Are Batman and Black Panther Equal In Intelligence?

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By algorhythm511

I personally think so and here's why.

I have been doing a lot of research on Black Panther and Batman's intelligence and prep feats. They seem to be equal in most area except for resources. Black Panther has an entire country behind him and definitely wins that.

However, without any outside help it would be a close call. They are both genius level polymaths. In certain area they edge out each other. Some areas don't exist in the other respective universe (like Vibranium metallurgy). Then there are areas like tactical deductions and psychology where Batman edges out. For Black Panther, it is Physics.

However, if I were to rank Batman's overall intelligence in the Marvel U, I would rank him about 8th tied with the Black Panther.

Then there are physicals and standard gear where Panther is better, so in a random encounter Panther should edge out depending on what gear he has.

Thoughts?

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: The only thing I could see is the nowhere room but Batman did build the Codex and The Boom Tube Gauntlets, FWIW.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're about even across the board.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

T'Challa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree. Like you said there are areas where they edge each other out, but overall it is about even.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Thanks. I have been looking character substitutes to make battles for.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a chance.... Black Panther is much smarter.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Frisky4

I don't understand where people are getting the "much" smarter bit.

Personally, I think they're about equal in most areas of intelligence. From deduction, to science, to martial arts knowledge.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By algorhythm511

@frisky4 said:

I don't understand where people are getting the "much" smarter bit.

Personally, I think they're about equal in most areas of intelligence. From deduction, to science, to martial arts knowledge.

Yea, I don't know either. I guess people like to low-ball Bats, lol.

They have both reversed engineered advanced tech and created their own devices from. Panther did it with Dooms tech to drain the Silver Surfer's powers. Batman built the Boom Tube gauntlets with Apokoliptian tech.

I think the most high end thing BP has created is the Nowhere Zone. However, Bruce has created the Codex.

They have both defeated really high tier opponents with prep, etc.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again people should notice IQ and Grades are random numbers that dont matter and dont show anything about intelligence.

Being good at school, doesnt show intelligence.

Tchalla its from a world with better technology, has more money and lived in Mary SueTopia.

Even when i hate PIS, saying that all Black Panther PIS its a feat and all Batman PIS its not a feat, well its silly.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the better tactician and has accomplished more, I guess he is smarter.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JuzaCloud

Black panther has a bigger Earl Campbell

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems pretty even. Bats higher end fates get called PIS, but so does a few of BP's. Bats also is more over rated among ppl, but BP is getting there (have you seen the battle threads lately? LOL).

I pretty much agree with OP.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: LMAO!!!! You are always heavily biased towards marvel. Aren't you the guy who thought Thor could take any incarnation of flash?

Claudia2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

since they are experts in different fields, no

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grim187: I'm not biased, I take the facts I see, and the facts say that he could.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nay. Batman is smarter. Why do you think they call him the prep god?

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nyhybrid89

I would say they are about even in terms of intellect.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tichalla is more superior in every way

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By algorhythm511

I would say in most things, the gap isn't that big....except resources.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is omniscient.

'Nuff said.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is defiantly smarter look at all his accomplish with his resources. If he had T'Challa resources his accomplishments would be greater than anything BP has accomplish.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gracetrack

As much as I'd like to take the easy route and say they are equal (because they pretty much are), I still have to say Bruce is a good bit smarter.

They both have very impressive high-end feats, to be sure, and a case could be made for either character. However, taking away some of the things Bruce can't possibly know about because they don't exist in the DCU (e.g. "vibranium metallurgy"), I feel like Bruce is generally more intelligent and well-informed, with more experience to boot. On top of being pretty equal to T'Challa in such areas as inventing, physics, tactics, and tracking, Bruce just seems (to me) to be more knowledgeable in a wider variety of areas, such as: disguise, business management, escapology, forensics, investigation, interrogation, psychology, criminology, chemistry, etc. The only fields in which I see T'Challa being distinctly more knowledgeable than Bruce are alchemy and magic... and maaaaybe physics.

Anyway, that's my point of view on the matter. :)

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They are equal.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is obviously at least 50 million times smarter than Batman. You just can't beat Black Panther, he's the holy king of ComicVine. You want proof? Here's the proof:

Bewareth my brothers! He'll come and tear you apart, if you don't repent! He is undestroyable. He has no beginning and no end. He is the king of the kings.

-darkhutner89 (Holy ComicBook, Siseneg 5:89)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I would say Bruce is smarter from a practical perspective. T'Challa has intent (being in the same groups as guys like Stark, Pym, Reed, etc) but lacks in actual feats outside of some impressive stuff like outprepping Stark or utilising Shadow Physics (something which Doom basically already figured out but eh)

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CheatCode

@grim187 said:

Seems pretty even. Bats higher end fates get called PIS, but so does a few of BP's. Bats also is more over rated among ppl, but BP is getting there (have you seen the battle threads lately? LOL).

I pretty much agree with OP.

OP likes Batman I can almost guarantee. BP is low superhuman with a vibranium suit that absorbs kinetic energy and redirects it among other things. He’s built to beat a lot of people.

No Caption Provided

Batman is peak human, with some nice tech and people find it more justifiable for him to hang with people like Flash.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@cheatcode: Batman wouldn't beat Flash ever, realistically. Even with his silly over the type mechs the "counters" he uses are completely silly.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gracetrack

Still Batman.

A solid case can be made for Bruce Wayne being the overall smartest human in both DC and Marvel (mainstream canon) based on his feats, the different intelligence types (it isn’t all about IQ), and based upon new information that has come to light in the last five years.

Here’s a brief write-up on the topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nay. Batman is smarter. Why do you think they call him the prep god?

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TChalla outsmarts Doom.

No Caption Provided

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gracetrack

Bruce Wayne outplays/out-strategizes Darkseid.

No Caption Provided

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CheatCode

@gracetrack.
TChalla’s was more offensive, Bruce was more defensive in those feats.

Batfan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Batfan345

batman smarter

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_wspanialy  Online

As much as I'd like to take the easy route and say they are equal (because they pretty much are), I still have to say Bruce is a good bit smarter.

They both have very impressive high-end feats, to be sure, and a case could be made for either character. However, taking away some of the things Bruce can't possibly know about because they don't exist in the DCU (e.g. "vibranium metallurgy"), I feel like Bruce is generally more intelligent and well-informed, with more experience to boot. On top of being pretty equal to T'Challa in such areas as inventing, physics, tactics, and tracking, Bruce just seems (to me) to be more knowledgeable in a wider variety of areas, such as: disguise, business management, escapology, forensics, investigation, interrogation, psychology, criminology, chemistry, etc. The only fields in which I see T'Challa being distinctly more knowledgeable than Bruce are alchemy and magic... and maaaaybe physics.

This, most likely.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46 krisbishop  Moderator

Avatar image for deactivated-64cf1207095fb
deactivated-64cf1207095fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is way smarter

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re def in the same class of intellect, but I do think Bruce is smarter if not by much

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracetrack said:

This, most likely.