Is Batman Prep overrated?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Superguy1591

@thebiggestg: Batman has NEVER, EVER defeated Darkseid. He's out-gambled him before, but even then, that was PIS.

And if Kord sold as much as Bruce, Kord's intellect will be advertised as well.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Superguy1591

@thebiggestg: As far as T.O. Morrow is concerned?

No Caption Provided

Show me Batman incapacitating a threat the scale of BA so effortlessly.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator

I find underrated in the sense that Batman is supposed to be quite intelligent and tactical and most forum posters like most people in general aren't as intelligent or tactical relatively, so what Batman could potentially do in any given situation with prep requires a person to actually think a bit and apply themselves to a level close to Batman. Since most users don't have the same motivation as Batman in any given situation, most are just posting for fun or ego, most are only thinking about the situation for a few minutes rather than hours or days, the ability to accurately convey what a very intelligent and tactical individual that constantly approaches and solves problems… is going to be lacking. Most posters also don't want to weigh probabilities and possibilities by outlining what Batman could do preferring a dichotomized arrangement.

However like many things, also overrated in the sense that some can apply prep as magic. Apply it in a vague sense, relying on the idea that Batman is so intelligent and tactical that with prep he will just somehow work out a way. This can actually undermine the character, talking about prep with any character should be a preface to a deeper conversation not an exclamation point on an argument.

The above paragraphs also play off each other since some intelligent users can have good reasons to say Batman is either underrated or overrated and also some other users can have poor reasons behind asserting that he is underrated or overrated and people tend to exaggerate and overreact and so backlash can occur and backlash to backlash occurs and everything just escalates, leading to polarization.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: so...maybe?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#55 SC  Moderator

@superguy1591: Depends on your application of maybe. Maybe can mean indecisiveness or perhaps, but can also mean yes and no circumstance or context dependent, or potentially, or a few other things, suggesting uncertainty may be present or that certainty hinges on context. So maybe maybe.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Fanboy logic.

Batman with Preptime could beat Deathstroke with Preptime.

No, Deathstroke will always stomp Batman in a 1 on 1 fight.

Batman isnt remotly as good as people believe, that is a good thing since it makes the character interesting, the whole Batman always has a plan, knows everything and has all the skills in the world make him Omnipotent.

Which at the end of the day is the most boring thing ever.

Why do you do you do nothing but complain about people who overrate him? You know others underrate him too but you're silent when that happens. For a character you claim to like you sure do enjoy saying he's overrated.

You probably except that Doom can beat a God like the Beyonder but Batman can't beat a barely superhuman in Deathstroke? LOL. If Batman knowing everything is boring I guess that means you think people like Deathstroke, Lex, Doom, Reed, Stark, Black Panther and others are boring too right? After all they all are smarter than Batman (except Deathstroke but you think he's better with prep)

I know I know you're going to call me a fanboy that'll be original.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@thebiggestg: As far as T.O. Morrow is concerned?

No Caption Provided

Show me Batman incapacitating a threat the scale of BA so effortlessly.

If I did,you'd just call it Batwanking.

@thebiggestg: Batman has NEVER, EVER defeated Darkseid. He's out-gambled him before, but even then, that was PIS.

The same goes for every time Darkseid encounters Superman.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@superguy1591 said:

2nd part isn't always true, Lex Luthor isn't as popular as Batman but is advertised as smarter than him. Amadeus Cho is smarter than Spider-Man and Spider-Man is massively more popular than him. Reed's intellect is more advertised than Tony Stark's even though Stark is much more popular. Being popular doesn't mean the company will automatically make you the be all end all of everything.

Why is it when Batman does something impressive it's always PIS to you? Doom can beat a God (Beyonder) and you'll take it as legit. Batman does the same thing and it's either PIS or Batwanking. You clearly hate Batman so why should I take your opinion seriously on this matter? Seriously lets say there are lots of DC characters that are smarter than Batman for the sake of argument. Even if the writers did make an effort to build him up to the point he was on their level you'd cry Batwanking.

