEW before hand that it would work out so well for him. This was an experiment conducted by the military... you know they don't ever end well. So to insinuate that Cap took the easy way out is pure buffoonery. He was the best candidate due to his internal fortitude and character and in no small part to the bravery it took to quite possibly DIE in the experiment that you assume was just a "short cut". That selfless act is not to be taken lightly.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is one of the crazier threads ive made

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Batman hands down!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SideburnGuru

@citizenbane said:

Batman's better. I searched deep in my heart and decided I was ok with random children on the internet vehemently declaring that they "would not respect my opinion".

Gotta love that on this site.

You be straight foward, and these so called "adults" have to mock you for it. Well played. Slow clap people.

@mynamewasdeleted
Agreed. It's gonna be hard to get across. People just see the whole super hero serum as a guarnteed short cut, forgetting that it was also more of a possibility it would kill him.

acekicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

see both are great heros both are well deserving but in my opinion batman is more ture hero to me than cap (batman is not as strong as cap is) but he is a better hero than cap. Batman is like a true hero

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta love that on this site.

You be straight foward, and these so called "adults" have to mock you for it. Well played. Slow clap people.

Not really. Act like a child, get treated like a child. When you went on your pathetic little wah-anyone-who-thinks-their-favorite-hero-is-better-than-mine-is-named-mud-in-my-book diatribe, did you really expect no one would call you out on acting like a petulant toddler? Get real, kid. And that was just on your behavior, I'm not even touching the fact that your summary of Batman contains such gems as alleging he was juicing up to get in shape or that he uses gadgets and Lazarus Pits to revive anyone close to him that dies. Someone else can go into depth on your incompetence.

New users get worse every day.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: its a short cut dude deal with it plenty of people have risk there life for a the short cut in comics at least doest make them the best person in the world

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By reignmaker

If the answer isn't Batman for you personally, that's ok. Just understand the answer is Batman for most people.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91  Edited By comicace3

No. Simple as that. Cap. is faster than batman, not smarter, or a skilled fighter but both are great tactical masters. Other than that they are practically the same. But is Cap. better than Bats... IMO...No.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Respect is arguably more powerful than fear

this is true

Hmmm, this is really tough. I'd like to think the characters are two sides of the same coin. They are both symbols (patriotic and fear) and they are both heroic. However, when Cap lost Ian he moved forth, to save him, but when Bats lost Damian he hit a wall before picking himself up. I don't know what to answer really!

i like this

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SideburnGuru

@citizenbane: Hell, I'm the kid?

Let me be honest, I did handle that section like an immature kid. I can come to terms with that, however at the same time..

I was straight forward. I admited being biased. I was upfront. The person I debated with handled it more maturely than you did. And let's even say "19" counts as a kid, if you're an adult and you're acting this rudely? Then I have doubts on how you feel so high enough to call me out.

I said, I won't accept anyone else saying differently. I admitted to it. I said it so no one else would waste their time.

Also, if you didn't get the sarcasm from the Bat-Roid comment, that's on you. I'm sick, and so is every new user on every forum of some "old respected user" thinking because of their join date, they're holier than thou. Bottom line is, you're some guy behind a computer just like me. I was upfront, and you have no reason to act like such an ass. Especially trying to say it's because I'm a newer user. I've seen older users act like bigger smart asses.

Now what I would like to do is put this behind us, acting like this argument was just a waste of time all around. I'd hope you'd be up for that.

kenisfow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kenisfow

Batman is..over a great asset to his world than Cap is to his own

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is the better person, the better fighter, the better hero...

Ok, arguable, but ok...

and the better character.

Ummm... what? You lost me there buddy.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: its a short cut dude deal with it plenty of people have risk there life for a the short cut in comics at least doest make them the best person in the world

He didn't risk his life for a shortcut, he risked his life to do his part to save the world from the Nazi's -the embodiment of evil- it was the ONLY way they would let him help, and it was almost guaranteed to kill him but he risked it anyway. This in no way diminishes Batman, but Cap is just better because his motivation was then and has always been a noble selfless one whereas Batman's was a selfish vengeful one.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Havenless

The short answer is yes, the long answer is absofrigginlutely.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#98  Edited By tg1982

I think that Captain America is better in some areas, and Batman is better in some areas, and they are equal in some areas.

I will say that people who try to make it sound like Cap just went in for an inoculation, and came out a Super Soldier does get tiring sometimes. When the fact is, Isaiah Bradley,and the rest of his unit, the SSS goons from the Commander Rogers mini, and basically every other person, besides Cap, who took the SSS is either dead or went crazy, or is in some other way severely debilitated. The only other person that comes to mind is Mockingbird, who also took another serum (the infinity formula) with the SSS, so it's fair to say the survivability rate of anyone who's taken the SSS is extremely low. But if that's how some people feel, then that's their opinion.

