Is Black Widow worthy?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Has Natasha ever tried to lift Thor's hammer? Because in the Age of Ultron What if? she was able to lift it. Please don't post in this thread saying "no" or arguing she isn't worthy when she was clearly able to lift the hammer when she tried. I'm asking if she has ever gotten the chance, because if not everyone is just unaware she could lift it.

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She's not worthy

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

No but Aracely is. Ask Thor, he's afraid of her.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

She's not worthy

No...

Based on what? She seems to have all the same character qualities as Cap and Thor...

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@kgb725 said:

She's not worthy

@theacidskull said:

No...

Based on what? She seems to have all the same character qualities as Cap and Thor...

If that were enough, a lot more characters would be able to lift the damn hammer. Having similar characteristics is never enough, ever.

So based on nothing.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@teerack: There's obviously a hidden panel we didn't see where she smashes with it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

@kgb725 said:

She's not worthy

@theacidskull said:

No...

If that were enough, a lot more characters would be able to lift the damn hammer. Having similar characteristics is never enough, ever.

So based on nothing.

So based on the fact that a lot of characters are similar to Thor and have yet not been able to lift that Hammer. If every other character could do it because they resemble Thor or captain america, then being worthy wouldn't be very special.

If that's "nothing" to you, then fine man, black widow, along with 30 other characters can lift the hammer with 0 problem.

There haven't been that many character in general who have tried to lift the hammer. Young Thor isn't able to lift the hammer because he hasn't learned humility or benevolence yet, so being worthy is for sure tied into a person's character. Natasha if you think about it is probably more like Thor then Cap is. I'm not saying 30 other people can lift the hammer because there aren't a lot of characters like Natasha. No one else is as much a selfless solider that doesn't allow their own ego to get in the way of what they have to and should do. I'm actually curious to hear who you think these 30 characters who are similar to Cap and Thor as much as Natasha, because they probably all have obvious character flaws that would make then unworthy.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want anyone lifting Thor's Hammer. Steve is fine, it's canon, it happened, but I don't want the flood gates to open on people being considered "worthy."

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As much as I love Natasha, no she isn't.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That New Warriors panel is off the chain.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's worthy of making a sandwich.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pikachumonster

No.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't want anyone lifting Thor's Hammer. Steve is fine, it's canon, it happened, but I don't want the flood gates to open on people being considered "worthy."

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

No.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Black Widow cannot lift Thor's hammer.

She's a top notch spy, excellent fighter, has a long established and respected history, is portrayed by Scarlett in the films and is Marvel's epitome of femme fatale.

I think my question is... isn't that enough?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worthy enough to get Thor a mug of mead.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

What is it that makes a character worthy? I'm sure I saw Ghost Rider wield it in a late-70s Avengers issue.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 vance_astro  Moderator

What is it that makes a character worthy? I'm sure I saw Ghost Rider wield it in a late-70s Avengers issue.

IIRC he didn't actually wield Mjolnir he caught it when it was throw at him.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@vance_astro: Ah, yeah, you're right it seems. I thought he'd caught it and had control, but it seems he was just being pulled along on his bike by it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 vance_astro  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@vance_astro: Ah, yeah, you're right it seems. I thought he'd caught it and had control, but it seems he was just being pulled along on his bike by it.

Yup.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shot

If Black Widow is worthy, then I want Ghost Rider and Punisher to pick up that hammer.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'm not going to say Natasha can't lift it but I am going to say that lifting it in a what if is not proof that she could do it in the mainstream.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Like some others already mentioned, I'd rather Natasha not be able to. I'd rather most (if not all) characters were unable to lift it.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What issue was it, because now I'm curious?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

What issue was it, because now I'm curious?

Thor 390, waaaay back in 1988.

MMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on where in her timeline you're. Anytime before Shild is a "hell no she wouldn't be able" and most of the time after, too, but in her most "redempted" setting, I think she could.

If you take in consideration also the fact that "worthy" can be a pretty arbitrary concept, you may argue that someone like her would fit Odin's perception of what worthy is even better than Captain America for an example, since Natasha had the worst childhood/teenage-hood/most adulthood ever. Ever. She was conditioned to be a cold murderer, as simple as that, since almost always, and somehow she managed to realize that this was not right, not what she wanted, and it's pretty amazing considering her story. If someone is worthy of their own achievements it is Natasha, the expression "raised by wolves" totally applies to her. Being good is not easy for her, at all, and it makes everything she does now even more interesting, it's not like she is bad, on the contrary, I think that for her to break the conditioning she had Natasha had to be inherently good, anything less and she wouldn't have been able to. It's just that, when you are taught your whole life that one thing is right, specially the way she was taught it, for you to break it is just... very improbable, and very impressive. So, even if she is not as "good" as Cap, she tries the hardest she can, and she can definitively be considered "worthy".

That is, my opinion people. (I am just commenting now after the Avengers sneek peak :) )

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was based on who Odin thought was worthy? If I remebered Cap. was only able to temporarily wield it when Odin allowed him

Baronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, power like that shouldn't be handed like peanuts.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BeaconofStrength

No, she isn't worthy. The only reason she was worthy in what if, was because she was literally training to become worthy, so she could save earth. She normally wouldn't be able to lift Mjolnir.