Which leads me to why do you seemingly hate Batman so much? Seriously it isn't normal for someone to go out of their way daily to talk about a character they dislike. Why is it so important for you to prove he's overrated? Lots of characters are overrated but you're not obsessively trying to prove they are like you do with him. You talk about Batman more than you talk about Superman or anyone else for that matter. You have a very odd fixation on him almost like it's personal.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Superguy1591

@jack_donaghy: But many characters, including Luthor, have OFTEN marveled at Kord's genius and Luthor has even claimed that Kord is his superior in some areas of science.

Ted Kord is smarter than Batman. Get over it. And if Batman can do that to BA, why not do it to Joker and the other small fries in Gotham? Which one do you want? Gotham Batman or DC Earth Batman? Because he can't be both.

Cant nut have Superman struggle to beat Nightwing in an arm wrestling match and then say Superman stands a chance against Darkseid.

@entropy_aegis: You can't wank a villain, buddy.

And, well, that was the whole point of the N52. Superman can't beat Darkseid either. Except...well, Tomasi seems to think Batman can witj pure muscle.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By entropy_aegis

@superguy1591 said:

@jack_donaghy: But many characters, including Luthor, have OFTEN marveled at Kord's genius and Luthor has even claimed that Kord is his superior in some areas of science.

Ted Kord is smarter than Batman. Get over it. And if Batman can do that to BA, why not do it to Joker and the other small fries in Gotham? Which one do you want? Gotham Batman or DC Earth Batman? Because he can't be both.

Cant nut have Superman struggle to beat Nightwing in an arm wrestling match and then say Superman stands a chance against Darkseid.

And, well, that was the whole point of the N52. Superman can't beat Darkseid either. Except...well, Tomasi seems to think Batman can witj pure muscle.

Say's who? does Joker ring a bell? or Doomsday? or Deathstroke? or Prometheus? or Doom? or Thanos? or Adam himself? do I need to continue?

Darkseid will not show up in this arc,Tomasi made that clear. All that WTF muscle is for Kalibak and Godfrey,that's actually complimenting both characters.

And Kord can come back when he has something to show for it,Batman>>>>>>>>Kord,most of Batman's rogues are smarter than Kord.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keithcolby1995 said:

No, he is the best prepper in comics. or top 3.

LMFAO!!!!!! Your statement sir is full of Tom Foolery!!! For Batman to even be considered top 3 as far as preparation goes he would have to be better than one of the following: Thanos, ReedRichards or Dr. Doom. Everyone here knows Batman isn't better at prep than any of those 3. I don't think he even makes top 10 if one were to include the likes of Constantine, Apocalypse, Brainiac, Darkseid, TonyStark, Kang the Conqueror, Loki..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i am really glad you didn't said black panther.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Say's who? does Joker ring a bell? or Doomsday? or Deathstroke? or Prometheus? or Doom? or Thanos? or Adam himself? do I need to continue?

Darkseid will not show up in this arc,Tomasi made that clear. All that WTF muscle is for Kalibak and Godfrey,that's actually complimenting both characters.

And Kord can come back when he has something to show for it,Batman>>>>>>>>Kord,most of Batman's rogues are smarter than Kord.

1.) It's not wanking, it's trying to present the heroes with a viable threat by turning the villains into actual threats. Villains need PIS or they would be sh*t villains. Batman only use PIS so that he can be popular and feel like he belongs for you guys. That's wanking.

2.) Okay, he doesn't think Batman can take Darkseid, that's good, but Kalibak is no joke. He's a New God that's probably physically stronger than Arthur. And Arthur is strong.

3.) You're wrong. Let that go. Ted is smarter than Batman. In order I say: Lex, Sivana, Holt, Hiro Okamura(forgot about him), T.O. Morrow, Kord and THEN, MAYBE, we say Batman at 7.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Doom knows magic, another thing Doom had Galactus technology and yes Doom is way smarter that Batman when it comes to science.

Remember that Batman isnt a character like Reed or Tony, look the fact that they send Hulk to space and it backfired, Batman would had notice this could happen, since Batman is smarter that them about this type of things.

There isnt a universal intelligence, like people had point Kord is smarter in some things that Batman and Luthor.

Another thing Doom didnt beat the Beyonder he take his powers, then Doom notice there was no way he could control this powers and it backfires to him.

At the end there is a reason this is less fanwanking that Batman punching Darkseid for the fact Doom had technology way beyond human technology and still failed.