Now on to Batman, while I'm not as knowledgeable on him as I am on Captain America, I will say, it too is a copout to say, "well big deal, he was rich, so him getting in shape was easy." It's not, they may have taken different roads to get there but in doing so, to me at least, they both showed great determination, will power and courage.

Now on to what they've lost or had to suffer through. BOTH saw their parents die, BOTH saw their sidekicks die, BOTH saw their sons die. And for Cap, he was "awakened" and all of his surviving friends and loves were either dead or moved on (in the case of his first love, Peggy Carter), he was literally all alone and had nothing left in this world, but he didn't stop. I'm not taking anything away from Batman, I just don't know as much of his history as I do Cap's, so if anyone wants to inform me a little about Batman, in a cordial manner, then please do, I'd appreciate it greatly. :-)

Now on to their attributes. Simply put, I believe that Cap outclasses Batman, although not by too much, in every category physically. While Batman takes the point for intelligence, not that Cap is dumb, but that Batman's a genius. For fighting, I say they are actually equal in H2H. I will concede that Batman has mastered more styles of martial arts (I believe 127 forms), while Cap is adept at every form of H2H known to man (which ranges from proficient to master), so I give Batman the edge in martial arts skill, but to me (just like Cap's physical superiority) it's not by too much, and Cap's slight advantage in physicality makes up for Batman's slight advantage in martial arts skill, evening it out.

Cap's shield is surprisingly a very versatile tool, both offensively and defensively, in close quarters and at range. And the skill with which Cap wields it is nothing short of amazing. Batman has his utility belt, which, even I know, has a ton of versatility, he has a tool for every occasion, and his skill with it is also amazing.

So there are some similarities, but there are some differences as well. And the question, "who is better?" is completely based on one's own individual preference. For me it's Captain America. I'm a Cap fan. For others it's Batman, they're Batman fans. And all I can say to them is good for them. Sometimes people get too carried away with this stuff.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me be honest, I did handle that section like an immature kid. I can come to terms with that, however at the same time..

I was straight forward. I admited being biased. I was upfront. The person I debated with handled it more maturely than you did. And let's even say "19" counts as a kid, if you're an adult and you're acting this rudely? Then I have doubts on how you feel so high enough to call me out.

I said, I won't accept anyone else saying differently. I admitted to it. I said it so no one else would waste their time.

Also, if you didn't get the sarcasm from the Bat-Roid comment, that's on you. I'm sick, and so is every new user on every forum of some "old respected user" thinking because of their join date, they're holier than thou. Bottom line is, you're some guy behind a computer just like me. I was upfront, and you have no reason to act like such an ass. Especially trying to say it's because I'm a newer user. I've seen older users act like bigger smart asses.

Now what I would like to do is put this behind us, acting like this argument was just a waste of time all around. I'd hope you'd be up for that.

Rudely? Lol. If you're this thin-skinned over someone calling you a child for acting like one........

Your roids comment seems less like sarcasm and more like you trying to dismiss something utterly stupid you said as sarcasm. You even asked for scans of Batman bulking up manually at one point, but ok, fine, that was sarcasm. The point about Batman having killed because he snapped the neck of one guy and hung another from the Batwing in the 40's before the character's code of morality even existed? Hell, before the DC Universe even existed? Was that supposed to be sarcasm as well, or just incompetence? Not sure how you're entertaining this delusion that being "upfront" makes you seem like any less of a petulant toddler, but fine. Most 19-year-olds know better. I'm not even minorly interested in the rest of that noise.

Sure, let's put this behind us. This argument was a waste of time from the minute you came up with it.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

Rudely? Lol. If you're this thin-skinned over someone calling you a child for acting like one........

Your roids comment seems less like sarcasm and more like you trying to dismiss something utterly stupid you said as sarcasm. You even asked for scans of Batman bulking up manually at one point, but ok, fine, that was sarcasm. The point about Batman having killed because he snapped the neck of one guy and hung another from the Batwing in the 40's before the character's code of morality even existed? Hell, before the DC Universe even existed? Was that supposed to be sarcasm as well, or just incompetence? Not sure how you're entertaining this delusion that being "upfront" makes you seem like any less of a petulant toddler, but fine. Most 19-year-olds know better. I'm not even minorly interested in the rest of that noise.

Sure, let's put this behind us. This argument was a waste of time from the minute you came up with it.

I asked for scans of the "hard massive work" he put into it. Also, you still didn't acknowledge the fact you took it way more personally than the guy who I was actually debating with, which would actaully twist the toddler mentality around.

Again though, let's just put it behind us.