No Caption Provided

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DBVSE7

Funny how a person born into a rich family that's worth billions, with a high IQ and 12th level intellect who also has mastered multiple fighting styles is a symbol that ANYONE can become a hero.. right moving along.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say no. The pendulum seems to have swung almost clear to the opposite side in that regard. He tends to be underrated here on the Vine these days.

These things tend to swing back though. ;)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Superguy1591

@dbvse7: Brainiac 5? Batman isn't a 12th level intellect if you meant him.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By entropy_aegis

@superguy1591 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@superguy1591 said:

1.) It's not wanking, it's trying to present the heroes with a viable threat by turning the villains into actual threats. Villains need PIS or they would be sh*t villains. Batman only use PIS so that he can be popular and feel like he belongs for you guys. That's wanking.

2.) Okay, he doesn't think Batman can take Darkseid, that's good, but Kalibak is no joke. He's a New God that's probably physically stronger than Arthur. And Arthur is strong.

3.) You're wrong. Let that go. Ted is smarter than Batman. In order I say: Lex, Sivana, Holt, Hiro Okamura(forgot about him), T.O. Morrow, Kord and THEN, MAYBE, we say Batman at 7.

Oh really? then who exactly is the new Deathstroke book being marketed to? or Lex Luthor in the JL? obviously they cannot be wanked(rolls eyes),where do you get these weird ideas from I'd love to know.

Please drop some feats for Kord ,I'm certain you wont find much other than a lame ass air gun and space ship,and Hiro? isn't that a Loeb character? more importantly didn't Loeb himself prove Hiro was smarter than Lex so why is he ranked below?

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kord get over it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Superguy1591

@dbvse7: Batman fanboys for you. But 12th level intellect entails a level of knowledge that can't be contained by a human being. 12th level intellects are source level brains. Basically making them gods.

Batman, Luthor and every human character I know of has never been graded past a 9(Luthor).

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: You act like I don't hate when Deathstroke is wanked. I hated the Identity Crisis fight. And Luthor is JL is still a villain that the JL will have to deal with. He's not DC's answer to Iron Man now.

Again, comparing what Kord has done to what Batman has done is not fair since Batman has been published more than anyone elose in comics. All you have to go by for Ted being smarter than Bruce is that everyone who has ever met both always says..."Ted is smarter than Bruce," i think even Batman has admitted to it.

As far as Hiro is concerned, when did anyone ever say Luthor had a superior. Even if Luthor did, he would've killed him so Lex can be best.

Don't go too far, buddy. Geoff just introduced Ted Kord into the DCnU; we're about to see his genius at work. It will probably be him who gets the upper hand on Lex and I'll laugh as you guys cry over it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Yea I kinda of figured it was lower then what I've seen 12 seemed abit much.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, there is too much polarization whenever the words "Batman" and "Prep" or "Intelligence". I haven't seen too many good battles on the forum that involve these combination of words. Usually, there are 1-3 people on a Batman prep thread that actually give an objective answer.

If people making prep battle thread substituted Batman for someone like Black Panther, Spiderman, or Captain America, then you would see less bias and more thought out responses.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is at times.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By comicace3

@jack_donaghy: Doom knows magic, another thing Doom had Galactus technology and yes Doom is way smarter that Batman when it comes to science.

Remember that Batman isnt a character like Reed or Tony, look the fact that they send Hulk to space and it backfired, Batman would had notice this could happen, since Batman is smarter that them about this type of things.

There isnt a universal intelligence, like people had point Kord is smarter in some things that Batman and Luthor.

Another thing Doom didnt beat the Beyonder he take his powers, then Doom notice there was no way he could control this powers and it backfires to him.

At the end there is a reason this is less fanwanking that Batman punching Darkseid for the fact Doom had technology way beyond human technology and still failed.

No Caption Provided

That was beutiful...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: You act like I don't hate when Deathstroke is wanked. I hated the Identity Crisis fight. And Luthor is JL is still a villain that the JL will have to deal with. He's not DC's answer to Iron Man now.

Again, comparing what Kord has done to what Batman has done is not fair since Batman has been published more than anyone elose in comics. All you have to go by for Ted being smarter than Bruce is that everyone who has ever met both always says..."Ted is smarter than Bruce," i think even Batman has admitted to it.

As far as Hiro is concerned, when did anyone ever say Luthor had a superior. Even if Luthor did, he would've killed him so Lex can be best.

Don't go too far, buddy. Geoff just introduced Ted Kord into the DCnU; we're about to see his genius at work. It will probably be him who gets the upper hand on Lex and I'll laugh as you guys cry over it.

Ted is smart because Ted is smart,that's his shtick but it does not make him smarter than Batman,and I honestly dont care about statements,it's just a lazy way of pusing the character without any creativity,remember Sentry fighting Galactus?

Yeah and Batman will get 30 other showings by a dozen different writers,if anything it's Johns who'll look like a retard.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wolfrazer

Sec...even with prep, isn't the only reason Bats does so well with prep is because he has researched/studies his opponents for years and knows how to take them on?

So giving him 1 day or so prep against someone he has never even met/fought before....even then you could say that he wouldn't be able to win. I mean the prep helps sure, but if he doesn't know who the other person is...then the prep becomes somewhat limited to what he brings considering he doesn't know his opponent.

Unless of course said opponent is similar to the guys he fights regularly.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes. Highly overrated.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Funny how a person born into a rich family that's worth billions, with a high IQ and 12th level intellect who also has mastered multiple fighting styles is a symbol that ANYONE can become a hero.. right moving along.

and then people claim that he's the most relatable superhero

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely overrated. He's been beaten by non-metahumans (Joker, Deadshot, etc.) who he knows better than anyone else. Prep with human limitations isn't an auto-win.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So I guess Doom is the overpowered fanwank character then. People always call Batman BatGod but if Doom is so much more powerful than him he's the true God but you're cool with that. Doom surviving a blast from the Beyonder is bigger fanwank than anything Batman has been involved in. But no shock the legion of neckbeards allow their internet darling Doom get away with crap like that. Doom can get away with ANY PIS fanwank moment and no one would say a word. Batman does the same thing and you guys riot. Surely Batman's popularity hasn't got people that butthurt.

@ganon15 said:

@dbvse7 said:

Actually Spider-Man is called relatable more than Batman is. With his genius intellect and super powers using your logic I guess Peter isn't all that relatable is he? Oh wait you don't have a problem with him so he can still be relatable even though like Batman he has unrelatable aspects to his character.

The butthurt Batman has caused people is hilarious knowing a fictional character can get people this upset is kinda sad though.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By modernww2fare
@dbvse7 said:

He didn't even have prep for his parents.. *leaves thread*

No Caption Provided

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ganon15

@jack_donaghy said:

@ganon15 said:

@dbvse7 said:

Actually Spider-Man is called relatable more than Batman is.

Not from my experience.

With his genius intellect and super powers using your logic I guess Peter isn't all that relatable is he? Oh wait you don't have a problem with him so he can still be relatable even though like Batman he has unrelatable aspects to his character.

The butthurt Batman has caused people is hilarious knowing a fictional character can get people this upset is kinda sad though

Sounds like I touched the nerves of a Batfan. And no I don't hate the character, in fact he's one of my favourite DC characters but when he's constantly called "relatable" I can't help but laugh

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Very. Batman wasn't ready for a Heretic to the Damian.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is so underrated right now.

are you serious.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacredweapons said:

are you serious.

Yea im series. Aside from all the bat hype when was the last time you saw batman win a battle.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

@sacredweapons said:

are you serious.

Yea im series. Aside from all the bat hype when was the last time you saw batman win a battle.

Every time I look in the battle forums.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

all prep is overrated not just batman...haters put him in such stupid battles and seem to expect him to be overrated but are secretly hoping him to be hated

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is underrated.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ironspiderchan45

You have never heard of the chew force huh

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

batprep not overrated anymore

everyone else except bats get to slip past

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Severely.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman without prep is not overrated in the slightest.

Batman with prep?......Watch out TOAA.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Asking if Batman is overrated with prep time is like asking if grass is green.

Fenrir would have words with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. You have people saying he can't prep for the Thing. And any good prep feat he has is called PIS.

Avatar image for heyitsgamingtime
HeyItsGamingTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's good at making accurate and efficient analysis to help him find a way to exploit weaknesses; he has advanced technology which enables him to do so.